Billboards gives you the possibility to setup rentable signs. You could for example place a wall of those signs at your protected spawn region and players will be able to rent those signs and edit their text, even though they have no build permission there. That gives them a great possibility to, for example, advertise their goods at a place where many players come along frequently.
Step by step walk-through:
- An admin places some signs, for example near the spawn.
- He then targets each of those signs (looking at them) and makes them rentable via /billboards [<price> <duration>].
- A player comes along and wants to rent one of those signs to, for example, advertise his goods and special deals.
- He clicks an available sign, and clicks it again to confirm to rent it for a configurable duration and for a configurable amount of money.
- He can then edit his sign by temporarly placing another sign on front of it (sneak+right click on the sign with a sign in hand). This should bypass all protections of other plugins, so that he is not blocked from editing his sign.
- He writes his text and when he is done the temporarly placed sign gets removed and the billboard sign behind it adapts the text.
- The sign will automatically be reset and made available for others to rent after the setup time (in the config or via the command).
- When a rentable sign is right-clicked with anything else but a sign, it shows information about the remaining time and the owner.
- An admin can remove those signs again by crouching and breaking it.
/billboard [<price> <duration>] [creator] - let's you define/create billboard signs (rentable signs), optionally with custom price and duration in days, and a creator playername (for admins to create player signs for themself or other players)
billboards.admin - Can add new billboard signs, and can remove them again. default: op
billboards.rent - Can rent billboard signs and edit those. default: true
billboards.create - Can create player billboard signs. default: false This is experimental. Read about the current flaws below!
The player signs are experimental.
The plugin has no sign protection built-in yet (signs can be broken, if they are not in some sort of protected region (this can also be abused by players selling signs in their land and breaking them afterwards)) and players (with the billboards.create permission) can currently transform ANY sign EVERYWHERE to a player-billboard-sign.
These disadvantages make the player signs currently impractical.
Things that have to be added in the future in order for the player signs to properly work:
- sign protection
- player sign creation only at places where the players has build permission
DefaultPrice: 10 -> The default price a player has to pay for renting a sign.
DefaultDurationInDays: 7 -> All signs are by default rented for a week.
All messages are configurable and translateable.
This plugin requires Vault for the economy interaction.
Quick showcase of the first version:
I plan to keep this plugin very simple and lightweight, without any fancy extra features.
Source code is available and you have my permission to modify it in order to make a pull request or modify it for your own personal use for your server.
If you have feature requests or ideas, feel free to make a pull request (or find someone who can create a pull request for you), because I probably won't be very interested in new features, as long as I do not need them myself on my server where I run this plugin..
Also I would prefer any special or fancy features (for example if they rely on other plugins) implemented via an addon plugin instead of putting it right into this one. Feel free to make pull requests for api methods.
- Date created
- Aug 08, 2013
- Last update
- Jul 26, 2015
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files
- Required dependency