Note: I have stopped working on this plugin to work on my new plugin, Prison 3-in-1. This means that it will no longer be updated.
Simple Food Effects allows you to add potion effects to foods. They are then added to players whenever they eat it. Why would you want to do this? Because it's fun!
- Easily configurable
- Specify an effect, duration, and amplifier for any food
- Permissions system to restrict players from getting effects from certain types of food or all foods.
- Download SimpleFoodEffects
- Drag the jar file that you downloaded into your /plugins directory in your server folder
- Reload/restart your server
- The fun begins
Access to all potion effects
Access to only the specified potion effect
The configuration may seem a bit confusing at first, but trust me - it's not.
foods: grilled_pork: effect: speed-2 duration: 200 cooked_beef: effect: strength duration: 200
Okay, lets break that down. In the config, I specify that I want to add an effect to a cooked porkchop:
You must use the technical food terms when defining the food! They are listed below:
- Steak - cooked_beef
- Raw Beef - raw_beef
- Cooked Porkchop - grilled_pork
- Raw Porkchop - pork
- Raw Fish - raw_fish
- Raw Chicken - raw_chicken
- Cooked Fish - cooked_fish
- Cooked Chicken - cooked_chicken
- Rotten Flesh - rotten_flesh
- Melon (Slice) - melon
- Pumpkin Pie - pumpkin_pie
- Apple - apple
- Mushroom Stew - mushroom_soup
- Bread - bread
- Milk Bucket - milk_bucket
- Cookie - cookie
- Carrot - carrot_item
- Raw Potato - potato_item
- Baked Potato - baked_potato
- Poisonous Potato - poisonous_potato
Note that the plugin DOES NOT support cake or golden apples!
Just simply add the name followed by a colon (:)
Tip: YAML can't have tabs. Instead, manually space the elements as shown in the examples.
Onto the next section.
effect: speed-2 duration: 200
The effect is the name of the effect, followed by an optional amplifier. The amplifier is basically what happens when you put a potion in with glowstone - it's amplified. If you wish to include an amplifier, just type a '-' and then the number. If you don't, just leave it at the name of the effect. The potion effect names are blindness, nausea, weakness, fire-resistance, instant-damage, instant-health, hunger, saturation (opposite of hunger), strength, invisibility, night-vision, poison, regeneration, slowness, speed, water-breathing, weakness, and wither.
That's basically all there is to it. Simply add as many as you want. I know the food list was a bit lengthy but I wanted to make sure you knew what you were doing! Thanks for reading, and enjoy your copy of SimpleFoodEffects!
If you are a developer, and are interested in reading my source code, click the "Repository" button in the menu under the BukkitDev logo!
This is a GalaxinaRealms plugin. Feel free to join and play with us! galaxinarealms.com
- 9 comments