Automatically assigns wilderness starting areas for new players so that they always have room to build and ready access to wood, coal, and iron. Never again will your players experience a marathon run, spawn room full of portals, or maze of abandoned builds. This is a zero maintenance solution for administrators, and players don't need to learn any commands! YES, this is compatible with your existing worlds with any already-established player population.
"This is THE plugin for large servers." -Mumblerit of muttsworldmine.com.
- Assigns starting points for new players so that they can ALWAYS find space to build and beginner resources nearby. Players may be spawned directly there, or you can tell them about a slash command which will take them there.
- Respawns animals, regrows grass, and replants trees in the new player area to keep important new player resources available.
- Idle boot which starts removing idle players when the server is nearly full.
- Teleportation posts which help players socialize and trade without becoming an easy-out for dangerous situations.
- Login queue to ensure fairness when your server is full.
- Reserved slots for administrators.
- "Thins" extremely-dense crowds of monsters and animals, preventing ridiculous levels of farming or monster grinding from lagging the entire server.
Joining a server that's been up for a long time and seen lots of players can be tough. Giant empty builds are everywhere, ore and even trees can be really hard to find, and your character is getting hungrier by the minute. When you finally find a place to start building, you feel all alone because other players who recently joined the server started their search in different directions, and so they set up camp far away from you. PopulationDensity is the low-maintenance, easy-for-players answer to all these problems.
PopulationDensity works by locating a region with lots of wood and ore, and then dropping new players in that region until they mine the easily accessible ore, cut down most of the trees, or crowd it with builds, at which time PopulationDensity finds a new resource-wealthy region for future newbies. Of course, there's nothing stopping players from running out into the deep wilderness if they want to be left alone. Optionally, you may spawn players in a central area (like a city or tutorial), and tell them to use /HomeRegion when they're ready to start adventuring. This plugin is very configurable to ensure it can fit in with your current world and the other plugins you have installed. Administrators, read the administrative details via the link above!
Additionally, optional teleportation commands help players move around quickly to admire builds and socialize while not compromising the game's integrity (teleportation can't be used as an "easy-out" for players who mine or adventure themselves into trouble). Start playing with your offline friends, or make new friends - either way, distance is no obstacle!
Finally, if you have a "my server is always full" problem, then congratulations on your successful server! :) With PopulationDensity, you may optionally boot players who are idling, filling a player slot and sucking-up resources while not actually playing. So more players can log in and have fun, increasing your feel-good factor (or fattening your wallet, for some).
Also, PopulationDensity implements a login queue to ensure fairness when players are trying to get on your server, and guarantees administrators can log in without having to kick players to make room. You can also assign players a queue priority to help them get on the server faster, to reward them for contributing to the server monetarily or through your community.
You can experience this plugin for yourself (as a player) by joining any of these public servers. :) I maintain these servers personally, which helps me catch bugs and spot opportunities for new features and improvements. Have fun!
- Extreme Survival 220.127.116.11:25565
- Tekkit 18.104.22.168:25565
Some of these commands may be disabled or restricted by administrators. :) This has been moved and will be updated more in future: Here
More Great Plugins!
(Remember bigscary is lets just say. Retiring from bukkit plugin deving. These will be supported from random players that got picked.)
My plugins solve Vanilla problems in ways which minimize impact on servers, administrators, and players, so everybody can enjoy Minecraft without having to learn to play the game in a new way or spend more time administrating than playing. My goals are effectiveness, simplicity, and efficiency. If you like this plugin, check out more of my work:
- Grief Prevention
- Prevents ALL types of grief, cheaply.
- Easy for players and admins, mostly automatic.
- Players claim land to prevent theft and house wrecking.
- Automatically warn, mute, and kick or ban spammers.
- Blocks dumping lava and setting fire on another player in non-PvP servers.
- Disable fire damage, spread, or both.
- Wipe away ugly builds with a right-click - no database required!
- Automatically prevents spawn camping in PvP servers.
- Prevent damage to the surface by limiting lava and water placement, and TnT damage.
- Automatically clean up hanging tree tops.
- Includes a creative mode for creative worlds.
- Optional siege mode for build-based PvP.
- Limits how quickly players can mine valuables, based on their play time / values mined ratio.
- Keeps your valuables in the ground, so non-cheating players can find them (unlike ore loggers).
- Practically free to run, unlike the tremendously expensive Orebfuscator.
- Most legit players won't notice, but xrayers will ragequit and move on.
Any donations are greatly appreciated. Being unemployed, donations just help me focus a bit more on plugin development. Bit of encouragement if you will ;)
Quote from Luficer (The new Author):
X_angelz_X has been quite occupied recently with other frontiers, so I'm taking over authoring this plugin for now! Feel free to submit bugs and suggestions to the Tickets page! Bit easier to manage, although I suppose I don't mind the comments so much either . Cheers!
- Date created
- Nov 16, 2011
- Last update
- Apr 10, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Population Density
- Recent files