Authentication plugin for bukkit powered servers
xAuth v2.4.4 is now available! Please install this update as soon as possible as it fixes a critical bug that i missed during my tests.
Permission System Example. Checkout News and Upcoming Changes to stay informed.
xAuth is a second-factor authentication plugin that can be used to secure player accounts on your server. As the plugin has been enhanced over time, the direction and main purpose have expanded to new possibilities. Let's say you run a community page. With xAuth, players can authenticate using their forum accounts or using a web-driven account management system. It is also possible to get the credentials from a foreign database.
The basic idea of this protection plugin is allowing players to register an account based on their player name and a supplied password and optionally their email-address. When a registered player connects to the server, that player will be prompted to authenticate his or herself by logging in. If and only if a valid password is supplied, they will regain full control of their account until their session expires.
- Before registering/logging in, players can't:
- Chat, execute commands, interact with objects (like levers or chests), move or pickup items
- Break or place blocks
- Receive or give damage, be targeted (followed) by hostile mobs
- Inventory and location protection
- In-depth setting and message configuration
- Persistent login session through server restarts
- Player name filter and password complexity configuration
- Kick non-logged in (but registered) players after a configureable amount of time
- Fine graded Permission System that also allows you to block interactions or commands
- Permissions support (PermissionsEx, Bukkit, GroupManager)
- Kick or temporarily lockout the IP address of a player who fials to log in after a configureable amount of tries
- Custom, highly secure password hashing
- Authenticate yourself with /login <password>
- H2 / mySQL Database storage supported
- Authentication over URL (AuthURL) allows for connection to forum or website databases
- Auto-Updater (thanks to Gravity)
Checkout the News & Upcoming-Changes page for details.
All credits goes to CypherX from bukkit forums who created this plugin. Thanks for your work and long time support!
The old bukkit-thread can be found here
- Date created
- Jan 23, 2012
- Last update
- Oct 22, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files