Super Seeds lets you seed different plants using chests.
Simply put your different crops in the chest and place a redstone torch under it. Everytimes the redstone torch turns on, seeds in the chest will be distributed on land around the chest that meets requirements and is empty.
It can automatically plant:
- Sugar Canes
- Nether Warts
- It respects the fact that cactus need one block space between them.
- It respects the fact that sugar canes grow on sand with water beside it.
- It respects the fact nether wart can only grow on soul sand.
- It respects the fact crops, carrot, potatoes can only be seeded on farmland
- It can create patterns of different plants on your grounds. Put 8 crops, then 8 potatoes, then 8 carrots, then 8 crops in your chest, and run it, you'll get 4 lines of different plants...
The image is self explanatory, but to explain it shortly:
- Place a redstone torch under a chest
- Place farmland, sand or soulsand (or the three of them same time), depending on what you want to seed, around the chest.
- Place your seeds in the chest.
- Toggle the redstone torch off/on
View in use
My video, showing every functions, no vocal comments: Watch it on Youtube
My video, showing use of per chest commands, no vocal comments Watch it on Youtube
Video by mmuziek, showing function up to 1.3.0, with vocal comments: Watch it on Youtube
Video by VariationVault, showing basic use, with vocal comments: Watch it on Youtube
Q: Is this plugin dangerous?
A: Bud, it's running on my server, it did not yet destroy anything and it surely won't. But of course, I cannot be held responsible if it damages any area on your server.
Thanks to Metrics, I can see that a very few servers are still running on Java 6. Be aware that allow/deny commands use Java 7 String switches, that were not supported on Java 6...
What is to come?
- Plugin will use water buckets in chests to wet land if set so : v.1.8.0
- Some kind of permissions: v.?
- Per chest configs. The chests now support configs of their own. Default values are from global configs. Please read commands explanation page for this one
- Added commands for configurations on the fly
- Chests can now use hoe to till dirt/grass block into farmland before seeding
- Cleanup config file
- Added MetricsLite
- Configs loaded at startup
- Generating missing configs on load
- Now uses bonemeal if present in the chest to directly grow your seeds to max
- Added multi layer function, default config on 1 layer
- Added max side check at 50 (square of 101*101 blocks = 10201 crops)
- Added configs for area size and authorised crops
- Code cleanup
- Performance improvments
- Initial release
- Date created
- Feb 01, 2013
- Last update
- Feb 14, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Super Seeds
- Recent files