bChatManager - The easy to use chat manager for bukkit
What is this?
bChatManager is an easy to use chat plugin for bukkit. Currently only supporting bPermissions, it has a number of features such as:
- Chat Channels! (Completly optional)
- Intuitive messaging format based off the twitter @messaging system!
- Some chat shortcuts when channels are disabled!
- Plus more!
bChatManager was originally forked off the PEX ChatManager, so users coming from pex may vaguely recognise the config file. (even though I completely reworked it)
Installation and Usage
- The ability to configure bPermissions
Once you've installed the plugin (which I'm not going to go into here, if you can't put a jar file in a folder then god help you), you may want to configure it. Here is the default config.
formats: display-name-format: '%player' message-format: '%prefix %player: &f%message' local-message-format: '[LOCAL] %prefix %player: &f%message' personal-message-format: '[MSG] [%player -> %reciever] &f%message' alert-format: '&c[ALERT] &f%message' me-format: '* %player %message' op-message-format: '&c[OPS ONLY] %player: &f%message' toggles: control-me: true ranged-mode: false chat-channels: true filter-ips: true other: chat-range: 100.0 channels: default-channel: "global" channel-limit: 0 channel-chat-format: '&2[%channel] %prefix %player: &f%message'
- display-name-format: format of a players display name
- message format: Format of a chat message when chat channels are disabled
- local-message-format: Format of a local chat message.
- personal-message-format: Format of the @messaging messages
- alert-format: Format. For alerts.
- me-format: Format for /me
- op-message-format: Op only message format
- control-me: Toggle whether bChatManager should handle /me
- ranged-mode: I donno why I named it this. Toggles local messages. Doesn't work with chat channels.
- chat-channels: Enables/disables chat channels
- filter-ips: Filters IP's from chat
- chat-range: If ranged mode is true, this sets the chat range of the chat.
- default-channel: Name of the default channel
- channel-limit: Unused
- channel-chat-format: Format for chat channel messages.
Special Chat Functions
- !message - Sends a message globally. Only useful in ranged mode.
- #message - Sends an alert message which i useful for sending alerts.
- @playername message - Sends a private message to another player on the server. Can autocomplete the name, so if you have someonee called "OmG_CoMpleX1234" you could just do @omg message to message them. You can also message ops with @ops message.
- %message - Message text
- %player - Sender name
- %prefix - Sender prefix
- %suffix - Sender suffix
- %world - World the sender is in
- %displayname - displayname of the player
- Colors you can use - http:www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Classic_server_protocol#Color_Codes for the colors. Alternatively, try this site - http://buildworx-mc.com/bukkitColor/
- &l - bold text
- &m - striked text
- &n - underlined text
- &o - italic text
- bchatmanager.chat.global - allows you to use global chat in ranged mode
- bchatmanager.chat.alert - allows you to make ALERT messages
- bchatmanager.chat.color - allows you to color chat
- bchatmanager.chat.message - allows you to message someone
- bchatmanager.spy - 1.3.2 feature, allows you to hear all PM's and local messages
- /join <channel> - Joins a channel! Requires the perissions bchatmanager.join
- /leave <channel> - leaves a channel! Requires the perissions bchatmanager.leave
- /focus <channel> - Focuses a channel! Requires the perissions bchatmanager.focus
- /bchatreload (must have the permissions bchatmanager.reload or be op) - Reloads bChatManager
I like knowing people are using my plugin, so I have a anomynous plugin stats tool called MCStats built into bChatManager. if you wish to disable it, find the PluginMetrics folder in your plugins folder and edit the config.yml to disable the stats :). If you wish to see these stats, they are publically avaliable https://mcstats.org/plugin/bChatManager. All the information there is the information that gets sent. Nothing else.
Video Tutorial (Thanks to BukkitTeacher)
Latest version is 2.0. Download from http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/bchatmanager/files/16-bchat-manager-2-0-1/ today!
External Mirror at http://rymatemc.co.uk/bChatManager-2.0.jar
My github is at https://github.com/rymate1234/bChatManager Feel free to fork me :P
The bottom bit
Any suggestions on how I can improve this plugin? Post in the comments! And if you need any help, also feel free to post on the forums section of this :)
Table of contents
- 1 bChatManager - The easy to use chat manager for bukkit
- Date created
- Nov 13, 2011
- Last update
- Apr 23, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2)
- Curse link
- Recent files