Monster Apocalypse Version 14.0d
Welcome to the ultimate monster hell. I have brought together everything anyone everyone could ever want to do with monsters into one completely hellbent plugin. Use at your own risk.
Warning - Zombie digging is destructive, if you turn it on and configure it, please backup your worlds.
Plugin has been thoroughly tested as working properly, if you have trouble please report it so I can make it work for a wider range of setups!
PLEASE USE CRAFTBUKKIT 1.5.2 (any revision) for version 14.0. No other builds will work with this version.
Monster Apocalypse was created by one man, working full time continually for several months during early development. Please donate if you would like to see more features or new plugin releases, or just feel like my time is worth your gratitude.
- Complete control of all monster power- health, damage, item drops, burning in sunlight, explosion radius, immunity to specific damage types, even spawn rates!
- Consume the world in darkness - Always night mode, and bonus spawns!
- Action RPG Mode - Make combat more exciting!
- Incredible new abilities - Mobs can explode on death, spawn allies, kill torches, attack from miles away at high velocity, bombard bases with exploding arrows, and even claw and scratch their way into your home!
- Zombies can dig through anything based on YOUR settings, and no server lag! Fear the Apocalypse as they pound away at your walls!
- Monsters can be set to nerdpole and airbridge, like players on the hunt!
- Skeletons can be set to turn into quake pro snipers, shooting accurately from FAR in the distance!
- Nightmare Mode for the ultimate increasing challenge!
- FULL World-Guard region support, works even when worldguard regions isn't!
- Total natural spawn rewrite, available to change your world drastically and retain that vanilla feel.
- Multi-world support - Will only run on worlds YOU select!
- Mega-aggro system - Mobs can smell you from miles away and attack!
- Spawn Points - Set up virtual spawners with custom timers!
- True damage - Allow mobs to pierce that pesky diamond armor!
- Wolf and PigZombie aggressiveness control.
- Control which blocks mobs spawn on.
- Permissions nodes to make certain players immune to monster aggro and damage.
Warning, videos below contain mild mature language.
A new playthrough video, featuring yours truly!
Download Version 14.0d!
Version 14.0d is out!
It will appear here once it's approved:
If you need it earlier than this (it can take up to 5 days), send me a private message.
Thanks for the support! If you like what I've done with this version, feel free to donate. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LAUYQ89CXXAXS
Version 14.0d notes:
- Monsters can now only place blocks if they are standing on a block or swimming.
Version 14.0c notes:
- Added an option to disable Skeletons, WitherSkeletons, and PigZombies, according to each mob, from spawning with default equipment (allowing other plugins to set it instead)
- Fixed Spider mega-aggro, including a bug where silverfish would spawn at players' feet.
Version 14.0b notes:
- Fixed an old bug where PigZombies spawned without swords.
- Fixed a bug where turning off nerdpole/airbridge deaths would result in the feature not creating blocks.
- Fixed a bug where monsters could nerdpole through walls diagonally from above players. This could potentially still exist on 1-stair thick rooftops.
Version 14.0a notes:
- Fixed an old bug where zombies could not pillar in lava or water.
- Fixed a bug where zombies could catch themselves falling off an air bridge using a block, far below the bridge.
Version 14.0 notes:
- Converted Zombie Corpse Piling into Monster Nerdpoling and Air Bridging! Please update your configs to the new lines.
- Monsters will now build smarter with pillars and behave like players with blocks in their inventory to kill you.
- Once the delay period has passed, monsters will nerdpole up at full speed.
- Monsters can detect 2 block high walls and climb over.
- Air bridging will allow monsters to build horizontally through the air to reach players, moving the monster along its bridge and extending it.
- Air bridges can be built as a downward staircase, especially if monsters hit a deadly cliff dropoff.
- Zombies, Skeletons, Creepers, Wither Skeletons, and PigZombies may individually be enabled in the Advanced Properties
- The Material used for building is the same for all mobs
- You may still use this functionality as corpse piling with bridging disabled and "Kill the monster when it nerdpoles or airbridges?" enabled.
- This functionality is still compatible with CreeperHeal, and thus monster nerdpoles and bridges can be creeperhealed.
- Added a protection method for players from exploding skeleton super arrows. When enabled, this will prevent arrows from exploding within a certain radius from players.
- "Advanced Monster Properties.Skeleton.Super Arrow Player Protection Radius"
(Is partially updated for 14.0d)
You will need to reference craftbukkit enums for drops and block attacking to work, failure to use valid enums could potentially break your plugin. You can find them here:
You may want to play with Spawn Points, you can find the info here:
If you wish to develop your own plugin with my health API, check this page:
For Nightmare Mode, check here:
Need multiple configs?
How to set up multiple installations, for different custom difficulties on multiple worlds:
- Copy the MA jar and rename it.
- Rename the plugin inside plugin.yml of the second copy (within the jar), and remove the commands section.
- Disable registering the /MA command in the second copy's config.
- Double check that you have no world names overlapping between the two configs, and that your bonus and naturalistic spawns are restricted to the right worlds.
You now have two separate installations.
14.0d Zombie Config
UPDATED FOR 14.0d
Please note this is just a basic config to get you started! Be creative and build your own hell.
Fear the Darkness: Adds an element of terror to dark areas of minecraft!
Simple Starvation: For when you really want to emphasize long term survival!
- Date created
- Jan 01, 2012
- Last update
- May 24, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Monster Apocalypse
- Recent files