ATTENTION! Version 1.9 will retire the flat file storage system! This means to update to 1.9 or higher from 1.8, you MUST be using mySQL or SQLite! An up-to-date database conversion will exist in this version that MUST be used to save your horse data if you are using the flat file database!!!
What does it do?
Stables is a plugin that assists with Horse ownership, protection, and other horse related things. Vanilla has no ownership or tracking of horses, only if it has been broken or not. Stables changes this behavior.
- Virtual Stables (the storage portion of this plugin) Requires SQLite or MySQL! The plugin will still function without SQL, but this feature will not be enabled.
- To use COST based virtual stables, Vault is required. Free storage does not require any additional plugins.
- Protect Horses from outside damages
- Add recipes for Horse Armor (Barding), Name Tags and Saddles
- Add 'ownership' to horses so others cannot steal them - Use a name tag on a horse to claim it!
- Store horses in virtual stables, and recover them!
- Ability to find, summon or even teleport to your horse!
- Abilities for Admin/Staff to Remove Ownership
- Sets a max amount of horses one player can own
- Anyone with the stables.admin permission can use horses without permission
- Allow a friend to ride a claimed horse
- Lure a horse from the wild using an item (defaults Golden Carrot - Other suggestions would be Emeralds, Golden Apples)
- Horse Spawning, including ZOMBIE and SKELETON horses!
- Teleport, Summon and Locate your claimed Horses!
- Allows staff to rename horses without changing ownership
What's in store for new releases?
- Horse Trading
- (NPC) Races
- Horse respawning
- Horse purchasing (from NPC)
- Disallow stables recover for WorldGuard mob-disabled areas.
Permissions & Commands
How does it work?
Name a horse to claim it as your own. Hit it (as the owner) with a new Name Tag (un-renamed) to free it!
- Apparently naming a horse is confusing to some people. To name a horse, you have to get a NAME TAG. Use the NAME TAG in an ANVIL and change it's name to what you want the horse to be called. Then USE (Right Click) The Horse with the NAMED NAME TAG to name it. This is a VANILLA MINECRAFT feature - it is not included with Stables. This action, however, is what will claim a horse with the Stables plugin.
- You can also set the config to 'AutoOwn = true' - This will automatically claim a horse as soon as it is tamed!
Stables also prevents horses from being killed by players, mobs, environmental, or any combination of these. All options are 100% toggle-able through the config.
This feature can be disabled by the admins by setting the 'allowCommand' config option to false, and then just not creating any stable signs.
To create a stable, simply place a sign with [stables] as the first line. Stables will take over from there. If 'allowCommand' is disabled, you can ONLY use the Virtual Stables feature with a sign. Punch the sign, or type /stables store to store a horse. Please note: Storage does *NOT* save chests right now, nor will it save saddles. This is a known bug.
- Please note: The stables does *NOT* save Horse Speed. This is a Minecraft/Bukkit shortfall, and will be addressed as soon as there is a way to do so.
Stables makes several items craftable - specifically Saddles, Barding (Horse Armor) and Name Tags.
Upon the first run, a file called 'language.yml' will be generated. This will have all the phrases, in English. You may change the phrases to whatever you'd like, or any language you'd like.
Please note Version 1.8.9 will change the localization file, and some variables will be added to substitute things like numbers or names, as some languages may require different formats that don't have the name at the front, or back, or wherever it's placed in English.
Table of contents
- 1 ATTENTION! Version 1.9 will retire the flat file storage system! This means to update to 1.9 or higher from 1.8, you MUST be using mySQL or SQLite! An up-to-date database conversion will exist in this version that MUST be used to save your horse data if you are using the flat file database!!!
- Date created
- Jul 02, 2013
- Last update
- Apr 10, 2014
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files