Catacombs - Random Dungeon Generator:
Version: v3.2 Builds configurable dungeons under your feet for players to explore and loot. I wrote my own level builder but I guess it's a homage to those text based classics like Nethack and of course Angband.
New German and Portuguese video tutorials (see below).
I'm getting a lot of messages from people who aren't matching the game version of Catacombs with the game version of bukkit they have loaded. Please make sure the Catacombs version you download matches the bukkit version you are using.
Unfortunately it looks like catacombs is going to break on every bukkit update from now on. :( The reason for this is that I had to add a low level call to craftbukkit internals to work around a lighting bug (the dungeon doesn't go dark when its reset when it's in a remote chunk). The release version number is in the function call and this needs to change every release. I reported the bug many moons ago but doesn't have a solution yet (see here and here)
With this in mind I'll do my best to make the updates more quickly when a new bukkit recommend release is available, just send me a polite PM when you see the new recommened release.
Catacombs now uses Vault to support permissions and economy plugins
I've setup a forum for messages
I've updated the Configuration page
Check out images for pictures of the hut types.
Having problems? Check out the FAQ
I made a short tutorial on how to plan and build a dungeon.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfmA8Mzl2L4 (part 1)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn1_Ayqd6F0 (part 2)
Here is a detailed demo and tutorial kindly done by Samkio and Torrent (WoopaGaming)
Here is a detailed demo and tutorial kindly done by BukkitDE (in German)
Here is a short demo kindly done by AbsintoJ (I think in Portuguese)
- Generates random multi-level dungeons.
- Only builds in solid regions it considers natural.
- Admins can build dungeons, Players can explore them.
- All commands are integrated with Permissions
- Integrated with most common economy systems (using Nijikokun's Register) (optional)
- Secret doors
- Information persists using sqlite database (no setup required)
- Only the toughest adventurers will survive without armour, weapons, food and torches.
- Special chests at strategic points to add to the general loot.
- Configurable Dungeon layout and content
- Dungeons can be size/configured so they work better with parties of players
- Admins can easily unprotect, reset,suspend,enable or fill dungeons in.
- Multiple world compatible
- Here are some Spoilers giving you a taste of what you might find.
- And here are a couple of pictures
- Credit to the Vault team for supplying a simple way to hook into assorted permissions and economy plugins.
- Credits to Samkio and Torrent (WoopaGaming) for recording a demo and tutorial.
- Fixed force light level code for Bukkit 1.4.6-R0.1, to avoid a crash during dungeon resets.
- Fixed force light level code for Bukkit 1.4.5-R1.0, to avoid a crash during dungeon resets.
- Make style a property of the dungeon to help with resets.
- Improve performance when planning large deep dungeons.
- Change code so MobsSpawnOnlyUnderground set doesn't prevent mobs spawning in The End.
- Dungeon ownership
- Maybe add boss mobs
- Player cool down to limit how often they can complete the dungeon.
- Allow new dungeon layouts to be built on old dungeon sites
Save dungeon mapsso the dungeon can be reset more fully.
Table of contents
- 1 Catacombs - Random Dungeon Generator:
- 2 New German and Portuguese video tutorials (see below).
- 3 IMPORTANT NOTICE
- 4 Catacombs now uses Vault to support permissions and economy plugins
- 5 I've setup a forum for messages
- 6 I've updated the Configuration page
- 7 Check out images for pictures of the hut types.
- 8 Having problems? Check out the FAQ
- Date created
- Oct 11, 2011
- Last update
- May 11, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files