- Lead Design & Programming: Gavjenks
- Design Consultant: Przerwap
- Documentation: http://www.voxelwiki.com/minecraft/VoxelGadget
VoxelGadget is a block placement, removal, and manipulation plugin, which conforms to the spirit and style of regular MineCraft redstone. For some reason, despite being a game about placing and destroying blocks, vanilla redstone does not include any mechanisms for creating or destroying blocks. VoxelGadget fills this void, using dispensers and various modifying blocks placed next to them to manipulate the world. And unlike plugins that allow complex and powerful programming and can place dozens of blocks at a time from a single location, VoxelGadget restricts its powers to single blocks at a time. This results in several benefits:
- It fits with the spirit of vanilla redstone and can be easily picked up and enjoyed by regular redstone engineers.
- It is simple enough that absolutely no chat commands or special interfaces are required to use it, so it is both intuitive and does not require client mods.
- It is more fun and more satisfying to build machines that manipulate single blocks at a time, similar to the satisfaction of piston work.
- The survival version of this plugin allows for players to place and destroy blocks automatically, without the ability to create any blocks from thin air - every block must be accounted for. This allows servers of all kinds to enjoy additional redstone complexity without compromising their ideals.
VoxelGadget allows you to:
- Place blocks, next to a dispenser or at a distance in any straight line. This can be infinite or can pull blocks from the dispenser's inventory (survival version only allows the finite version)
- Remove blocks in the same lines, and either destroy them or place them into the dispenser's inventory
- Override block placement with externally placed blocks (not available in survival version)
- Use filters to control which types of blocks the dispenser will act on.
- Move blocks from one dispenser to another, or from a dispenser to a chest, to create "vacuum tubes" or store automatically gathered materials.
- Gather blocks that are sitting on top of the dispenser and place them in its inventory, as an option.
- And more!
Full documentation and configuration information are all available at: http:www.voxelwiki.com/minecraft/VoxelGadget
Current stage: Release
Source code: Unavailable
Support: VoxelBox support center
The Voxel Box is a community-driven creative play server that consistently push the limits of what the Minecraft client and server can deliver to builders and to players. Over the past year and a half, it's blossomed into a place where some very talented people have built some of the most impressive Minecraft-related structures, software and concepts.
THE VOXEL BOX
VoxelPlugins: A suite of plugins for Minecraft servers running Bukkit
- 7 comments
- Date created
- Nov 16, 2011
- Last update
- Apr 30, 2012
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files
- R: VoxelUpdate 1.1.2 for CB 1.2.5-R1.2 Apr 30, 2012
- R: VoxelUpdate 1.0.13 (VoxelPlugins manager/downloader) for CB 1.0.1-R1 Dec 27, 2011