Sentry is a character plugin for the NPC plugin Citizens2. With Sentry, NPC's can be set to guard areas or act as bodyguards. Hostile targeting, retaliation, and a variety of options and stats allow a Sentry NPC to be customized to almost any guarding or combat situation.
- Attack monsters, players, and groups automatically. Sentry also has built-in support for Factions, Towny, War and SimpleClans
- Kill, and be killed by, players, monsters, and the environment.
- Guard locations, paths, players, or other NPCs.
- Use ranged or melee weapons. Shoot arrows, fireballs, snowballs, eggs, lightning, and potions with deadly accuracy.
- Be configured with stats such as Strength, Health, Armor, Speed, Range and even Night Vision!
- Ride mounts!
- Work with Denizen to become Bosses and Quest NPCs that run scripts upon death.
- Install Citizens2 Please use latest build
- Place Sentry.jar in your minecraft /plugins/ directory. Start your server.
- Create a NPC with Citizens and give it the 'sentry' trait.
/npc create Town Guard --trait sentry
- Customize your Sentry's stats and options and you're ready to go.
A full list of commands and options is available on the Citizens 2 Wiki
Sentry makes a config.yml in the plugins/Sentry folder on first load. Use this to tailor Sentry to your server. You can:
- Set defaults for new sentries
- Change or disable the item used for various attack types
- Add potion effects like slow or blindness to certain Sentry weapons.
- Add armor, strength and speed buffs to armor and weapons for Sentries.
- Set critical hit chances and messages.
The config.yml is commented with instructions.
- Date created
- Sep 11, 2012
- Last update
- Jun 03, 2014
- Development stage
- Public Domain
- Curse link
- Sentry for Citizens2
- Recent files