PermissionsBukkit - the Official Default Groups Plugin
Current Version: v2.0
Find PermissionsBukkit on the forums!
It's been a long time coming, but with the accomplishment of build 1000 Bukkit has finally accomplished a built-in Permissions system (codenamed Superperms). For more info on how they work, and how to integrate them with your plugin, see the official Permissions FAQ. Keep in mind that you should rarely, if ever, have to hook this plugin directly; instead keep things in the realm of checking player.hasPermission("yourplugin.node"). The FAQ thread has more info on how to use Superperms with things like chat prefixes/suffixes.
- Storage of users and groups in plugins/PermissionsBukkit/config.yml.
- Both users and groups can be assigned individual permissions and parent groups to inherit permissions from.
- Support for global and per-world permissions.
- Reload configuration from file without reloading the plugin.
- Ability to check if a player has a specific permission node.
- Ability to dump all permissions a player has and the plugins that set them.
- Ability to print plugin, description, and default for a given permission node.
- Ability to modify the permissions of groups and users and the groups of a user in-game.
- Built-in antibuild via the "permissions.build" node (defaults to allowing anyone to build).
Friday 7 September 2012 (2.0)
- Fixed a case-sensitivity issue with setting per-world permissions that could cause some permissions to fail to apply.
- Added /perm setrank <player> <group> subcommand (alias rank) with per-group permissions (permissions.setrank and permissions.setrank.<group>)
- Added plugin metrics via http://mcstats.org/plugin/PermissionsBukkit (disableable in plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml)
Wednesday 29 February 2012 (1.6)
- Fixed some massive issues that were caused due to having uploaded a buggy, in-development version instead of 1.5.
- Note: If your configuration was messed up as a result of this issue, the new build should gradually correct it as needed.
Saturday 25 February 2012 (1.5)
- Revamped to be compatible with R5.
- Fixed issues with permissions not carrying properly on world change.
- Many internal improvements for performance and stability.
- SuperpermsBridge: in honor of R5 removing deprecated code, SuperpermsBridge is officially gone!
Monday 18 July 2011 (1.1/1.2)
- Fix BukkitContrib incompatibility issues.
- Improved the output of the /perm check command.
- Fixed issues when 'users:' is not specified in the config file.
- Fixed the /permissions reload command.
- SuperpermsBridge: improve wildcard handling; in addition to 'superpermbridge.*' and 'superpermbridge.pluginname', now supported are 'superpermbridge.plugin.*', 'superpermbridge.plugin.subnode.*', and so on.
Monday 18 July 2011 (1.0/1.1)
- SuperpermsBridge: adding the special 'superpermbridge.*' and 'superpermbridge.pluginname' nodes (see #2 in the FAQ for details).
Sunday 17 July 2011 (1.0/1.0)
- Initial release of PermissionsBukkit v1.0 and SuperpermsBridge v1.0.
- Date created
- Aug 25, 2011
- Last update
- Sep 08, 2012
- Development stage
- MIT License
- Curse link
- Recent files