View your console from your client!
Minimal client-side installation required.
Licensed under: GNU-GPL 3
Supports: Everything that prints messages to the console.
This plugin is the server-side half of LogWatch (Client)
- Sends messages that go to the console to clients for viewing.
- Configurable whitelist for players who may view the console from their client.
- Clients can execute commands as if it was from the console.
- Place jar in plugins folder.
- Reload plugins with a plugin manager or restart server.
A default configuration file is created when plugin first loads, located at plugins/LogWatch/config.yml. Simply add users to the whitelist (where it says 'players') to let them use the client mod.
- This is a list of players who may use LogWatch
- suppress-security-warning: false
- If you use the '*' node for players, and do not have them listed with the whitelist, then change this value to true to stop printing warning messages.
If you prefer to use a permission plugin to designate players that may view the console, then grant them the logwatch.watch permission node. This node is NOT granted to OPs by default for security reasons. Using an asterisk (*) permission node will not work and instead generate warnings (these warnings may be suppressed in the config.yml). To give permission for sending commands, it's logwatch.send
- Log in with a client that is using the LogWatch (Client) mod.
- Pex and the asterisk (*) node will not work (for security reasons). Instead, use the built-in whitelist
- Clients will not receive a back-log from the console. They only receive what appears while they are logged in.
Please make a ticket with your server log.
- Added: Remote commands
- Added: Remote command permission, logwatch.send
- Added: Common library for transfering packets
- Changed: Refactored packages to combine the class space for client and servers
- Maintained: Backward / Forward compatibility; old clients still work with new plugin, new clients still work with old plugin.
- Added: Permission node to connect with, "logwatch.watch"
- Added: case insensitive whitelist, for use without permission
- Added: Plugin channel "LogWatch" for transmitting messages from the log
Todo & Planned Features:
Remote command usageAdded as of v1.1.0
- Date created
- Jun 07, 2012
- Last update
- Jun 20, 2012
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- LogWatch (Server)
- Recent files