Redstone Proximity Sensor
Please Subscribe to File Updates (Menu Above > Subscriptions > File Updates)
Latest Download (2.0.0) - Not yet dead
If the latest download is not 2.0.0 then please wait for the latest file to be approved.
- Fixed rps setrange from not working at all
- Fixed the updater notice showing when turned off
- Added some unused code for next version
- Cleaned up a bit of code and added some comments for Github.
This plugin allows you to craft a Proximity Sensor, or an Inverted Proximity Sensor, that when placed down will provide a redstone current when a player is within the defined range. Ranges can be changed instantly, as well as many other configs. Read below to know more.
Drag and drop Installation. Afterword do a restart or reload.
There is config files that you can edit to change some basic settings.
All commands require redstonesensor.commands permission. wand and setrange commands require redstonesensor.customrange permission.
- /rps maxrange <number>
- Changes the max range allowed to be set by any redstone proximity sensors. Range does not change performance.
- /rps defaultrange <number>
- Changes the range all new redstone proximity sensors are set to when placed down.
- /rps reload
- Reloads the plugin. Really not needed unless changing the config file manually.
- /rps wand
- Gives the user the RPS Wand.
- /rps setrange
- Creates the custom range from the cuboid selection made using a RPS Wand.
Making a RPS
Making a RPS has become very simple now in 1.6. Just 3 redstone torches in the crafting table makes it.
Creating the opposite effect, the NOT RPS which makes the circuit on when away, off when close. In the config I will change the word NOT to Inverted. I only named it NOT because it means the same thing, and its shorter.
To change the range on the RPS (Redstone Proximity Sensor) you right click the redstone torch in question, and it will output the new range for you. Max range can be set in the config file or using the commands.
Creating a Custom Range
Added to 1.9.5 is the ability to create a custom range using the RPS, or the inverted RPS.
\ First, make sure you or your members have access to redstonesensor.customrange. Custom Range was more so as an admin tool and is the permission is not set to true by default.
First, you must create a cuboid selection. To do so you need to type '/rps wand'. Once given the wand, Left clicking a block with the RPS Wand marks that block as the first corner of the cuboid you wish to select. A right-click chooses the second corner. Once both corners are selected go to the RPS that you wish to set with the custom range. Then type '/rps setrange' while aiming at the RPS or the block under the RPS.
Once set the RPS will now have a custom range. The RPS will create a current when a player is within the specified range, if its an Inverted RPS then the opposite.
- Gives use to the commands.
- Gives the ability to use a Redstone Proximity Sensor. They will still be able to change the range, or break it.
- Gives the ability to create a Redstone Proximity Sensor. They will be able to craft it
- Gives access to using the RPS Wand and Setting the Custom range.
- Date created
- Jan 10, 2013
- Last update
- May 19, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Redstone Proximity Sensor
- Recent files