PersonalMOTD - A plugin that will let you show player name's in the MOTD and/or randomize public motds of your server!
This plugin will show a players name to themselves in the MOTD of your server (that's the message shown in the server list!)
It uses mySQL or yml (your choice) to save a players IP. Once the player has logged in at least once to save the IP, it will begin showing them a custom MOTD you define in the conifg, where %name% is replaced with the player's name! You can also set special MOTDs for just one player so that only they see it.
- Easy config
- YML or mySQL support
- Custom MOTDs where %name% is replaced with a players name
- Can set a special MOTD on a player-by-player basis
- This plugin was tested on my server play.modnations.net and CookieSlap.net for over a month with an average of 50 players online, thought sometimes as many as 125 players. No issues were caused via this plugin.
- Colored MOTDs via using "&" - see colors here.
- mySQL settings ask the basics
- Set Main.SQL.Enabled to true if you want to use MySQL. (Database.)
- If mySQL connection fails, it will use YML
- Motds.MOTD? - Use %name% where you want the player's name to be
- Motds.Count - Change this to as many motds you want it randomize through.
- Custom MOTDs: - If a player is entered here, only they will see this motd.
- Want colors? Use the color tags in the message.
Use these codes to add colors into the MOTD. Simply use the & symbol followed by the number or letter.
Example: '&9Welcome to the server, &c%name%&9!' would show: Welcome to the server, %name%!
This is the white color :P (&f)
- '/personalmotd Reload' - Reload the plugin's config file
- personalmotd.reload - access to '/personalmots reload'
- Suggest things!
- See Tickets~
- Fix issue where only one name can be shown per IP (maybe I can track hostnames?)
- Create a method to transfer data from yml to mySQL and vice-versa.
- A command or API to set the custom MOTD for a player. This might enable "You are banned from this server!" messages or something.
- Pruning of the IP lists after X days or after X days that a player hasn't logged in
Like the plugin? Help me keep my programming hobby alive! Please consider donating!
Below, to itsatacoshop247, if you would like to donate to addemod too, use the second button.
Don't comment if you have an issue or suggestion, make a ticket instead! Otherwise I probably will not see it, or ignore it.
Table of contents
- 1 PersonalMOTD - A plugin that will let you show player name's in the MOTD and/or randomize public motds of your server!
- Date created
- Nov 06, 2012
- Last update
- Apr 09, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU Lesser General Public License version 3 (LGPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files