War - Minecraft PVP Arenas (TDM, CTF & more!)
Version: v1.8 (Nimitz)
War lets you create warzones, arenas that host team deathmatch and capture-the-flag battles.
As a player, you get a fast-paced PVP experience in SMP.
- Join a battle by entering through the warzone lobby. There is one gate per team (team diamond, gold or iron): step in to join that team.
- Your inventory is saved when you join a battle, and restored when you exit.
- When you die inside a warzone, you get instantly teleported back to your spawn, and one life is taken from your team's life pool. When that pool runs out, the other teams score a point!
- Steal the enemy team flag to score for your team.
- Fight over monuments, control points that, when captured, restore health to your teammates.
- Return the cake home to score a point for your team and refill your life pool.
- Capture the bomb and run for your enemy's spawn to blow it up. Careful! If you get attacked at close range you'll blow up.
As a warzone maker, you have total control.
- Take advantage cool landscape features or existing player-build structures and incorporate them in new warzones.
- Tons of options: friendly-fire, auto-assign, turn off PVP outside warzones, define respawn loadouts specific to each zone, and more!
War lets you keep mayhem contained in the warzones.
- All the blocks in a zone are reset at the end of every battle.
- Players are prevented from entering or leaving a zone - except through the designated warzone lobby - by a magic glass wall.
- A warhub can be created to link all your zones together.
Compatible with Craftbukkit 1.6.4-R2.0 and 1.7.2-R0.2.
Important 1.7.9 support note
War does not currently support 1.7.9, as there is no recommended release. However, most of the plugin should work fine.
Non-player skulls may prevent saving warzone
Non-player skulls may not reset, but this does not break the zone
Support for the latest update of minecraft is in progress.
(Make backups before this/any update!)
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server.
These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
Dev builds - Join the bug hunt. We have moved again, sorry. Make sure you are in the modules section for downloads.
Source - Fork the code.
Want to play war in your native language? Join the translation team and help bring the fun of War to non-English speakers. Translate for your localized server community or just to help out. Thanks for contributing.
This plugin uses Metrics to gather data. If you would like to opt-out, you may do so by editing plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml and changing opt-out to true. It sends the information on this page to Hidendra's servers.
Keeping stats enabled allows the War team to find which features of War are most enjoyed by players so we can focus on improving certain areas of the plugin to make the experience of playing War the best it can be.
Also, you can look at the cool graphs it gives us!
To try out the plugin's gameplay, check out the warzones we set up at
How to install: Full instructions here
How to donate: Thanks for your help
How to play: List of player commands
How to create warzones: List of zone maker commands
tommytony shows you how to create a warzone
Spout UI features:
Message feed, stats board, event notifications and team-colored player names.
- Date created
- Sep 10, 2011
- Last update
- May 06, 2014
- Development stage
- MIT License
- Curse link
- Recent files