How do I use restrictions?
These are handled with permission overrides. If you give a player these permissions, they become exempt from the restriction. As permissions can be easily configured for multi-world situations, this is better than a config.
BattleKits.bypassRestriction.disable-dropping-items BattleKits.bypassRestriction.disable-crafting BattleKits.bypassRestriction.disable-pickup-items BattleKits.bypassRestriction.disable-block-place BattleKits.bypassRestriction.disable-player-drops-on-death BattleKits.bypassRestriction.hide-death-messages BattleKits.bypassRestriction.disable-mob-xp BattleKits.bypassRestriction.disable-block-xp BattleKits.bypassRestriction.disable-block-break BattleKits.bypassRestriction.disable-inventory-click
To disable food changing, give the player BattleKits.disableFoodChange.
IF YOU ARE ENABLING RESTRICTIONS IN GLOBAL.YML, MAKE SURE YOU DO A RELOAD AFTERWARDS :D
Can I add potions to kits?
Yes, you can add potions. Use this format:
Where 1 is the slot number, 373 is the item id for potions, 1 is the number of potions and 8226 is the data value. See here for a list of data values.
The plugin gives a null pointer exception on startup!
Please update to the latest version as 1.8 has this unfortunate bug.
No players can craft, place blocks or do anything
Nobody will be able to do anything by default unless you give them the permissions or disable restrictions (by setting enable-restrictions to false in global.yml) altogether.
See above for permissions.
Kill rewards are given to the player who is killed, not the player who did the killing
Please update to the latest version as 1.8.2 and below have this unfortunate bug.
Where can I find builds that are not yet available on BukkitDev?
BukkitDev approvals have been slightly slower recently due to a surge in projects (many of them not even real) and files being submitted. To ensure that you always have access to the latest stable builds and to fix bugs in a more efficient way we sometimes make use of the GitHub downloads system: https://github.com/np98765/BattleKits/downloads
The config keeps resetting back to default. What can I do?
This question is answered here.
Every time the server reloads/restarts, the config is saved. This overwrites any changes you have made and is intentional to ensure that kit tracking/lives are not lost on restart. It's very easy to fix, so next time you want to modify the config follow these steps:
- Edit the file and make any changes
- Run /bk reload in-game or from the console
- At this point the new config is in memory and the default should not overwrite your changes
If you ever make changes, simply remember to use /bk reload to tell BattleKits to take your changes into account. It also has the advantage of not requiring any other plugins to restart.
How do I add potion effects to a kit?
BattleKits does not natively support adding potion effects with a kit, but we do have a very flexible commands entry in the config, which allows an unlimited number of console commands to be executed when a kit is given to the player. To get this sort of functionality, you need a potion plugin that supports the console. Luckily, the same development team that created BattleKits have also made another plugin, PotionCommands, that lets you do exactly that. Simply follow the steps below to set it up:
- Install PotionCommands by downloading and copying the jar file into your plugins folder
- Type /reload in the console or restart your server so the plugin is loaded
- Open up the BattleKits config file. A quick reference is available here, but we only need to go to the section of the desired kit and add something like the following:
kits: archer: commands: - 'potion <player> speed 1200 1' - 'potion <player> strength 1200 1'
The above code will give the player 1 minute of speed and strength, both with an intensity of 1.
- Save the configuration file and run the in-game command /bk reload
- Test your kit and make sure everything is working. Then you're done!
Permissions don't appear to work
- If you're using v1.3.3 (security update) or below, use the permission BattleKits.kit.name (where name is the kit name)
- If you're using v1.4 or above, use the permission BattleKits.use.name (where name is the kit name)
- If neither work, ensure your permissions plugin is superperms compatible
Where's the source code?
How do I report a bug/suggestion?
Use this URL: https://github.com/np98765/BattleKits/issues
This is the official issue tracker, and support will only usually be given here.
Table of contents
- 1 BattleKits FAQ
- 1.1 How do I use restrictions?
- 1.2 Can I add potions to kits?
- 1.3 The plugin gives a null pointer exception on startup!
- 1.4 No players can craft, place blocks or do anything
- 1.5 Kill rewards are given to the player who is killed, not the player who did the killing
- 1.6 Where can I find builds that are not yet available on BukkitDev?
- 1.7 The config keeps resetting back to default. What can I do?
- 1.8 How do I add potion effects to a kit?
- 1.9 Permissions don't appear to work
- 1.10 Where's the source code?
- 1.11 How do I report a bug/suggestion?
- Date created
- Nov 10, 2012
- Last updated
- Feb 10, 2013