Try out this plugin using the following IP: ultimateskyblock.us
This is a unique skyblock plugin based on code from the original skySMP plugin. I have been working on it for almost 8 months, and I figured I would release what I have so that other server admins can make use of it. It has been totally rebuilt from the ground up a few times, and I am constantly looking for ways to improve and add on to it. This plugin was originally made for use on Talabrek's Ultimate Skyblock: ultimateskyblock.us.
- Commands and Permissions
- Report Bugs, Request Features, or Make Suggestions
- Easy installation: Just place the .jar in your plugins directory and start the server. The skyblock world, config, and all other files are automatically generated. CleanRoomGenerator is not required!
- Co-op (party) system: Let multiple players join together to play on a single island. Maximum party size is configurable.
- Challenges: Players can complete customizable challenges for rewards including items, exp, currency, and permissions.
- Custom Islands: Use WorldEdit schematics to customize what your starting island looks like. You can also give individual players different starting islands using permissions!
- Grief Protection: Islands are protected with a built-in protection system (or optionally by WorldGuard regions), which stops non-party members from building, destroying, killing animals, accessing your chests, and anything else that might hurt your island.
- Island levels: Islands level up as they get more developed. A ranking system lets players compete to have the best island.
- Customizable: Configuration file gives you the freedom to customize the plugin's options so that they best fit your server's style.
Note: Certain features of Ultimate Skyblock will not work without some of these plugins.
- WorldEdit (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/worldedit/) for custom island schematics.
- WorldGuard (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/worldguard/) for more customizeable region protection (requires WorldEdit).
- PermissionsEx (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/permissionsex/) or another permissions plugin.
- Multiverse-Core (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/) for world management.
- Essentials with EssentialsSpawn (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/essentials/).
- MultiInv (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiinv/) for separate inventories. Note: I do not intend to code separate inventories into the skyblock plugin.
- Stop your server.
- Place the uSkyBlock.jar into your server /plugins directory.
- Start your server. Config, skyblock world, and all files should automatically generate. Note: the default skyblock world is called “skyworld”
- (Optional) Modify the config and restart your server.
- Warning: This plugin will not create a spawn area, you will need to have a separate world set as your spawn or create your own spawn area.
- Warning: This plugin is not compatible with data from other skyblock plugins! You must use a new skyblock world!
In order of priority.
- Bug fixes.
- Customization options for the built-in island protection.
- Add the ability to make a customized skyblock environment, such as water or lava worlds.
- Allow the use of a schematic to automatically generate a spawn area, or generate a basic spawn area without one.
- Make block values for the island levels (/island info) configurable.
- Improve the island purging system (removal of old islands).
Add an extra permission to allow players to warp to other islands. Allow different island schematics to be used when starting a new island based on player permissions. Challenges/rewards system (SkyBlock goals).
- Fixed several bugs. Most of them are related to the island party system (there are still issues with transferring an island).
- Fixed a dupe involving anvils.
- Fixed a bug that could allow players to use the obsidian->lava feature in other worlds.
- Challenges no longer reset when leaving another players island or restarting an island. This is to prevent players from exploiting certain types of challenges (I will add an option to make this configurable in the next update).
- Added a new config option general.spawnSize to configure the area that is used for the spawn. Players will be able to use and interact with objects like buttons and doors in this area (if using the built in protection), and no islands will spawn in the area. For example, setting spawnSize: 100 would make your spawn area 100 blocks in every direction from 0,0.
- New feature: island warps. Players with the permission usb.extra.addwarp can set a warp location on their island which will allow other players to warp there. Players that warp to another island will still be restricted by the island protection.
- New command: "/island warp" will give instructions on how to use the warps.
- New command: "/island warp <player>" will warp you to that player's island if they have their warp turned on (players with the permission usb.island.* will have this by default)
- New command: "/island setwarp" will set the incoming warp location to the player's current location.
- New command: "/island togglewarp" will toggle your warp location on/off (allowing or preventing other players from warping there).
- New command: "/island ban <player>" will ban/unban a player from warping to your island (if you have an active warp).
- New command: "/dev info <player>" that will display info about the player's island location and party.
- Island party members will once again be displayed on the top ten list.
- Fixed an issue that would make /island level unavailable to players.
- Fixed a bug with the /island makeleader command that would sometimes cause players to lose their island.
- Fixed a bug where a player was not properly being removed from an island party.
- Fixed a bug where an island party leader's group list was not being reset properly when they left the group.
- Changed how island party information is saved, this should fix the issue introduced in the last version. After upgrading, you will need to run a command to convert to the new format. The command is /dev buildpartylist and it requires mod permissions.
- Updated to minecraft 1.5
- The last island information is now stored in the config.yml file, this should solve the problem of lag and massive chunk loading when a new player starts an island.
- A player will now have their equipment cleared in addition to their inventory when restarting/joining/leaving an island.
- Fixed a few more bugs with transferring an island, I think that's all of them.
- Changed the built-in protection to use the location of the object/block and not the player when checking if it's ok to break something.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause loss of performance when players start a new island (it should be further improved in future versions).
- The built-in protection system now uses the protectionRange config.yml value instead of the distance value.
- Removed the /t alias from the challenges command that was clashing with other plugins.
- Fixed some cases where /island level wouldn't work for some players.
- Players will no longer have their inventories cleared when in proximity of another player that resets their island.
- Fixed a few bugs related to transferring an island from one player to another.
- Challenges will no longer try to add a perk reward if there isn't one to add.
- Fixed a bug dealing with vault and permissions that would cause commands not to work.
- Fixed some typos in the challenges section of the config.yml.
- Removed some leftover debugging console spam.
- Added /island level as an alias to /island info.
- Fixed an error that occured when using the permission based schematics.
1.0.0 You will need to delete your old config.yml and use a newly generated one! Sorry!
- New feature: Challenges! Now you can create custom challenges for your players to complete. See the Challenges page for more information.
- New moderator command: "/dev completechallenge <challengename> <player>" completes the given challenge for the player (no rewards will be given).
- New moderator command: "/dev resetchallenge <challengename> <player>" reset the given challenge to incomplete for the player (no rewards will be taken).
- New moderator command: "/dev resetallchallenges <player>" reset all challenges for the player (no rewards will be taken).
- Added permission usb.extra.partysize. Players with this permission can invite double the normal max number of players to their island (so if the default max is 4, that player could then invite 8).
- A player with the permission usb.schematic.<schematicname> will use that schematic when they start/restart an island instead of the default island/schematic.
- Players can no longer restart an island while in a co-op group. You will have to remove all other members if you are the owner (/island kick <player>) or leave if you are a member (/island leave). If you have players that did this before the fix and are unable to invite people to their island, have them use /island leave (they will not actually leave the island, but it should fix the problem).
- There is now a cooldown for accepting an invite to another player's island group (it shares the same cooldown as island restarts).
- Fixed a bug that caused islands to generate in the wrong world if the world name was changed in the config.yml. This should also fix WorldGuard regions generated in the wrong world.
- Fixed a few cases of NPEs caused by the PlayerInteractEvent.
- Re-worked how the plugin loads/saves skyblock player files. This was mainly to make data management "cleaner", but this should also fix a PermGen Space memory crash and may increase performance.
- A player must use /island info before they are included on the top ten list. The information on the list will be from the most recent /island info that the player did.
- The built-in protection is a good option for larger servers that get lagged by thousands of WorldGuard regions. Enable it by turning off WorldGuard protection (set protectWithWorldGuard in the config.yml to false).
- This plugin was originally designed to be used on my server, if you run into any quirky stuff or extra “features” that shouldn't be there let me know!
- This plugin uses PluginMetrics to spy on you, err, collect data on how many people are using it. You can disable it by going to plugins/pluginmetics/ and setting opt-out: true in the config.yml
If you want to help the development of this plugin please report any bugs that you find, give suggestions, or if you really enjoy the plugin, consider donating via paypal to email@example.com. Many hours have gone into this plugin, so any little bit will help!
I you need help with something, please post in the comments section or make a ticket. I stay pretty busy, so I typically will not respond to help requests sent via PM or in-game.
- Date created
- Sep 27, 2012
- Last update
- Aug 01, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Ultimate Skyblock
- Recent files