PlanningI am currently in the process of planning a new version of AeroGen for Bukkit 1.7.10 and higher if they ever update. Here are some problems I need to solve:
- First and most importantly, Bukkit is dead, I am only posting here because people knew this existed. I am looking for a new modding platform.
- Minecraft has added a load of new biomes and previous versions of AeroGen did not change the biome generator. This means I will need to either implement my own versions of all the new biomes, or I need to program my own biome generator.
- Old island generation was very slow and caused some issues near the edges of chunks (trees getting chopped in half, lava spills)
- I want to be Minecraft version independent. I will most likely be coding my own biome generator so I can add features when needed and I won't fall behind when Minecraft updates. The result, of course, being that AeroGen will not fall out of date.
- Previously, all islands were a single biome, I'm considering making multi-biome islands.
- I'd like to add generated structures, like npc villages, dungeons, bridges, floating temples, and a bunch of other cool stuff.
- Generation is slow and CPU intense, so I'd like to make multi-threading available.
- Finally, I liked my old generator, but the islands were all very similar. I want to add more variety.
I know it has been almost 3 years since I update AeroGen, so the fact that I'm back and considering it again is kind of significant. No promises, as I'm a college student with plenty of other draws on my time, but I do want to have floating islands again. (Last updated: December 9th, 2015)