SVL requires Java 7
SVL has been discontinued. Developers, feel free to copy code snippets if you would like to make a new version of this plugin.
SimpleVoteListener was designed to be as lightweight as possible and make endless possibilities. SimpleVoteListener can perform commands, broadcast messages, and do everything you could possibly need it to do.
- Vault Economy support.
- Bungeefier and Spigot support.
- Public broadcasts.
- Private messaging to voting players.
- Offline voting.
- Unknown player blocking. (Vote will not go through unless player has joined server previously)
- Permissions can be given and taken upon vote.
- Items can be given to player.
- Commands can be run through console upon voting.
- Service-specific awards.
- Permission-specific awards.
- Vote counting.
- Vote count awards.
- Timed commands.
- Timed commands continue after restarting server.
- Config variables.
- Color codes in config.
- Drop SimpleVoteListener.jar into your plugins directory.
- Reload or restart your server.
note: You don't need to do anything special to get SimpleVoteListener to connect to Votifier
/svl reload - Reloads configuration.
/svl test - Tests vote process.
/svl debug - Toggles debug mode for development.
# Ayyy don't touch this it will ruin your config. version: '1.1' debug: false vault: false time-format: 'HH:mm:ss' public-broadcast: '&e%player% voted from %service%!' private-message: '&aThanks, &c%player%&a, for voting!' # Awards given to player when player is available. player-awards: # Awarded to player no matter what. money: 50 permissions: - 'wow.cool.amazing' items: - 'WOOD:64' commands: # You can add timed commands by putting a time # in parenthesis followed by h/m/s: hours/minutes/seconds - 'group add %player% voter' - 'group remove %player% voter(24h)' specific-awards: # Awarded to player if applicable (stacks with general player awards) service: PlanetMinecraft: money: 100 permission: - 'wow.pmc.amazing' items: - 'DIAMOND:1' commands: - 'permission remove %player% wow.pmc.amazing(24h)' permissions: groupplugin.vip: money: 9001 permission: - 'wow.omg.incredible' items: - 'DIAMOND:400' commands: - 'permission remove %player% wow.omg.incredible(24h)' groupplugin.user: money: 20 permission: - 'wow.okay.umm' items: - 'WOOD:64' - 'DIAMOND_PICKAXE:1' commands: - 'permission remove %player% wow.okay.umm(10m)' votes: 10: money: 20 permission: - 'wow.okay.umm' items: - 'WOOD:64' - 'DIAMOND_PICKAXE:1' commands: - 'permission remove %player% wow.okay.umm(25s)'
- %name% - Username of the player. Not the nickname.
- %ip% - IP Address of the player who voted
- %time% - Not sure what format of time, Votifier handles the format.
- %service% - Service used when voting, eg. "PlanetMinecraft.com"
- %votes% - Amount of times player has voted.
- %connection - Returns "online" or "offline" accordingly.
Nothing is Happening on Vote
- Check to make sure the port you are using in your Votifier config is not already in use.
- Read the Troubleshooting section on the Votifier page.
Plugin not generating files
- Make sure your plugins folder isn't restricted. Usually this is not the case if other plugins can write files to it.
- Try using Java 7 instead of Java 6.
- Check that you're using the correct version of CraftBukkit corresponding to the version of SVL.
Config not working
- Parse your config by pasting it. If there is an error it will tell you the line and column number!
- Make sure you are using correct variables (listed above)
Commands not being run
- Check to make sure you have a plugin that can run the commands you are trying to run!
- Some plugins don't let certain commands run from the console, and there is nothing that can be done except look for a different plugin!
Connecting to Votifier but not SVL
- Make sure SVL started up without errors and is enabled by typing
/pl(it should be green in the list).
- Make sure config works by checking advanced setups section of Configuration Page
Still not working?/Question not answered?
Leave a comment with the following:
- SVL version
- Votifier version
- CraftBukkit version
- Errors in console (if one is given)
- Config file posted on either pastie.org or pastebin.com
- Actual problem typed and explained to best of detail
Table of contents
- 1 SimpleVoteListener
- 1.1 Description
- 1.2 PLANNED Features
- 1.3 Installation
- 1.4 Planned Commands
- 1.5 Usage
- 1.6 Troubleshooting
- Date created
- Jan 21, 2013
- Last update
- Apr 06, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files