Ever want to plan your building or structure before actually gathering the materials for it? BuildingPlanner lets you designate a planning zone where you have infinite resources while inside that zone, then you can commit the plan, add the materials to the supply chest and watch your plan take shape.
Not only does it let you place infinite blocks, but when you make mistakes, a single punch will clear a block instantly inside the planning zone.
New in 0.6.0
- In plan list and reports, include world name.
- Make water & lava not flow in planning areas.
- Added blacklisting/whitelisting of blocks for planning area (whitelisting overrides blacklisting)
- Disable placing sand and gravel in planning areas (no way of properly handling them in plans currently)
- FIX: Chest dup issue when creating and destroying plans.
- FIX: Issue with default height not calculating quite correctly.
- FIX: When things pop off from their attached locations, plan updates accordingly.
- FIX: Attachables in the plan makes sure their attached things are built before attempting placement.
- Improved the way committing/uncommitting works. Now much slower and server friendly.
- Added buildingplanner.*, buildingplanner.architect and buildingplanner.planner permission groups
- FIX: Attachables didn't get removed properly when committing/uncommitting
- FIX: Always one fence in supply chest, regardless whether any were actually lifted.
- FIX: Destroying a sign destroyed the area but left the sign due to lock.
- Disable use of planned chests, beds, crafting tables and furnaces.
- Preliminary (read: buggy) support for switching to creative mode - switch the useCreativeMode config option.
- FIX: concurrency problem with destroying areas
- Made the floor switching slower, hopefully to help server load when committing/uncommitting.
- FIX: Problem when specified height is exactly the world height.
- FIX: Write new save to temp file first, if server dies, it won't entirely corrupt the area
Issues & Suggestions
Please log issues and suggestions at The BuildingPlanner GitHub project
Include as much detail as you can
- For bugs - include server logs, plugin lists and explain exactly how to reproduce the issue.
- For suggestions - include as much nitty gritty detail as you can think of. The more your idea is fleshed out, the better I can implement it.
Current released files: Download files here
Dev builds: Latest Dev Builds Here
How to use
Mentioum wrote a great article on how to use the BuildingPlanner here :
Also, be sure to check out the pictures if you want to just have a quick idea of what it looks like:
- buildingplanner.create: Allows player to define a building area
- buildingplanner.destroy: Allows player to cancel a building area (by breaking the sign)
- buildingplanner.use: Allows player to build or destroy blocks in planning areas
- buildingplanner.commit: Allows player to commit planning areas
- buildingplanner.uncommit: Allows player to uncommit planning areas
- buildingplanner.list: Allow a player to list all areas
- buildingplanner.report: Allow a player to report on area building materials with /plan report command
- buildingplanner.send: Allow a player to send a report on area building materials with /plan send command
- buildingplanner.invite: Allow a player to invite collaborators to their plan
- buildingplanner.give: Allow a player to give away their plan areas.
Upcoming Feature Ideas
These are some places I'd like to take this plugin - please give me loads of feedback. I need to know what you'd like.
Permissions(Done in v0.2.0)
- Externalize all language into configuration
Pop fence straight into chest on creation of plan area Optional flight mode while inside plan area Specify area size from just the sign, no fences required
- Save plans as 'blueprints' and reuse them as many times as you like
- Undo/redo support via Spoutcraft interface
- Plan sharing (uploading)
- Automatic plan downloading and populating highest ranking into world generation
- Date created
- Sep 24, 2011
- Last update
- Oct 15, 2011
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files