Always wanted to throw disks around in your server as a weapon?
Well: it looks like you've found the plugin to do it! This plugin allowes you to craft renamed, throwable disks that strikes lightning, explodes or throws your target into the air!
With this plugin you are able to throw disks as a weapon. Just right click with a golden, green or white music disk in your hand and that disk will be thrown in the direction you're looking at. When it hits a block or an entity, these disks has special abilities:
- a golden music disks, in the plugin renamed as an: "Explosive Throwingdisk", will explode.
- a golden white disks, in the plugin renamed as a: "Lightning Throwingdisk", will strike lightning.
- a golden green disks, in the plugin renamed as an: "Air Throwingdisk", will push your target in the direction you're looking at.
Sinve version 1.2 the powers of the disks are configurable!
- you are able to craft all these disks, plus a black music disk that is a basic ingredient for throwing disks
- a fully automatic renaming system of the disks: when you hold them in your hand, pick them up or spawn them by command the disk will be named somehting like: "Lightning Disk" and not: "music disk 8"
- a ranking system to prevent players from using specific commands or throwing disks! For more explanation: see "Ranks" on this page.
You can download this plugin on this bukkitdev page.
There is one command everyone can use, the help function:
- /TDhelp: shows the help of this plugin.
There are two commands that only diskspawners, diskmanagers or op's can use:
- /give/throwdisk <type>: Gives the player a throwing disk of the specified type (explosive, lightning or air).
- /give/blackdisk: Gives the player a black music disk: the main ingredient for the crafting of throwingdisks.
There are also two commands that only diskmanagers or op's can use:
- /TDadd <type> <playername>: this adds a diskrank to a player. Types are: player, spawner, manager
- /TDremove <type> <playername>: this adds a diskrank to a player. Types are: player, spawner, manager
These recipes are configurable since version 1.2.
there are a few custom crafting recipes to craft disks and throwdisks:
- a black music disk:
- a gold throwdisk:
- a green throwdisk:
- a white throwdisk:
Permissions and config
you can find the default config here. Since version 2.0 there is another file: a Players.yml. this file stores the disk ranks of every player.
1. The autoassign boolean an be true or false. What it does: if autoassign iss true and a player logs in for the first time, that player will automatically be a diskthrower. When autoassign is false, the new player will not be able to throw disks.
2. The crafting recipes are configurable:
- You can craft the black disk with a number 2 in the middle and eight number 1's around it.
- You can craft any type of throwing disk by putting a number 2 in the middle and put four number 1's around it.
3. The configuration of the abilities of the throwingdisk:
- The explosionpower is the power that the explosion of a gold or white throwingdisk will be
- The maximumrange is the maximumrange that there will be an explosion or lightning.
- The velocity is the power a mob is thrown away when an air disk hits it
- The lightningamount is the amount of lightning that will strike on the point a lightning disk hits the ground.
4. The help message is the message that you get when you use the command: /TDhelp.
Since version 2.0, this plugin uses ranks to have total control of who is able to throw and who isn't. These are the ranks:
- None. Players with this rank are not able to throw disks, spawn disks or change ranks.
- DiskPlayer. Players with this rank are able to throw disks
- DiskSpawner. Players with this rank are able to throw and spawn disks with a command.
- DiskManager. Players with this rank or op's are able to throw disks, spawn disks on command and cnahge ranks of players.
Current version: v.2.1 1.4.6 compatible! Version 2.1 is compatible with 1.4.6. Versions beneath 2.1 will break wit a 1.4.6 server.
Version 2.0 is out now: the biggest update until now. I have plans to add area's where it isn't possible to throw disks, but that will probably take a while. Until than, I think there will be nog big upgrades: only small ones. Have fun!
I am fully open to ideas from others. If you have any ideas, you can post them on the bukkitdev page or the throwdisk page on the forum (or you can pm me, ofcourse). Also: let me know what you think about it, or if you have any tips or bugs!
Table of contents
- 1 Always wanted to throw disks around in your server as a weapon?
- 2 Features
- 3 Download
- 4 Commands
- 5 Crafting recipes
- 6 Permissions and config
- 7 Ranks
- 8 Version
- 9 Future
- Date created
- Nov 27, 2012
- Last update
- Apr 27, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files