UUID support. Read changelog for more
MaxBans is a project I've been writing for my server, MaxGamer. I struggled to find a banning plugin that wasn't a joke, and the good plugins were all designed for Premium servers anyway. Nothing gave us the tools that SHOULD have been out there - Like temp mutes, temp IP bans, duplicate IP lookups, and good autocompletion!
It is thoroughly tested on an Offline-Mode server, so you can bet it's rock solid and feather light!
- SQLite (Flatfile)
Here are the top ten features of MaxBans over other banning plugins:
- Full UUID support
- Ability to view players' previous username(s) - date of change
- Full server lockdown - Prevent anyone from joining with a custom message (Such as bot attacks)
- Offline player name auto completion
- Warnings system
- Duplicate IP detection
- DNSBL lookups to stop proxys!
- Multiline kick messages! No more running off the screen!
- Notifications when a banned player tries to join!
- All times are relative! (Eg. "You're banned for 4 minutes 6 seconds", not "You're banned til 5:43pm CST")
- Customize every colour!
- Block commands like /me when muted!
- /unban <name, IP or UUID>
- /ban <name, IP or UUID> <reason>
- /ipban <name, IP or UUID> <reason>
- /tempban <name, IP or UUID> <number> <minutes|hours|days|weeks|etc> <reason>
- /tempipban <name, IP or UUID> <number> <minutes|hours|days|weeks|etc> <reason>
- /mute <name or UUID>
- /tempmute <name or UUID> <number> <minutes|hours|days|weeks|etc>
- /kick <name, * for everyone or UUID>
- /checkip <name or UUID>
- /dupeip <name, IP or UUID>
- /checkban <name, IP or UUID>
- /warn <name or UUID> <reason>
- /clearwarnings <name or UUID> <reason>
- /unwarn <name or UUID> - Removes a players most recent warning
- /unmute <name or UUID>
- /history [name] [number of records] - Displays a history of bans, kicks, mutes & more dealt
- /mbreload - Reloads the plugin
- /mbdebug - Outputs debug information for me if you're having issues!
- /mbwhitelist <name or UUID> - Allows the given user to bypass IP bans (Not regular bans! Eg, use for players with siblings who need to be IP banned)
- /ipreport - Basically, a mass /dupeip, on everyone who is online
- /lockdown [reason]
- /forcespawn - Teleports someone to the spawn (Twice, so /back won't work)
- /mbreload - Reloads maxbans
- /mbimport - Imports vanilla minecraft (And others) bans.
- /mbexport - Export bans to vanilla, MySQL or SQLite databases. (Allows swapping SQLite <-> MySQL), and others ban plugins.
- /rangeban <ip1-ip2> [reason] - Bans the IP range from ip1 to ip2 for the supplied reason.
- /temprangeban <ip1-ip2> <time> <hours/min/sec> [reason] - Temporary variant of above
- /unrangeban <ip> - Removes any RangeBan which overlaps with the given IP. Eg, if 127.0.0.1-127.0.0.5 is banned, unbanning 127.0.0.3 will lift the whole ban on 127.0.0.1-127.0.0.5.
Almost any command may have -s added in it to prevent announcing it, for example:
/tempban NewGuy101 -s 1 hour MaxBans is Awesome!
- Nobody will see the announcement that NewGuy101 was temp banned, just the fact he "has left the game."
If you want an in-depth analysis of each command, try here:
This is an in-depth guide on how to configure MaxBans :) If I've missed anything, ask in the comments!
This is a list of common issues people have with MaxBans, such as plugin conflicts.
Features that will never implement
- Fines (Use your economy to do this!)
- Regional bans
- Ban weightings
Ban Listing Webpage
Check out this guy's work for an amazing webpage setup to view MaxBans while using MySQL. Link: http://yive.me/maxbans/. I haven't personally set it up, but the page looks quite sleek and well done!
This plugin uses Hidendra's plugin metrics system (http://mcstats.org/plugin/maxbans) which tracks server information including:
- A unique ID
- Java version
- Online/Offline mode
- Plugin & Server version
- OS name, version, architecture
- Number of CPU cores
- Players online
- Metrics version
These stats can be disabled using the PluginMetrics config file (BukkitServer/plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml).
MaxBans will download a GeoIP.csv file, which allows it to look up the country of origin for IP addresses. The file is approx. 1.7MB and is downloaded from http://maxgamer.org/plugins/maxbans/geoip.csv automatically on the first run. The file is only downloaded once (Unless it is renamed/removed).
Hello all. I am other dev and now i assuming the Project for bugfixes and possible improvements.
Netherfoam still busy but still online on comunity. I have a lot of time to code (i have a home work) and i can maintain this plugin (and my others) Always updated ;)
See ya o/
- Date created
- Dec 26, 2012
- Last update
- Sep 07, 2016
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files