Make anything drop anything, anyhow!
Do you want to change what drops when mining or killing mobs? Do you want a simple config with the ability to add more complex drops later?
OtherDrops allows you to add anything from a simple "glass drops glass" to a complex overhaul of your servers drops with drops differing depending on tools, biome, time, weather and much more.
OtherDrops is lightweight (it only acts on what you configure) and respects most protection plugins (eg. WorldGuard, Regios) settings. Many samples are provided that you can enable and customize as you wish, or create your own custom drops, as simple or complex as you like.
- Supports Bukkit 1.5 (new blocks, mob names, and more)
- Economy support via Vault (supports all major economy plugins).
- Customise drops from block breaks, mobs deaths, fishing and more.
- Intiutive config options with many aliases to work with the way you think (eg. drop a GOLD_HELM, GOLDEN_HELMET or "314")
- Multiple drop possibilities with chance values down to 0.000000001%.
- Data values for drops and drop conditions (eg. WOOL@RED, LOG@BIRCH, CROPS@RIPE).
- Multi-world support and other advanced conditions: tools, regions, biomes, heights, permissions, light-level and more.
- Configure actions upon successful drops:
- damage tools, injure player, or reduce the quantity of used items
- display custom messages (or a list of messages with one selected at random)
- create explosions, lightning, and other effects
- Support for many third party plugins (compatibility info)
- Drop real money items via MoneyDrop.
- Give leaves various chances of dropping apples, sticks, cocoa beans, saplings, etc on break and/or leaf decay.
- Make glass, stairs, and boats reclaimable (can be tool-specific if you wish).
- Allow gold and iron to be mined directly into ingots with a golden pickaxe.
- Allow users to right-click on cobblestone with vines in hand to turn the cobblestone mossy.
- Nerf mob traps by disabling drops from environmental damage.
- Unleash the zombie apocalypse by setting zombies to drop zombies when they die! (This can be world-specific.)
- Make mobs that don't normally spawn naturally spawn.
- Make mob spawning, drops, and events biome specific!
- Getting started: how to install and setup your first custom drop
- Writing a drop file: how to write your own drop file or customize existing modules
- Aliases: how to define aliases which can be reused throughout a drop file
- Drop Groups: how to group parameters for more complicated drop scenarios
- SpoutMaterials: how to configure drops for SpoutMaterials (now known as MoreMaterials)
- Basic Examples: Some basic examples of how to use Otherdrops.
- Plugin Examples: Some examples of how to use OtherDrops in conjunction with other commonly used plugins.
- Parameters: how you specify what an object should drop (also when and how it should drop)
- Objects: the things that can drop other things
- Drops: the things that drop
- Tools: things that can be used as tools, if you want tool-specific drops
- Enchantments: can be used on items (both as a condition and a drop)
- Entity List: list of all entities which can be used as objects, drops, or tools
- Creatures: another type of entity, documented separately
- Data Values: specify an entity's color, material, or other property (available data values depend on the entity type)
- Permissions & Commands: permission nodes and commands
- API: how other plugins can tie in with OtherDrops (not yet implemented)
Offical Bukkit names
- Materials (New 1.5 materials here)
- CreatureTypes (mobs)
- Potion Effects (for "potioneffect" parameter)
- Spawn Reason (for "spawnedby" parameter)
- TreeSpecies & TreeType (not sure if TreeType is useful yet)
- Biomes (for "biome" parameter)
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
Would you like to help improve OtherDrops? Here are some ways to get involved:
- Media/art: OtherDrops could really do with some tutorial and example videos.
- Testers: Need testers who are available from around 8pm to 1am Brisbane time (+10GMT) and happy to grab a copy of the latest build to check out before a public release is made. PM Zarius your Skype (or other IM) details if you're interested or jump on the IRC channel.
- Programming: any assistance is welcomed - see the todo list here for some ideas. Anyone with refactoring and/or automated testing experience that wants to assist would be great.
Many thanks to these people who helped with OtherDrops:
- Cyklo: creator of the original OtherBlocks. OtherDrops is a continuation of Cyklo's original OtherBlocks (2011) plugin.
- Celtic Minstrel: many code commits and a major overhaul of the code moving into version 2.0. Moved on to create DropFactory.
- Rofang: major update of OtherDrops documentation.
- RugRats13: lots of testing and some documentation.
- Faldonboy & Steelsouls: currently maintaining and improving the documentation.
- OtherDrops uses Metrics for anonymous usage stats (learn more).
- Date created
- Aug 27, 2011
- Last update
- May 08, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files