Inspired by the popular Garry's Mod gamemode Trouble In Terrorist Town, this plugin attempts to emulate the game in Minecraft. At the start of a round, players are assigned a role: Innocent, or Traitor. It is the job of each group to eliminate the other. While the traitors are outnumbered, they have the advantage of knowing the role of all players. It will be up to the Innocents to decide who should live, and who's a traitor.
- Traitors are automatically selected at a configurable rate
- Players are automatically given a "crowbar" and a "gun" when entering a game
- Ingame players may not chat with players outside the arena
- Dead players receive messages of the living, but not vice versa
- When a player dies, he becomes a spectator, not visible to other players
- Dead players leave behind "bodies", or chests detailing their role
- Rounds automatically start once enough players have entered an arena
- Detective roles are randomly assigned to players at a configurable ratio to total players
- Players' ingame actions affect their karma level in the exact same configurable way that it does in the real Trouble In Terrorist Town game
- Players' karma is displayed on an ingame scoreboard along with their alive status
- Fully functional lobby system, allowing for automated minigame servers
- Admins can import worlds from folders in the server's root directory
- When a dev, tester, or translator of the plugin joins a round, the message announcing the event will state their role.
- Automatic build stability checker. When a build is marked as unstable, a warning will be displayed to the console when the plugin loads, and to administrators when they join. (Note: this means the plugin must connect to my web server to retrieve the build status as a string.)
How to Use
To start, you'll need to import a TTT map. This is done by placing the folder containing the map into your server's root directory, then type /ttt import [world name]. Now that your world is imported, you'll need to join the map with /ttt join [world name]. Once a certain number of players (defined in the config) have joined a map, the round preparation timer will automatically start, and after that, the round. Once all innocents or traitors have been eliminated, players will be teleported out of the world, which will be rolled back. Lobby Help
Some friends have assisted me in making maps for this plugin, and many of them will soon be available for download right here. You must simply copy the world folder from the ZIP archive for each map into your server's root directory, then run /ttt import to import it into the plugin.
Commands, Configuration, and Permissions
Items are organized by priority, highest to lowest. This list is subject to change, and as such, version predictions are not set in stone. They do, however, give a general idea of how long it will be before a feature is added. Major updates (where the first or second digit of the version number changes) typically take one to two months to release.
- Custom map data: when a map creator makes a TTT map, he or she will have the option to define areas which will function as traitor rooms, traitor testers, and ammo crates. This will be stored in and loaded from a single file in the TTT world directory. (Will likely be included in 0.8.0)
- A credit system similar to the one in the actual game (Will likely be included by 0.9.0)
- More guns! (This could take a while, as it would take a lot of code to make each gun unique)
- Implement vanilla spectating (sometime after MC 1.8 is released)
If you would like a feature added which is not on this list, please create a ticket explaining it in detail.
Current Version (0.6.0)
- Arenas may be created based on locations, rather than having to import an entire world
- Arenas may have multiple spawn points
- Add support for Minecraft 1.6.x and earlier (untested)
- Add preemptive support via MGLib for vanilla spectator gamemode (untested, obviously)
- Add custom Metrics graph for MGLib version
- Lobby signs now count up if time is unlimited
- Fix incompatibility with MultiVerse
- Fix karma clean bonus being improperly calculated
- Fix players becoming stuck if they fall into the void while preparing
- Fix scoreboard not always being properly updated
- Fix bodies forming double chests
- Fix a load of
- Rebuild project to use MGLib instead of an integrated engine
- Refactor permissions (old ones work, but are deprecated)
- Modify certain subsystems to use UUIDs instead of usernames
- Messages introduced in 0.5 and later may not be 100% accurate for some locales; namely: deDE, nlNL, plPL, and ptBR
Help, It's Broken!
If you should encounter a bug not listed on this BukkitDev page, please create a ticket explaining in detail the bug and the steps taken to produce it. Please include an error log (if applicable), as we generally can't do anything without it. Please refrain from reporting bugs in the comments!
Hey, I just met you And this is crazy But here's my plugin So donate maybe?
I... I'm sorry. I literally wrote that in 5 seconds right before I typed it. Joke's on me, because now that song is stuck in my head. Anyway, if you'd like to support my work, feel free to click that donate button up at the top.
We need translators to help translate this plugin into as many languages as possible. If you speak English and your native language has not yet been localized (or has, but is inaccurate), we encourage you to download the English localization file and translate it for us. Make sure not to touch the keys, only the messages! You'll receive credit for translating it on the plugin's page. Each update usually adds new messages to the plugin, so we ask that you be able to translate a few additional messages each month or so (the typical time between updates). If a release is delayed while waiting for translations, we will unfortunately need to use Google Translate for any missing messages.
The plugin is currently localized in:
- enUS (Default locale)
- ptBR (Translated by TheGuigs007)
- deDE (Translated by MeinPvP & XpertHax)
- daDK (Translated by jon674)
- frFR (Translated by JeyWake)
- nlNL (Translated by SuicideSilence_)
- roRO (Translated by RokkeyCX)
- nbNO (Translated by Rocoty)
- plPL (Translated by gasacz)
- esES (Translated by victormac)
- itIT (Translated by Nikkolo94)
- isIS (unknown translator :()
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk. Additionally, these builds often undergo little to no testing, so there is no guarantee they will function properly. You can download them here.
This plugin is designed to submit anonymous usage statistics to MCStats.org. Click the below graphs to see them:
Special thanks to HostHorde for supporting TTT! Make sure to check them out!
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS IN THE COMMENTS. CREATE A TICKET INSTEAD.
- Date created
- Feb 22, 2013
- Last update
- Sep 10, 2014
- Development stage
- MIT License
- Curse link
- TTT (Trouble In Terrorist Town)
- Recent files
- R: TTT v0.6.0 for CB 1.7.9-R0.2 Sep 10, 2014
- B: TTT v0.5-pre5 (Prerelease #5) for CB 1.7.2-R0.2 Jan 02, 2014
- R: Trouble In Terrorist Town v0.4.1 for CB 1.6.2-R1.0 Jul 31, 2013
- R: Trouble In Terrorist Town v0.3 for CB 1.5.2-R0.1 Jun 11, 2013
- R: Trouble In Terrorist Town v0.2 for CB 1.5.2-R0.1 May 04, 2013