Allow players to see who is nearby within a range specified by the player. WhosNearMe will allow players with the specific permission nodes to use the /wnear <range> command. If a player types this command it will show all nearby players within the specified range. Thanks to Gargamel404 for the suggestion (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/near-plugin.180290/)
This is the WhosNearMe plugin you can add to your server to offers players the function to check who is nearby. The range can be controlled by a permission node which is great for limiting specific groups. It is currently v1.1 and was designed for V1.6.4, 1.7.2, 1.7.9 and 1.8.1.
I will continue to support this and add many more features. If you have any suggestions please let me know in the comments or through a pm.
Installation and configuration
Place the WhosNearMe.jar into your plugins directory and then run the server.
- /whosnearme - Current version of WhosNearMe running.
- /whosnearme reload - Reloads the config for WhosNearMe.
- /wnear <range> - Used check who is within the specified range.
- prefix: - Display a prefix before the WhosNearMe message. To disable type prefix: false
- noOneAroundMessage - This message will be displayed if no players are within the specified range.
- onCooldownMessage* - This message will be displayed if a player tries to use the /wnear command and the specified range is on cooldown.
- cooldowns* - The values here should be range: cooldown(in seconds). If a player has the permission node to use range 500 and there is a cooldown set for 60 seconds (500: 60) then that player will have to wait 60 seconds before using that command again.
description: Reload the config for WhosNearMe.
The permission nodes are based on the range you want the players to be able to check. So if you want a player/group to be able to check 175 blocks around them then their permission node would be:
description: Allows the group/player to use the /wnear 175 command.
The permission nodes are based on the range you want the players to be able to check. So if you want a player/group to be able to check 6928 blocks around them then their permission node would be:
description: Allows the group/player to use the /wnear 6928 command.
The server owner is able to customise these values to whatever they wish.
- v1.0 - 1 Minor bug fix.
New feature (cooldowns) You can now add cooldowns within the config. Just add the specified range and the cooldown in seconds to the config 500: 60 (range 500: seconds 60). If a player has - wnm.nearby.500 permission node and there is a cooldown within the config set for the range of 500 then it will set a cooldown before the command can be used again. If a player has - wnm.nearby.500 but there is no cooldown set in the config for the range of 500 then they will be able to use it whenever they want without any cooldown.
- v0.9 - Major bug fix.
Added more message formatting options.
Customisable message if there are no players within the specified range (Supports colours).
- v0.8 - Code cleanup.
If there are no players within the specified the user will be notified.
Completely customisable ranges with permission nodes (if command is /wnear 550 then the player/group will need permission node wnm.nearby.550).
- v0.5 - Initial Release
- Date created
- Oct 05, 2013
- Last update
- Jan 14, 2015
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files