NickNames is a simple plugin, that adds support for nicknames into the game. These nicknames persist over server restarts, and can be coloured. Display name, tab-list name, and name in join and quit messages are currently affected by nicknames.
- /nick - Basic nick command.
- /nick <nickname> - Changes your nick to <nickname>.
- /nick <playername> <nickname> - Changes <playername>'s nick to <nickname>.
- /nick off - Removes your nick.
- /nick off <playername> - Removes nickname for <playername>.
- /nicknames - Displays plugin information.
- /nicknames lookup <nickname> - Looks up a username from a nickname.
- nicknames.nick - Can change any nicks.
- nicknames.nick.self - Can change own nick.
- nicknames.nick.other - Can change other's nicks.
- nicknames.lookup - Can lookup people based on their nicknames
As of version 2.3, there are two configuration options. In v2.2, the only option is allow-duplicate-nicknames, which determines whether the plugin will allow multiple players having the same nickname. Note that it is recommended to set this to false as it prevents use of the lookup command. In v2.3 the option join-and-quit-message-colour is added to stop nickname colour from taking over the message. It defaults to the default colour (yellow).
allow-duplicate-nicknames: false # &e is yellow join-and-quit-message-colour: &e
- v2.3 - Join and quit messages, colour support added
- v2.2 - Improve help command, add tab-list name changing.
- v2.1 - Add nick lookup and nick off <playername> capabilities
- v2.0 - Complete rewrite
- v1.1 - Changed to JRE6, fixes.
- v1.0 - Release
- Date created
- Apr 23, 2012
- Last update
- Aug 07, 2014
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files