In the past there have been probably several auto-announcer plugins such as scheduled announcer, autoannounce, etc. But now, there's StormAnnounce. StormAnnounce introduces an easy to configure interface that is capable of, automatically broadcasting set messages on a set interval of time in seconds, dispatching commands on a set interval of time and even allowing the ability to configure a login message for users when they join your server. Now, we even have custom death messages!
I made this plugin originally for my server StormCraft(play.stormcraftsmp.com) because all the other plugins out there left much to be desired, never got any new features added, barely got updated and countless other things. So now, I want to give other server owners this plugin, I have been working with it for quite some time through around 600 builds of it to make it into what it is today. It so far as of January 27th has no bugs remaining. I urge you to even if you prefer ScheduledAnnouncer2 which you might see as more reliable because it's been around longer, to try this plugin and give it a chance, who knows, you might be surprised at how large the difference is.
- Automatically Broadcast Message(s) on a set interval
- You can change that interval to suit your needs
- Automatically execute commands on the same set interval
- A customizable Message of the day/login message to send to your users
- Fully optional(Messages/MOTD can both be disabled)
- Fully configurable IN GAME
- Automatically can check for updates
- Customizable login and quit messages
- Allows the use of several formatting codes in announcements
- Customizable Death Messages
- In game debug command
- A colourful command interface
- A help request system
- A lag reduction command
- A YAML database that keeps track of how many blocks a player has placed, destroyed, how many chat messages are sent and commands executed
- A stats commands[/sa profile <name>] to see the current statistics of a player
- A simple-motd configuration section and command
- A ping-logging system to help server-owners locate the source of DoS attacks
- Add coloured nameplate options
- Add chat channels
- Add Multi-World support
- Add full MSQL and SQLITE chat logging
If the plugin outputs ANY errors in your server's console please type /sa debug in game and then give me the link it prints, as well as a full start up log for your server.
If I log into a server where any of my plugins are installed(which never really happens unless you call me for support), a custom message is broadcasted saying that a developer of the StormAnnounce plugin(me) has joined the game. When I do this it also returns to me the version of the plugin you have installed. Note this does not effect any of the servers hardware or software. It is simply a tool for notifying any online people of a higher-rank that I am present.
How can I help the development of this project?
Although I love Minecraft and I love coding I do have school, exams, work, homework, time with family, time with gf and all those other things that simply exist in life that cost time. So to help me keep working on this project please donate, it really does help because it: buys coffee(to stay up at night and work on this), convinces me that people actually like this plugin and it also allows me to get upgraded software for editing, more test servers, etc. if you do decide to donate you will be on the list of donators here and on the list in game(accessed by typing /sa donate). So please, i you have even a dollar or pound to spare, every bit helps keep this plugin updated and running properly.
- Added a YAML database
- Updated the plugin to be 1.4.7 MC compatible
- Updated to 1.4.6 and added many interface improvements
- Added LOADS of new features to the V 1.2 & 1.3 builds
- Fixed MOTD bug and a few minor bugs in the newest RB!
- LOOKING FOR SOME PEOPLE TO SHOWCASE THE PLUGIN IN A VIDEO(WILL BE SHOWN ON THIS POST IF IT IS OF DECENT QUALITY :)
- V1.5 - Added the '/sa smotd <motd>' command to set the global MOTD, added ping logging, added
- V1.4.2 - Added the '/sa profile <name>' command to view a players stats
- V1.4 - Added the '/sa reducelag' command, improved '/sa debug' , added an admin support channel!
- V1.3 - Recoded the command interface, made it more colourful, added some new features. Removed 302 bugs caused by the initial 1.4.5 NMS and CB changes.
- V1.2 - Added compatibility with more format codes; update some colour code IDs
- V1.1_02 - Fixed the last known bug on this plugin
- V1.1_01 - Fixed a ton of bugs listed on the download page for this build
- V1.1 - Released an auto-update-check feature; Fixed several small bugs
- V1.0 - Initial Release 0 bugs counted
- Date created
- Oct 20, 2012
- Last update
- Feb 15, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files
- R: StormAnnounce RB 1.5 for CB 1.4.7-R1.0 Feb 15, 2013
- R: StormAnnounce RB 1.4.2(All bugs eliminated) for CB 1.4.7-R0.1 Jan 26, 2013
- R: StormAnnounce RB 1.4.1 for CB 1.4.7-R0.1 Jan 18, 2013
- R: StormAnnounce 1.4 for CB 1.4.6-R0.3 Jan 17, 2013
- R: StormAnnounce RB 1.3.1(Debugged and ready to go!) for CB 1.4.6-R0.3 Jan 02, 2013