DayJobs

Attention!

Quote from LartTyler:

Hello everyone.

First off, I want to apologize for simply going MIA and dropping off the face of the earth. Alot of RL stuff came between me and my work on DayJobs, and by the time I had enough time to begin work on it again I had forgotten most everything I had already done for the rewrite of DayJobs.

DayJobs is dead, and I can't see myself reviving it. Too much time has passed, and I don't think I can pick up where I left off.

That said! DayJobs may be deprecated and old, but it provided me with an amazing basis to work off of. It has been replaced with a project I'm calling SolusRpg. It's everything that DayJobs was and wanted to be, and then some. Unlike DayJobs, I won't have to wait on user input for bug reporting. A server I admin for has been kind enough to put Solus into use on their production server, and all my testing will be done in a true live environment before being released (for those so inclined, you can find the server's thread on MinecrafForums here). I will have SolusRpg up on BukkitDev as soon as I have finished writing documentation for it, so stay tuned!

- Tyler

Overview

After hosting an RP server for several months, I became tired of having to settle disputes between players, and having to monitor who's doing what. Most of my time went into ensuring player's kept true to RPing, rather then shaping the server as I had wanted to.

Which is why I designed DayJobs. DayJobs is a plugin that takes some of the load off the shoulders of admins and moderators by restricting how players interact with the world. At the moment, that simply means the tools the players can use, and the blocks they can place. In the future, we at Daybreak Studios plan to add many features that will turn this simple plugin into a full suite to manage role playing in the Minecraft world.

Developers

For developers who are interested in using DayJobs in any of their plugins, you can find the JavaDoc here.

Donators

Anyone who donates will have their name and donation amount listed on the Donations page. If, for whatever reason, you do not want to have your name and donation amount listed there please PM me and let me know.

Attention

DayJobs is currently at version 2.2, not 2.1, as the highest version of the plugin on the Files page would make it seem. For some reason, I can't upload 2.2 to DevBukkit. You can get version 2.2 from GitHub.

Comments

Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes

About This Project

Categories

Members

Recent Files

Bukkit