TerrainControl is an advanced world generator. Through various configuration files it gives the user control over almost every aspect of Minecraft terrain generation, with no knowledge of Java required. It can be used on Bukkit or Forge servers and on singleplayer with Forge. TerrainControl is the successor to the old PhoenixTerrainMod, which was based on the popular BiomeTerrainMod.
- Control horizontal and vertical noise of terrain generation
- Control terrain height and volatility per biome
- Generating biome maps from images
- Control the size of biomes, islands and continents
- Custom biomes
- Many options for caves, canyons
- Control vanilla structures like mineshafts, strongholds and villages
- Full control of ores, plants, dungeons, ponds and many more
- Custom trees and other objects (BO2 and BO3)
- Block replacement
- Visual settings like custom foliage colors (TerrainControl client required)
...and many more!
As of Terrain Control 2.4.13, the plugin sends some stats to mcstats.org, a service by Hidendra and others. You can view the stats here. Terrain Control won't upload your configs, it will only send your BiomeMode along with some information of your computer. You can toggle it off by setting
true in the metrics config file. More information is available on this wiki page.
Also check out the showcase thread in our forums!
How to use
TerrainControl is more complex than most Bukkit plugins, so it may take a while to get into - but the results are worth it. If you want to create your own world, be sure to check our documentation. If you have done some reading and still have problems using TerrainControl, just post to our forums and we'll try to figure it out.
- TerrainControl User Interface
- BetterBOB for creating BO2-objects
- Notepad ++ for easier editing of config files
- Minutor for viewing generated maps
- Eihort for viewing your generated maps
- WorldBorder for pregenerating your map
- BO3-Tweaks by Elzaar and LanToaster. Command-line application to tweak BO3-objects.
- BO3Tools for ingame creation of BO3-objects
- ClimateChanger for mass-changing biome ids in an existing world
- BiomeEdit.py to edit biomes side by side.
|Active staff||hack to display table correctly|
|Bucyruss||Creator of the BiomeTerrainMod|
|R-T-B||Creator of PhoenixTerrainMod|
|More contributors on GitHub|
|Users contributing to the wiki are found here|
You'll always find the newest approved stable builds here. As of 2.4, the files will work on both Bukkit and Forge servers (without the need of something like MCPC+) and on singleplayer with Forge. Installation instructions can be found here.
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
You can find all user-created world configurations, biomes and custom objects that are currently available here.
Important - please do not post your questions in the comments section below, head to the forums instead! We do not answer questions here as it would only result in chaos. Feel free to use the wall for general comments!
- Date created
- Oct 27, 2011
- Last update
- Aug 21, 2014
- Development stage
- SpoutDev License v.1
- Curse link
- Terrain Control
- Recent files