VERSION 4.3 BETA NOW AVAILABLE FOR TESTING FROM THE DEV PAGE
Welcome to the Serversigns dev bukkit! Updated for 1.7.9 and 1.8-1.8.8 Spigot!
ServerSigns (SVS) is a plugin that lets you add messages, player commands, server commands, and other awesome features to configured blocks or signs.
By saving the data for ServerSigns in a yml-file we will allow you to add as many messages and commands as you like, while still being able to write on the sign normally.
- No-limit: Unlimited commands per sign
- Multi-block: Support for any and every block to be a ServerSign
- Messages: Shows the messages you put on the sign to the player on use
- Player-commands: Executes the command as if the player typed it in chat
- Server-commands: Executes the command as if it was used from the server console
- Delayed-commands: You are able to run any command or message with a delay (from seconds to months)
- Queued-tasks: All SVS tasks are handled in a separate queue thread, which also tracks tasks queued for a certain player joining
- Looped tasks: ServerSigns can now be looped a finite number of times, or indefinitely, with specified periods between each loop
- Grant permission: Let players execute commands with permissions you specify with the ServerSign
- Economy: ServerSigns can cost something & remove items from inventories
- Xp: ServerSigns can cost levels of experience
- Custom messages: ServerSigns allows for entire customisation of messages shown in-game via config
- Assistance: The help pages for ServerSigns are updated for each and every version, for easy usage references.
- Compatible: We're always looking to make sure ServerSigns is compatible with as many plugins as possible, including NoCheatPlus
- Multi-role: You can mix several types on one sign e.g. Send messages, execute server commands, and execute player commands, etc.
Please note that version 2.6 and above will notify you when a ServerSigns developer joins, this is so you're aware of who we are when we join, and we can help you with any issues you may be having with ServerSigns as quickly as possible. Version 4.1 and above will also send the developer a message stating the current plugin version.
This plugin utilizes an auto-updating feature that will check for the latest ServerSigns build and automatically download that build if it is newer than the currently installed one. This can be disabled by setting 'check_for_updates' to false in the config.yml
This plugin uses Metrics to gather basic non-identifiable statistical data such as the number of ServerSigns you are using, your plugin version, and other standard mcstats.org data. You can opt-out of this feature by setting 'metrics_opt_out' to true in the config.yml. A full list of gathered information can be found here: http://mcstats.org/plugin/ServerSigns
If you have a tutorial for ServerSigns v4.0+ (in any language) on YouTube, please send ExLoki a PM here on Bukkit and we will consider adding your video to this page. If you have a tutorial that is more recent or more informative than one of the above, please also send a PM with a link to the video for consideration. If you already have a video shown here, thank you very much for taking the time to make a tutorial for our plugin!
Known bugs (v4.1)
- Spawn protection prevents non-ops using ServerSigns This issue cannot be resolved, as stated by md_5 https://hub.spigotmc.org/jira/browse/SPIGOT-1112
Reporting Bugs / Requesting Features
When reporting bugs, requesting features, or providing any other constructive feedback that will require code alterations you must submit a ticket to have your voice heard and action taken (if required). Any topics of this nature that arise in the comments section will henceforth be ignored.
Before you raise a ticket, you need to make sure that the feature you are requesting isn't already implemented (read all of the help pages which show SVS features), or the bug you want fixed hasn't already been resolved in the latest development build (a rolling change log is kept on the development build page, use this for reference)
When submitting a ticket, please be as descriptive and informative as possible. If reporting a bug or flaw, then show all the steps required to reproduce the problem, also attach any and all related screenshots or other files to the ticket. If requesting a new feature, then please be as detailed as possible so we have a very clear idea of what it is you're suggesting - that way if we do implement your suggestion, this ensures it is exactly as you want it to be.
Once you have submitted a ticket, rest assured that it will be handled. We do not give a definite time frame for replies or actual alterations, but we try our absolute best to get tickets resolved as soon as possible. Please do not: bump tickets, raise multiple tickets for the same issue, send PMs to our developers, or discuss the ticket in the comments section. Tickets that do not meet the expectations outlined here will likely be declined without comment.
- Date created
- Oct 24, 2011
- Last update
- Sep 12, 2015
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files
- Optional dependency