Authentication plugin for bukkit powered servers
xAuth is a second-factor authentication plugin that can be used to secure player accounts on your server. As the plugin has been enhanced over time, the direction and main purpose have expanded to new possibilities. Let's say you run a community page. With xAuth, players can authenticate using their forum accounts or using a web-driven account management system. It is also possible to get the credentials from a foreign database.
News and Updates
Please checkout News and upcoming changes for news and update notices.
The basic idea of this protection plugin is allowing players to register an account based on their player name and a supplied password and optionally their email-address. When a registered player connects to the server, that player will be prompted to authenticate his or herself by logging in. If and only if a valid password is supplied, they will regain full control of their account until their session expires.
Permissions (READ ME)
This plugin has the ability to block almost any action (including command execution) for guests and registered xauth players. It also does not use negated permissions in order to not interfere with existing plugins. Permissions are "allowed" or "restricted".
In order to restrict certain actions executed by registered xauth players you need to restrict them since xauth players are trusted. This is different from guests since the default for guests is always "restrict" if not set since a guest is an unknown state. Guest nodes can also only be set via configuration and have the last say even if you might have the right to execute any command.
Please keep in mind in order to block admin commands you need to restrict them via xauth.restrict.player.command.xauth.* or add each command to a group.
This might be confusing at first but has its cons since you always can see if a permission is restricted or allowed via permission node and not via bullet point. More details can be found on page Permission-System
- Before registering/logging in, players can't:
- Chat, execute commands, interact with objects (like levers or chests), move or pickup items
- Break or place blocks
- Receive or give damage, be targeted (followed) by hostile mobs
- Inventory and location protection
- In-depth setting and message configuration
- Persistent login session through server restarts
- Player name filter and password complexity configuration
- Kick non-logged in (but registered) players after a configureable amount of time
- Fine graded Permission System that also allows you to block interactions or commands
- Permissions support (PermissionsEx, Bukkit, GroupManager)
- Kick or temporarily lockout the IP address of a player who fials to log in after a configureable amount of tries
- Custom, highly secure password hashing
- Authenticate yourself with /login <password>
- H2 / mySQL Database storage supported
- Authentication over URL (AuthURL) allows for connection to forum or website databases
- Auto-Updater (thanks to Gravity)
Checkout the News & Upcoming-Changes page for details.
All credits goes to CypherX from bukkit forums who created this plugin. Thanks for your work and long time support!
The old bukkit-thread can be found here
- Date created
- Jan 23, 2012
- Last update
- Oct 22, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files