Terrain Control

Downloads: User-created worlds, biomes and objects

#1 Oct 03, 2012 at 17:54 UTC - 3 likes

I'll collect downloadable content here, mainly complete settings, single biomes and BO2-packages. If you have something to share, feel free to open a new thread (to have room for discussion) or post here, I'll add it to the list.

Full World settings

Mysource's worlds, Testworld

Moonraker's Free World

rutgerkok's Hellworld and improved vanilla

Nirklar's Skylands Preset

Piginabag's Island world

IRSmoh's Vahalla (skylands), Nether and overworld

no_phone's Wastelands

TrueMalice's Nether world

Comelysome's world

Single Biomes

Burckhart's Mountains and Hills, Plains and Swamplands

rutgerkok's various biomes

Object Packs

MassiveCraft Jungle BO2's

wessexstock's BO2's

Mysource's BO2 pack

LanToaster's RandomLoot BO3 structure

LanToaster's Ruins BO3 structure

Frofster's BO2 pack

Last edited Sep 20, 2014 by rutgerkok
    #2 Oct 07, 2012 at 10:03 UTC - 0 likes

@ ALL:

ALL my free world downloads are blocked since 7.10.12 and only available in future by donation.

What and how to get may be read at my testworld website, see Signature.

I started counting downloads at 9.9.2012 and + 1300 world downloads in just the last 4 weeks made this step necessary now ... and I for sure don´t discuss this change !

A very nice way to learn / save time too ;-)

Bye

Last edited Jun 10, 2013 by mysource
    #3 Oct 14, 2012 at 07:26 UTC - 2 likes

These four worlds, and 20 single biomes can be found for free at this page on my website.

Last edited Jun 14, 2013 by rutgerkok

Bukkit is essentially dead. Spigot will be updated to 1.8. Sponge is being cooked up. Terrain Control, BO3Tools and BetterEnderChest will all be usable on both Sponge (may only be on the Forge variant of Sponge) and Spigot 1.8.

#4 Oct 14, 2012 at 10:23 UTC - 0 likes

@rutgerkok: Go

Hi Rutger,
    why do you set (despite you use normale mode and don´t need that setting at all) this path in the configs (Beach and Hill world)?:

1. Source png file for FromImage biome mode.
      ImageFile:plugins/TerrainControl/worlds/world/map.png

(bold part is the wrong/needless/not working part of the path)

Bye mysource

Last edited Oct 14, 2012 by mysource
    #6 Oct 22, 2012 at 23:24 UTC - 0 likes

This thread definitly needs more biomes ;p.

I just took a look at the whole MC modding community. It's going in so many directions that Mojang has to react pretty soon. Forge, Bukkit, Spout (my favorite, by far the "cleanest") ...

There are some interesting things (ExtraBiomes XL for Forge for example) done about map generation. Dont know if their biomes could be used to create TC biomes.

#8 Oct 26, 2012 at 18:06 UTC - 0 likes

I would like to share my current configs. But I use some of the biomes out of mysource's testworld. So I'll ask first, Mysourse, may I share the biomes that I used and by extension, share the world I have created?

Bob

#9 Oct 26, 2012 at 18:16 UTC - 0 likes

@Bob2351723: Go

Hi,
    definitely a big NO !!!
    My biomes are copyright by mysource and to shelter the nice persons who donated, this is definitely never a FreeBee.

You and everybody else may offer just what is 100% his own work, but never anything I made.
    (My last testworlds have too a copyright .txt file in its folder)

If I decided in the past and decide in future to offer something for free, I did / do it myself.

I thought this would be 100% known, as its logic.
    How could somebody assume to share other peoples work?

Create it 100% yourself and you may offer, but don´t even clone my stuff please.

Fairness counts always !!!!

Bye

Last edited Oct 26, 2012 by mysource
    #10 Oct 26, 2012 at 20:58 UTC - 0 likes

That's what I thought and why I asked. Your test world was a big help to me in learning how TC fits together. Thank you for that.

Bob

#11 Oct 27, 2012 at 00:26 UTC - 2 likes

@Bob2351723: Go

Thanks, that was exactly my intension of that Testworld.
    Thanks too for understanding my view.

Last edited Jun 10, 2013 by mysource
    #12 Oct 29, 2012 at 10:45 UTC - 0 likes

@mysource

thank you for the interesting example. i really like the idea of painting my terrain to guide the generation; it's what i am used to from various 3D programs. but the FromImage stuff is driving me nuts right now; it does not seem to be particularly intuitive. you might want to mention that due to the size of this world, people might have to increase their java heap size; it crashed with my standard 1024M, but worked fine with 2048M.

@ everyone

thank you for sharing the things you create; it is often easier for me to learn from detailed examples than from a tutorial. i shall endeavour to pay it forward once i've got a handle on this awesome plugin.

#13 Oct 30, 2012 at 19:39 UTC - 0 likes

when i want to install this map my server broken.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Don't be sad, have a hug! <3

Time: 30.10.12 20:37
    Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    	at com.khorn.terraincontrol.biomelayers.layers.LayerFromImage.<init>(LayerFromImage.java:40)
    	at com.khorn.terraincontrol.biomelayers.layers.Layer.Init(Layer.java:218)
    	at com.khorn.terraincontrol.bukkit.TCWorldChunkManager.Init(TCWorldChunkManager.java:37)
    	at com.khorn.terraincontrol.bukkit.TCWorldChunkManager.<init>(TCWorldChunkManager.java:26)
    	at com.khorn.terraincontrol.bukkit.TCPlugin.WorldInit(TCPlugin.java:144)
    	at com.khorn.terraincontrol.bukkit.TCChunkGenerator.getDefaultPopulators(TCChunkGenerator.java:46)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:211)
    	at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:140)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:377)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:539)

Relevant Details:
    - Minecraft Version: 1.3.2
    - Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
    - Java Version: 1.7.0_07, Oracle Corporation
    - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    - Memory: 378583536 bytes (361 MB) / 1037959168 bytes (989 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
    - JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M
    - CraftBukkit Information: 
       Running: CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.3.2-R1.0-b2377jnks (MC: 1.3.2) (Implementing API version 1.3.2-R1.0) true
       Plugins: { Multiverse-Core v2.4-b527 com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.MultiverseCore [Rigby, fernferret, lithium3141, main--], TerrainControl v2.2.4 com.khorn.terraincontrol.bukkit.TCPlugin [Khorn, Olof Cayorion Larsson],}
       Warnings: DEFAULT
       Threads: { TIMED_WAITING Thread-4: [java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method), net.minecraft.server.ThreadSleepForever.run(SourceFile:44)], RUNNABLE Server thread: [java.lang.Thread.dumpThreads(Native Method), java.lang.Thread.getAllStackTraces(Unknown Source), org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftCrashReport.call(CraftCrashReport.java:28), net.minecraft.server.CrashReport.a(CrashReport.java:43), net.minecraft.server.CrashReport.g(CrashReport.java:38), net.minecraft.server.CrashReport.<init>(CrashReport.java:28), net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:422), net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:539)], WAITING Snooper Timer: [java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method), java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:503), java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source), java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)], WAITING Java2D Disposer: [java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method), java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(Unknown Source), java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(Unknown Source), sun.java2d.Disposer.run(Unknown Source), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)], WAITING Finalizer: [java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method), java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(Unknown Source), java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(Unknown Source), java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Unknown Source)], RUNNABLE Thread-5: [org.fusesource.jansi.internal.Kernel32._getch(Native Method), org.fusesource.jansi.internal.WindowsSupport.readByte(WindowsSupport.java:46), org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.WindowsTerminal.readByte(WindowsTerminal.java:184), org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.WindowsTerminal.access$000(WindowsTerminal.java:53), org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.WindowsTerminal$1.read(WindowsTerminal.java:151), java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source), org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.ConsoleReader$1.read(ConsoleReader.java:167), org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.internal.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:267), org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.internal.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:204), org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.ConsoleReader.readCharacter(ConsoleReader.java:995), org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.ConsoleReader.readLine(ConsoleReader.java:1167), net.minecraft.server.ThreadCommandReader.run(ThreadCommandReader.java:31)], WAITING Thread-7: [sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method), java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(Unknown Source), java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(Unknown Source), java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.take(Unknown Source), org.bukkit.craftbukkit.ChunkCompressionThread.run(ChunkCompressionThread.java:40), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)], RUNNABLE DestroyJavaVM: [], WAITING Reference Handler: [java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method), java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:503), java.lang.ref.Reference$ReferenceHandler.run(Unknown Source)], RUNNABLE Listen thread: [java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.accept0(Native Method), java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Unknown Source), java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.accept(Unknown Source), java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Unknown Source), java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Unknown Source), java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Unknown Source), net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServerConnectionThread.run(DedicatedServerConnectionThread.java:62)], RUNNABLE Signal Dispatcher: [], RUNNABLE Attach Listener: [], TIMED_WAITING Keep-Alive-Timer: [java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method), sun.net.www.http.KeepAliveCache.run(Unknown Source), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)],}
       Recent tasks from -31--1{}
    - Is Modded: Definitely; 'craftbukkit'
    - Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    - Player Count: 0 / 20; []
    - Type: Dedicated Server

i take all fliles delete my files an start the server. But than the crash. Can you help me

#15 Oct 30, 2012 at 23:27 UTC - 0 likes

@Eliander9802: Go

Hi,
    to explain a little more step by step and in the deep:
    (and...its always a wise idea, to read ALL (my) Tutorials, despite some persons don´t agree and refuse to do so ;-)...).
    You would have known THIS.

In short, use this .bat file (copy and paste my text in an Editor and save as .txt file and rename to START.bat and copy it into your servers root folder):
    (This craftbukkit-1.4.2-R0.1-20121030.060852-19 has to be named to your version of bukkit for sure..and the text in that START.bat is for a German system)

COLOR B0
    set javapfad="%programfiles%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe"
    start /B java -Xms2G -Xmx3G -jar craftbukkit-1.4.2-R0.1-20121030.060852-19.jar
    SET APPDATA=%CD%\data
    start /B java -Xms2G -Xmx3G -jar Minecraft.jar

Explanation:
    This is for using MC/Bukkit with java 7 AND for a 64 bit Machine with plenty of RAM only !!!
    Its too set up for my style of "portable" local server setup including MC client start simultan and in a multiple version setup.

If you still use that (worser) default %appdata% location/setup for your client, you have to use a modified .bat file like that:

set javapfad="%programfiles%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe"
    start /B java -Xms2G -Xmx3G -jar craftbukkit-1.4.2-R0.1-20121030.060852-19.jar

If you use only 32 bit system, you are limited to 1.5 GB Ram size for Java sadly.
    Use this .bat (but it will probably not work with my map by to less RAM):

start /B java -Xms1024M -Xmx1536M -jar craftbukkit-1.4.2-R0.1-20121030.060852-19.jar

Bye

Last edited Oct 30, 2012 by mysource
    #16 Oct 30, 2012 at 23:36 UTC - 0 likes

... and I forgot to mention, that I put my reworked bo2´s for an errorfree use with that MC/Bukkit/TC 1.4.2 versions at my download Website: LINK
    The inofficial TC version I use for new MC/Bukkit 1.4.2 may be found here.

Last edited Oct 30, 2012 by mysource
    #17 Nov 16, 2012 at 19:03 UTC - 0 likes

Love these. I have started mashing my own world together with all the biomes. Thanks guys! I may possibly put my own up there.

#18 Nov 25, 2012 at 13:34 UTC - 0 likes

I want to share my config, but i used some bo2's of another authors (all of them are in free access, i changed some settings to fit my world). Should i release it with or without them?

Last edited Nov 25, 2012 by poiNt3D
    #19 Nov 27, 2012 at 20:45 UTC - 1 like

@poiNt3D: Go

Shouldn't be a problem from my point of view but after all it's up the authors. I think if they are free to access you can also re-pack them with the settings adjusted for your needs as long as you credit those who made them.

#20 Dec 12, 2012 at 03:02 UTC - 1 like

Finally, i decided to release my config. I spent much time working on it, and i hope someone will find it useful.
    It creates large continents surrounded by ocean.
    http://pikucha.ru/i9Fni/thumbnail/world_biome.jpeg http://pikucha.ru/i9Fnk/thumbnail/mc9map.jpeg (Please, just ignore my buildings.)

Continents have a massive mountains with cliffs surrounding them.
    WorldHeightBits is 8. Seed i used: -6165421566425109545. I didn't use custom biome colors, you can set them yourself if you want to.

http://pikucha.ru/i9Fnl/thumbnail/2012-11-22_18.36.06.jpeg http://pikucha.ru/i9Fnm/thumbnail/2012-11-22_18.42.58.jpeg http://pikucha.ru/i9Fnn/thumbnail/2012-11-22_18.45.49.jpeg http://pikucha.ru/i9Fnp/thumbnail/2012-12-02_07.30.19.jpeg http://pikucha.ru/i9Fnv/thumbnail/2012-12-12_06.39.50.jpeg http://pikucha.ru/i9Fnw/thumbnail/2012-12-12_06.42.40.jpeg http://pikucha.ru/i9Fny/thumbnail/2012-12-12_06.48.30.jpeg http://pikucha.ru/i9Fnz/thumbnail/2012-12-12_06.59.17.jpeg http://pikucha.ru/i9Fnq/thumbnail/2012-12-11_05.39.12.jpeg

Some of Bo2's are my own, but the most of them found on the Internet. I want to thank their authors:
    Bucyruss
    Murphy
    Mephestrial
    Mysource
    Wessex

And Burckhart, for his underground lakes settings.
    All other parts of config and custom objects named with "point_*" you can use any way you want, for non-commertial purposes.
    Sorry for my clumsy English.

Name Size MD5
    point_biomes.zip 169.4 KiB c1227574accc...
    #21 Dec 24, 2012 at 20:38 UTC - 1 like

@rutgerkok: Go

Your world is amazing dude, thank you very much! You shoud really donate to this guy, he is awesome. Also Stephan, if you ever want, you can join my server to see your world in realtime :P play.pleadiacraft.com:25570

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/8073/img14062012133358.png

#22 Dec 29, 2012 at 21:10 UTC - 0 likes

@Burckhart: Go

Burckhart, your mountains and plains are really just fantastic. You saved me a bunch of time so thank you for sharing :D

I'll try to post some biomes once I get to a point I'm happy with them

Last edited Dec 29, 2012 by Hangar

I play with fun adults late at night :)

#23 Dec 31, 2012 at 17:12 UTC - 0 likes

Hi. i am very new to this plugin but i don't understand how to use it as there are too many variables. i have tried looking through youtube tutorials though they haven't helped. it would be great if someone could tell me how to achive a world like this or even beter set one up for me?

I would love to get a world generation which creates really large biomes (i.e. aproximately 1000 blocks diameter) that takes full advantage of the height limit for mountainous biomes. i'd also like it to have reasonably smooth flat biomes and use more biomes like Mesa, Glacier and Savannah with tree generaters to make larger trees. in a way i am looking for something which you would see in the real world (not too unrealistic) with epic biomes like shown.

many thanks, Ali =]

Last edited Dec 31, 2012 by Avalanche_Ali

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!