- Tired of rebuilding every building in your server, because those green things ruin them all the time?
- Tired of filling in all the explosion-created holes? Wish you could tell people to do it themselves?
- And also you hate the mods which make the creepers just walk around without doing anything to the players?
- Do you have a nether paradise? Do you hate the fireball spitting ghasts or players exploding beds?
- Too much grief with TNT?
- Those missing or randomly placed blocks from endermen triggering your OCD?
- Having fun with fireballs but don't like the fire? Or want creepers to burn stuff too?
- That huge hole left by Wither boss got you down?
- AntiCreeper config.yml too confusing for you?
- Want to spawn an Enderdragon but don't like the wholesale destruction?
If You say yes to just one of the questions, then this plugin is for You!
This plugin by Filbert66, though its roots come from @Rothens.
- Cancels creeper environment-destroying behavior.
- or optionally allows it but can leave 100% of destroyed blocks, allowing easy rebuilding.
- and/or configure a height below which it is allowed, or alternatively above which it is allowed.
- and/or define a list of blocks that are (the only/NOT) affected
- and optionally disable sound & smoke or player damage, if you really want to
- and selectively configure which entities receive damage or not.
- Cancels TNT, Fireballs, Wither explosions, ender crystal, unknown explosions (from other plugins) with all of same options as for creepers, above
- optional different configuration for wither skulls and TNT minecarts.
- But can damage the players in all cases! (you can now control this, too)
- Cancel various enderman behaviors, including block pickups, or just put-downs.
- with configurable white/blacklist!
- cancel damage caused by lightning (for you spell-makers out there).
- disable Wither & Ender Dragon moving through and damaging blocks
- both support configurable blocklists
- Detailed configuration now available!
- Multi-world support; [In 4.17] you can now turn off Anticreeper's behavior for certain explosions in certain worlds.
- In-game commands to query, set, and save configuration items
- allows testing config changes without making them permanent
- save configs to disk without every manually editing config.yml.
- disable exploding beds in the nether
- Override explosion power to strengthen/weaken each explosion type
- Option to throw destroyed blocks a distance based on proximity to explosion center; [n 4.18].
- Supports multiple languages on all player messages
- See Languages and Translations page for details.
mobGriefing rule not the same
I hope you see that this does much more than the mobGriefing game rule. Yes, it's almost the same as the default Anticreeper config, but not the same. In fact, this plugin started because it seemed incorrect that creepers can't blow up blocks when in the deep dark, mining. See my comment on this for an equivalent Anticreeper config.
Anticreeper allows you to do more, including fine-tune what/who gets damaged from explosions, at what height/depth you need to be to cause block damage, create protected block types, allow damage from one mob explosion but not another, and lastly but perhaps most significantly, nerf TNT damage which mobGriefing does nothing about!
Configuration Description & Hints
Please READ THIS LINKED PAGE FIRST before you post here with problems.
Still Not Working for you?
Most common error is misspelling your world name. Log into your world and execute these commands in game:
ac world ac world on ac save
First tells you if you had it on in that world. Second activates it, just to make sure. Third saves it so it sticks.
Commands and Permissions
Details about in-game commands and associated permissions are found here.
Since 4.8 the plugin now sends statistics to mcstats.org. These are completely anonymous and help me as a plugin developer know how the plugin is being used. You can view the same data by clicking below. If you want to turn it off, simply edit plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml and change opt-out: false to true
Click here to have input into what I should do next.
Any donations are welcome and will inspire more features. :)
Com este plugin, os villager vão continuar conseguindo colher as plantações?
how can i active beds in nether...
Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
Edit: to everyone who can't get it to work, USE THE IN-GAME COMMANDS! For some reason, /ac reload is broken and does nothing. It only outputs "[AntiCreeper] brought to you by Filbert66" to the console, but doesn't reload configs. Make sure you're using /acs to edit config files.
Hi filbert66, i tried using this on my 1.16.5 server and for some reason it doesnt work? Do I need to change some sort of setting in the config or does it automatically start working?
In reply to EagZieNotEggZie:
I'm not aware of any problems. How does it not work? Have you recently changed your config.yml? Have you looked at the console log for errors?
In reply to filbert66:
Thanks for reply, and I just checked log and it says this:
[15:08:16] [Server thread/INFO]: [AntiCreeper] Enabling AntiCreeper v5.1
[15:08:16] [Server thread/INFO]: [AntiCreeper] No config found in AntiCreeper/; writing defaults
[15:08:16] [Server thread/INFO]: [AntiCreeper] brought to you by Filbert66
[15:08:16] [Server thread/INFO]: [AntiCreeper] successfully set log level to INFO
I did a reinstall and then it proceeded to say the following:
[15:12:49] [Server thread/INFO]: [AntiCreeper] Enabling AntiCreeper v5.1
[15:12:49] [Server thread/INFO]: [AntiCreeper] brought to you by Filbert66
[15:12:49] [Server thread/INFO]: [AntiCreeper] successfully set log level to FINEST
But it still didnt work.
Everything is great, i just have a problem with fireworks, they dont seem to explode, do you know any fix for that ?
In reply to alexkunvega:
Now that you mention it, fireworks is an explosion that I have not explicitly handled. I think it should fall under nerf_unknown. Have you set that field at all in your config? If so, ensure it has the following:
Hey. Can you provide some more information on how to use exceptions_worlds?
I want to turn off ghast's block destruction from fireballs in nether but have fireballs actually destroy blocks in the overworld. I couldn't find an example on how to use exceptions_worlds and didn't manage make it work correctly myself. Would appreciate your help.
Here is my attempt
# This section affects ghast fire, fire charges, and wither skulls
depth: 0 #that is, everywhere
yield: -1 # force to system default
depth: 0 #that is, everywhere
In reply to litraytwitch:
First, make sure your config.yml is formatted right, with 2 spaces in front of subsidiary items. Can you PM me the config.yml so I can verify format?
Second, the exception_worlds looks right, if your overworld is called "world" and your End world is "world_the_end". That name would normally be set in your server.properties file.
This is it, this is exactly what i've been looking for, thanks !
Hey! I'm currently running AntiCreeper through an Aternos server (which might be the issue, but I'm not sure). When I run /ac save, it doesn't do anything. Therefore, it doesn't seem to save my changes. If you have any advice, I'd really appreciate it!
In reply to robyn_bird13572:
Afraid I can't help you with Aternos. I call the Bukkit/Spigot plugin.saveConfig(). Recommend you edit your config.yml file to get it the way you like instead of using commands.
I am having the same issue, have u managed to fix it?
In reply to Thiaceton:
I have no data to help me duplicate and track down this issue. Can you send me the data I requested? also, what versions of Spigot/Bukkit are you using and what version of AntiCreeper? What are your world names?
This is confusing: I typed ac world and it said AntiCreeper in your world is active. I wrote again ac world on, ac world save and it told me AntiCreeper is disabled for my world! Why does it say disabled when I do save?
In reply to vitaslowang:
Please send me the commands you entered with each console output. It could be that you don't have permission for some commands?
Hiya! I'm wondering if in the config file, i can remove all of the sections that I don't want changed. i.e. I'm looking to just alter end crystals, and no other explosives. Is this the best way to do it? Thanks!
In reply to jellyx:
If you only want to alter them in The End, you can edit nerfed_worlds to only list "The End" or whatever your server calls it.
But in general, deleting them will not change the default behaviors. I recommend starting with the "vanilla" example config and altering it from there.
I'm having a problem where sometimes it works fine and then sometimes it doesnt and a creeper can blow stuff up. I've done ac world on and everything and it tells me that it is active in my world