This plugin allows you to set mob spawner types and optionally gather mob spawners with a Silk Touch enchanted tool.
- You can change the type of spawner you are looking at or holding by using /spawner <EntityType>. For example /spawner creeper will change the spawner to a creeper spawner.
- It will tell you what kind of spawner you interact with or type /spawner while looking at it.
- Command to give yourself or another player a spawner of a given type.
- /spawner list and /spawner help commands that display the contents of text files so you can customize them to your liking.
- Command to remove entities in a given radius with /spawner remove <EntityType> [radius]
- This plugin will attempt to remove the Silk Touch enchant from the spawner that some plugins add otherwise players can use them as a Silk Touch enchanted tool.
- Luck option to give a chance to not drop the spawner and break like normal (disabled by default).
- Frequency option for each creature type to give a chance to not spawn.
- Prevents renaming spawners on an anvil.
- Config option to prevent players from making spawners of bad entities.
- Config option to prevent explosions from destroying spawners.
- Config file to change the language.
- Config option to use creature aliases so you can just use horse instead of EntityHorse.
- Permissions to disable eggs.
- Configure drops.
This plugin may use various bits of code I found on the Bukkit forums.
- Drop the plugin into your plugins folder like any other plugin.
- Restart the server.
- If you are updating from an older version you must either delete your language.yml file or update it with the new entries or you will get errors.
- Make sure to configure it to your liking by editing the config.yml.
- Type /spawner reload to reload any changes you make to the language.yml or config.yml files.
- If you want players to be able to break spawners add permission for spawner.break.<entity>
- If you want players to be able to mine spawners with a silk touch enchanted tool add permission for spawner.mine.<entity>
- If you want players to be able to place spawners add permission for spawner.place.<entity>
- <entity> in the above points can be any entity type (all lowercase) or all to indicate all entities. For example spawner.place.all will allow players to place any spawner type.
Switch the spawner you're looking at or holding to the given mob entity type.
/spawner give <entity> [player]
Give a spawner to yourself or another player.
Display the contents of the spawner/list.txt file.
Display the contents of the spawner/help.txt file.
/spawner remove <entity> [radius]
Removes entities of the specified type within a given radius.
Reload the plugin. Useful if you make changes to any of the files.
Gives all Spawner permissions.
Gives access to use /spawner reload to reload the plugin.
Gives access to use /spawner <entity>
Use spawner.set.all to allow all spawner entity types.
Gives access to right-click a spawner or use /spawner to get the spawner entity type.
Allows players to break spawners as normal.
Use spawner.break.all to allow all spawner entity types.
Allows players to mine spawners with a silk touch enchanted tool.
Use spawner.mine.all to allow all spawner entity types.
Allows players to place spawners.
Use spawner.place.all to allow all spawner entity types.
Gives access to use /spawner give <entity>
Use spawner.give.all to allow all spawner entity types.
Allows mining spawners without using silk touch.
Use spawner.nosilk.all to allow all spawner entity types.
Gives access to use /spawner give <entity> <player>
Use spawner.giveothers.all to allow all spawner entity types.
This can also be run from console.
Gives access to use /spawner help
Gives access to use /spawner list
Gives access to use /spawner remove <entity> [radius]
Allows using eggs on spawners to change their entity type.
Use spawner.eggs.all to allow all entity types.
Allows using anvils to rename spawner eggs.
Allows using anvils to rename spawners.
Note: In Spawner v1.9 some of the permissions changed from ending with .* to .all
- Edit your config.yml and do /spawner reload to reload the changes.
- Make sure you aren't looking at a spawner when you're trying to change the spawner you're holding.
- It can also change an entire stack of spawners you're holding.
- If you try to update the plugin with a plugin manager without restarting the server you may run into issues (such as duplicate spawner drops).
- Doesn't work properly in creative mode.
- The config.yml file has a section for valid_entities where you can list entities you want players to be able to use.
If they are crossed out it means they are finished or being worked on and may be in the next release.
- Add ability to limit the number of spawners a player can give/change.
- Add baby spawners.
- Implement NBT features for MobSpawner from here for mob armor, etc.
- Compatibility with Vault so that you can make it cost money to get/change a spawner.
This plugin collects anonymous statistics about your server so that I can better understand how people are using the plugin.
It sends these stats to MCStats.org where it's publicly available. These statistics include your Java version, operating system, authentication mode, system architecture, number of system cores, server location, game version, server software, and which version of this plugin you are using.
If you would like to opt out of this anonymous statistics collection process then you can disable it by editing the file /plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml and changing opt-out to true.
If you like this plugin please consider donating towards its development. This will encourage me to work on it more. Your donation is very much appreciated!
PayPal: You can find a donate link on the top-right of the page.
- Date created
- Dec 03, 2012
- Last update
- Apr 03, 2015
- Development stage
- MIT License
- Curse link
- Recent files