About WorldGuard Custom Flags
WorldGuard Custom Flags allows modders to create, set and get custom flags on WorldGuard regions. As a user you just need to download this if a plugin requires it, it does not do anything on its own.
If you have problems with any WorldGuard Custom Flags plugin post it at the forum.
This is also the right place to post your WorldGuard Custom Flags plugins or suggestions for plugins.
From now on I will ignore (and delete) any issue reported in the comments section.
It automatically uses the same database as WorldGuard (if specified), but you need to create the table manually using an included sql-file.
WorldGuard Custom Flags is also available on github. If you want a version for any other Java version than 7 you will have to compile it yourself.
If you have a problem with WorldGuard Custom Flags or any of my plugins using it read this, please.
To setup WorldGuard Custom Flags you just have to drag and drop the jar-file into your "plugins" folder. If you use a database for WorldGuard you have two possibilities:
Force WG Custom Flags to use a flat file
If you do not want WG Custom Flags to use the database you have to follow these steps:
- after dropping the jar-file into your "plugins" folder start the server one time
- you can ignore the error message this will produce
- stop the server
- now go to "plugins/WGCustomFlags" and edit "config.yml"
- simply change the "save-handler" property to "flat" to force flat file saving
- if you start the server again the plugin will use the flat file
Setup the database
If you want WG Custom Flags to use the WorldGuard database you simply have to import the sql-file into your database.
- if you are using MySQL and PhpMyAdmin you can simply use the PhpMyAdmin web interface to import the file
- if you use MySQL, but no PhpMyAdmin you have to upload the file to your server and execute:
Of course you will have to replace "root" with your database user. After the command you have to enter the password.
mysql -u root -p database < worldflags.sql
The future / WorldGuard 6
In a future update of WorldGuard the plugin will support custom flags by default. When this gets released I will update this plugin a last time to be used as a bridge for any other WorldGuard Custom Flags plugin that has not been updated at that moment. All my plugins will be updated to use the WorldGuard API instead and this project will be abandoned after some time, but I hope I will get more than 50,000 downloads till then :-) .
WG Custom Flags supports the following flag types:
- LocationFlag (better use CustomLocationFlag, it does not produce error messages if WorldGuard uses a database as this does)
- SetFlag (better use CustomSetFlag)
- VectorFlag (better use CustomVectorFlag)
Click here for more information on developing.
- Date created
- Oct 10, 2012
- Last update
- Jul 22, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- WorldGuard Custom Flags
- Recent files
- Required dependency