SQLEconomy is a plugin that combines MySQL and SQLite and puts them into an economy plugin. If you develop plugins with economy, the plugin may NOT work with Vault. But don't worry. I've included a few methods to make transactions easy. The great thing about SQL is it's extremely organized. Each table is like a spreadsheet, keeping everything organized. If yo don't have and experience with SQL, SQLEconomy doesn't care! It will create a table for you, all on its own.
Developing with SQLEconomy
SQLEconomy is open source! You can contribute, or develop with, SQLEconomy at: https://github.com/1Achmed1/SQLEconomy
_Husky_ - Made the SQL API and helped out with some errors
- An SQL API is included. API by tips48 and _Husky_ http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tutorial-using-mysql-in-your-plugins.132309/
When SQLEcon is Released
When SQLEconomy is released, it will have the following features:
- Use /money to check how much money you have
- Use /money give [player] [amount] to give a player the specified amount
- Use /money remove [player] [amount] to remove money from the specified player
- Hopefully Vault support :)
There are many benefits of an economy plugin that uses SQL. First of all, all of the information is in a centralized location, versus a flat file. Also, SQLEconomy helps cut down RAM usage versus, say, iConomy, because it has ONE purpose whereas iConomy can store with flat files and other forms of storage which brings up RAM usage and storage on your server. Plus, flat files need to be saved/loaded when ever they're used. This doesn't. It has minimal data uploads.
- 7 comments