Hello guys! This is SmoothPlot plugin! This really simple and lightweight plugin allows CREATING and SELLING plots to your players just with a click! Moreover it is fully configurable, and the plugin can do everything that what you can with WorldGuard!
SmoothPlot - is the base for every Freebuild server, and should be used everywhere, where you want to give plots to players or want to allow players create plots by themselves! SmoothPlot does NOT require any commands to use, just build a rectangle plot border and place a sign inside it! Anyone with permissions for defined plot-type can buy it with sign right-click! That's simple!
Want to know more? Please, read! And make your life easier!
Installation is so easy, just follow some simple steps:
- Download SmoothPlot zip file from <look to downloads in the box on the right>
- Unpack .zip file and put unpacked SmoothPlot folder and SmoothPlot.jar file to your plugins/ directory
- Open config.yml file with notepad + + or any other text editor you like, now set everything as you like then save changes
- Run your server (I prefere not to do just /reload, however it should work too)
- It's done! Have fun and feel free, no more defining regions!
- Multi-world support
- Multi-materials plot border support (no damage values support yet)
- As many plot-types as you want
- Permissions support (works with almost any permissions plugin)
- Fully customizable expands
- Customizable maximum amount of plots for player (per plot type!)
- Lightweight - it won't lag your server
- Economy support - using Vault so you can use iConomy, BOSEconomy etc.
- Smooth and easy to use - it's as easy as posting a sign!
- Players can sell their plots to other players
- Players can invite friends to their plots (no more asking players to add their friend!)
- No need to save anything to files, so file corruption won't happen (everything based WorldGuard and signs)
- Announcement on plot enter (customizable greet-messages)
- Plot size limiter - also avoids server lags
- <What you want to see? - POST IT!>
3. How to use
Creating Plots (standard FreeBuild feature)
Well, build a plot with any material you like as a border. Sure, plot have to be a rectangle. Now, the most important thing - place a sign (anywhere in the plot area on the border height).
[Plot] plot-type-here 85,107 [parent region name]
- The 1st line is header, you can set it in config.yml file (called 'header' :) ), by default it is "[Plot]".
- The 2nd line is a plot type-name, well it is not region name, it is used in permissions support and in config.yml, you have to define it first (example in the config file).
- The 3rd line is border material ID. If your plot is bordered with some more materials (not one material) type IDs separated with colons: for example 85,107 or 35,49,1,89 (be careful - there is no damage support yet, so writing 35:3 or 44:1 will NOT work)
- The 4th line is optional argument, it is name of parent region, it is usable in cities with one bigger city region. Well, this is everything, for help in-game just place sign with a header only.
Player can own the plot (if he has permission for given plot-type - 2nd line), by right clicking a SmoothPlot sign. He needs enough money too (see config.yml). Players can check plot cost by left-clicking (hitting) a plot-sign.
Plots reselling (feature for players)
Plots reselling is really cool feature that appeared in version 1.3. It gives players possibility to sell their plots to other players. Usage is really simple, just post a sign on a plot you want to sell (anywhere in your region!) and type:
[For Sale] <plot-type-name-goes-here> -empty line- <cost>
Now any player that right-click the sign may buy this plot. Plugin removes old cuboid-region and creates a new one for player that bought it. It also let player that sold plot to buy a new one. Everything stays as it is, so your players can build beautiful houses and sell them! SmoothPlot uses WorldGuard, so tell your players to remove LWC locked chests, furnaces and that what is locked by other plugins to avoid problems.
Version 1.3 added friend invite option to plots. Now every player can invite friend to his own plot. No more asking players to add their friends to plots! It is as simple as:
[Invite] <player you want to invite> <plot type name> -leave this one line empty-
Plugin will parse sign lines and it's ready to use. Just call your friend to right-click the sign!
Your friend will be added as member to your plot.
Commands are usable only for administrators:
- /smoothplot - smoothplot informations (version etc.)
- /smoothplot reloadconfig - reloads smoothplot configuration
- /smoothplot remove <owner> <plot type> - removes plot you are standing on (based on the owner and plot type name)
SmoothPlot uses WorldGuard, so you can just remove plots using WorldGuard commands!
Plot naming system:
For example: notch-test2
Now, it's time to show you how to configure the plugin, if you haven't done it yet (it's very simple).
So go to /plugins/SmoothPlot/config.yml and edit the file with any text editor (I prefere notepad+ +). Then set up headers, greeting messages and define your own plot-types based on the example! Everything is commented, so I hope you will do it without problems.
Ok, then you are ready to start your server.
Plugin uses other plugins to work! - See REQUIREMENTS down here!
Well, I made simple and usable permissions, that allow you to simply manage your plots.
Signs placing permissions:
|smoothplot.sign.plot||allows player to place plot-sign|
|smoothplot.sign.invite||allows player to invite other players to his plot|
|smoothplot.sign.sell||allows player to sell his plot to other players|
|smoothplot.command.remove||/smoothplot remove <owner nick> <plot type>|
|smoothplot.plot.<plot type>||allows player to buy plot of given type|
This plugin requires:
- WorldGuard - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/worldguard/WorldGuard
- WorldEdit - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/worldedit/
- Vault - http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-mods/vault/
- Any Economy plugin supported by Vault (I do NOT prefere CraftConomy!)
This plugin works along with Java 6/7 Environment (Compiled using JDK7, but made it to work with Java 6 too) - it won't be detected by server if you have not installed that!
- Massive code clean up
- <Your Idea Here!>
- v2.1 - fixed/added permissions for admin commands, patched possible bugs
- v2.0 - better configuration, lots fixes, large-core changes, updated for the latest Vault and Bukkit 1.4.7-R1.0
- v1.4 - anty infinite-loop check (your server won't lag for ever); announcement on plot enter (affects only new plots)
- v1.3.2 - important config fix. It caused some problems last time. Update, please!
- v.1.3.1 - Just updated for Bukkit 1.2.5-R5.0, it does not change anything
- v.1.3 - Fixed some bugs from 1.3b, starting to make source code cleaner (100% will be in 1.4)
- v1.3b - Added: players can sell thier plots to other players; players can invite friends to their plots; database file is no longer needed to save player plots; this is test-version, so I may be bugged
- v1.2 - Added economy support
- v1.1 - Added support for Multi-Materials plot border
- v1.0 - First public release
This is an example plot-sign:
This is valid plots placements:
Please pay your attention on ONE EMPTY line between two plots!
This is INVALID plots placement (plot cannot touch any other and there must be a least one empty block between them):
Player may own the plot by right-clicking a sign. Player that tries to own it, needs this permission://<<<156028584>>> 'smoothplot.plot.ExamplePlot'//
11. Source Code
SmoothPlot is open source! The newest source code (eclipse project) is always available on:
(No source code at the moment, my dropbox has been blocked)
Current source code version is 2.0! If you are looking for older source code version ask me please :)
Thank You for read!
- Date created
- Jul 05, 2012
- Last update
- Feb 14, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1 (LGPLv2.1)
- Curse link
- Recent files