Have you ever wanted to use a command on multiple players at a time? Well now you can with Wildcard Commands. By itself, this plugin is almost useless. But combined with other plugins, it becomes an extremely useful tool.
How does it work?
Step 1: Installation is simple, all you do is drop it into your plugin folder, start your server, and you are done.
Step 2: Type a command from another plugin, or a default Minecraft command. For example /give Devinish 1 64 (This command would give me a stack of smooth stone)
Step 3: Replace the name "Devinish" with "[online]" and the command will then give 64 stone to all of your online players!
What else do I need to know?
You can use the following in place of player names:
|[all]||No||This will affect all players, online and offline.|
|[on] / [online]||No||This will affect only players online when the command is run.|
|[off] / [offline]||No||This will affect only players offline when the command is run.|
|[p:]||No||This will affect any players listed. (e.g. [p:Player1, Player2, Player3])|
|[g:]||Yes||This will affect any permission groups listed. (e.g. [g:Admin, Moderator, Default])|
|[town:]||No||This will affect members of the town (Towny) specified.|
|[nation:]||No||This will affect members of the nation (Towny) specified.|
So what are some creative ways to use this?
- Reward all of your online players with some bacon, because you are a really nice admin (EXAMPLE: /give [online] 319 1).
- Add multiple people to a protection at once.
- Use SignShop and set signs up to run commands affecting online players.
- Punish players for not playing the game by deducting money from their accounts because you are an evil admin! (EXAMPLE: /money grant [offline] -100,000,000,000,000,000).
- Users bugging you? /lightning [online]
There are tons of fun and creative ways to use this plugin!
- wc.use - Allows players to use WildcardCommands.
If you encounter a bug with WC, you can open up a ticket here.
- Date created
- May 21, 2012
- Last update
- Jan 12, 2013
- Development stage
- MIT License
- Curse link
- Recent files
- Optional dependency