PermissionsEx

Forum > Technical help

Ranking Error

• 14 posts
    #1 Jan 28, 2012 at 17:53 UTC - 0 likes

Hello,

I've been having this error for a while, and all the help I get doesn't seem to fix it. Here are my permissions: http://pastie.org/3267173

Here is the error I get: [INFO] [31mPromotion error: User are not in this ladder [0m [SEVERE] Ranking Error (console > Takomari): User are not in this ladder

Here is the command I use in the console (No Quotes): "pex promote takomari squire" I have tried toying around with the command some, replacing squire with "900" and trying "expertise". Yet, nothing works. Also, what is the main point of the "rank-ladder " In the options? What purpose does it serve?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Jan 29, 2012 at 00:13 UTC - 0 likes

@Takomari: Go

The rank-ladder line is there for servers that want multiple rank ladders. For example, if a server has multiple 'towns' and each wants/needs it's own ranking system, this allows for that.

If you only have a single ranking ladder, you don't need that option.

As your permissions are set up now, the command should be "pex promote <player> Expertise" (note the caps on the ladder name)

Reference: https://github.com/t3hk0d3/PermissionsEx/wiki/Ranks-(Promotion-and-Demotion)

Last edited Jan 29, 2012 by bacon_avenger

BFAK:77260,46822c9a5c20d9b0e5f016b060b3a4bc72965f1f3adadb7f2632a535738381a3

#3 Jan 29, 2012 at 05:52 UTC - 0 likes

Thank you!

One last question...

Is it possible to change a ranking ladder?

Like, lets say they get to the highest rank on the "normal" ladder, and they could have the choice on where to go from there, such as "natural" or "magic".

Here is my most recent Permissions.yml: http://pastie.org/327411

#4 Jan 29, 2012 at 11:42 UTC - 0 likes

I think that trying to promote them on the new ladder should add them to that ladder as well.

#5 Jan 29, 2012 at 17:03 UTC - 0 likes

@bacon_avenger: Go

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that way. When I try to promote them to it, it gives the same error. I try the command in console (No Quotes): "pex promote Takomari Magic"

Any other ideas on how to fix it?

#6 Jan 29, 2012 at 23:57 UTC - 0 likes

Not off the top of my head I'm afraid, I've not experimented with multiple ladders that much. Can you repost your current set? The pastie link shows what looks like some ruby script lines. :)

#7 Jan 30, 2012 at 00:23 UTC - 0 likes

Sure, here is the permissions.yml: http://pastie.org/3279249

#8 Jan 30, 2012 at 04:28 UTC - 0 likes

Hmm.... Well, if you add the player to the first group that uses the different rank ladder, that does seem to do the job.

pex user <user> group add <group>

promoting on the additional group does work. It's not the most elegant, but it does seem top work.

#9 Jan 30, 2012 at 23:56 UTC - 0 likes

Well, I tried that, using the command: pex user Takomari group add Expertise. Then tried to promote using the command: pex promote Takomari Expertise. And got the error:

[INFO] [37mUser added to group "Expertise"! [0m

[INFO] [31mPromotion error: User are not in this ladder [0m

[SEVERE] Ranking Error (console > Takomari): User are not in this ladder

Any last ideas? Any other way to fix it?

Last edited Jan 31, 2012 by Takomari
    #10 Jan 31, 2012 at 08:12 UTC - 0 likes

Huh, that's weird. My test setup, that did the job.

Can you take a look at your permissions and see what groups PEX thinks you are a part of? You should be seeing something like

group:
            - group1
            - group2

under the player section.

Last edited Jan 31, 2012 by bacon_avenger
    #11 Jan 31, 2012 at 22:18 UTC - 0 likes

Here it is:

users:
    Takomari:
    group:
    - Expertise
    - EnderBorn
    worlds:
    Expertise:
    permissions:
    - group

Looking at it, it looks like it added me to a permissions group called "Expertise" instead of the Expertise Ladder.

Last edited Jan 31, 2012 by Takomari
    #12 Feb 01, 2012 at 09:29 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from Takomari: Go

Here it is:

users: Takomari: group: - Expertise - EnderBorn worlds: Expertise: permissions: - group

Looking at it, it looks like it added me to a permissions group called "Expertise" instead of the Expertise Ladder.

Yes, that's what you told it to do with the "pex user Takomari group add Expertise" command. :)

looks again at the permissions

You should have done "pex user Takomari group add Mod" as the Mod group uses the Expertise ladder. For what you were originally asking for, if someone wanted to keep on the magic ladder, you would add them to the Apprentice group, then promote using "pex promote <user> Magic"

Last edited Feb 01, 2012 by bacon_avenger
    #13 Feb 01, 2012 at 20:54 UTC - 0 likes

Ohh. I see now.

Thank you for your help! I''m grateful for it!

#14 Feb 01, 2012 at 20:58 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from Takomari: Go

Ohh. I see now.

Thank you for your help! I''m grateful for it!

Not a problem, hopefully that works out the way you want it to! :)

• 14 posts

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!