PermissionsBukkit - the Official Default Groups Plugin
Current Version: v2.0 (beta v2.2)
Find PermissionsBukkit on the forums!
It's been a long time coming, but with the accomplishment of build 1000 Bukkit has finally accomplished a built-in Permissions system (codenamed Superperms). For more info on how they work, and how to integrate them with your plugin, see the official Permissions FAQ. Keep in mind that you should rarely, if ever, have to hook this plugin directly; instead keep things in the realm of checking player.hasPermission("yourplugin.node"). The FAQ thread has more info on how to use Superperms with things like chat prefixes/suffixes.
- Storage of users and groups in plugins/PermissionsBukkit/config.yml.
- Both users and groups can be assigned individual permissions and parent groups to inherit permissions from.
- Support for global and per-world permissions.
- Reload configuration from file without reloading the plugin.
- Ability to check if a player has a specific permission node.
- Ability to dump all permissions a player has and the plugins that set them.
- Ability to print plugin, description, and default for a given permission node.
- Ability to modify the permissions of groups and users and the groups of a user in-game.
- Built-in antibuild via the "permissions.build" node (defaults to allowing anyone to build).
PermissionsBukkit gathers some information about your usage via PluginMetrics. The information is available here, and you can disable metrics on your server by changing 'opt-out' to true in plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml. You can view your own stats with the /perm about command.
PermissionsBukkit collects this information about your specific usage:
- The number of groups, users, worlds, permissions, and permission roots (first parts) in your configuration.
- Whether you use per-user permissions, per-world permissions, group inheritance, and API features.
- Whether anti-build is enabled, assigned to the default group, and has a message.
- Whether debug mode or custom permissions (permissions.yml file) are in use.
- Whether the example user "ConspiracyWizard" is in your configuration (this is not a real person).
Additionally, some information is collected by PluginMetrics by default:
- Java version
- Operating system
- Authentication mode (online/offline)
- System architecture (32/64-bit) and core count
- Game version
- Server location
Thursday 6 February 2013 (2.2)
- Big performance improvements to situations where permissions are calculated (player join, player change world, /perm command use).
- Fixed anti-build message not showing up.
- Better preserve order of permission settings.
- Fixed potential problems with permission refreshing happening to a wrong player with a similar name.
- Added more helpful handling of invalid configuration files.
- Fixed some error spam in metrics if configuration was invalid.
- Added /perm dump -file command to create a text file listing permission info.
Saturday 25 May 2013 (2.1)
- Added tab-completion - hit tab to bring up a list of possibilities on almost all `/perm` command arguments
- Added crash prevention and a warning for groups that inherit themselves
- Added information on how many logged-in users (including console) have a permission to the `/perm info` command
- Marginally improved performance of the included antibuild
- More advanced plugin metrics added to MCStats
Friday 7 September 2012 (2.0)
- Fixed a case-sensitivity issue with setting per-world permissions that could cause some permissions to fail to apply.
- Added /perm setrank <player> <group> subcommand (alias rank) with per-group permissions (permissions.setrank and permissions.setrank.<group>)
- Added plugin metrics via http://mcstats.org/plugin/PermissionsBukkit (disableable in plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml)
Wednesday 29 February 2012 (1.6)
- Fixed some massive issues that were caused due to having uploaded a buggy, in-development version instead of 1.5.
- Note: If your configuration was messed up as a result of this issue, the new build should gradually correct it as needed.
Saturday 25 February 2012 (1.5)
- Revamped to be compatible with R5.
- Fixed issues with permissions not carrying properly on world change.
- Many internal improvements for performance and stability.
- SuperpermsBridge: in honor of R5 removing deprecated code, SuperpermsBridge is officially gone!
Monday 18 July 2011 (1.1/1.2)
- Fix BukkitContrib incompatibility issues.
- Improved the output of the /perm check command.
- Fixed issues when 'users:' is not specified in the config file.
- Fixed the /permissions reload command.
- SuperpermsBridge: improve wildcard handling; in addition to 'superpermbridge.*' and 'superpermbridge.pluginname', now supported are 'superpermbridge.plugin.*', 'superpermbridge.plugin.subnode.*', and so on.
Monday 18 July 2011 (1.0/1.1)
- SuperpermsBridge: adding the special 'superpermbridge.*' and 'superpermbridge.pluginname' nodes (see #2 in the FAQ for details).
Sunday 17 July 2011 (1.0/1.0)
- Initial release of PermissionsBukkit v1.0 and SuperpermsBridge v1.0.
- Date created
- Aug 25, 2011
- Last update
- Feb 07, 2014
- Development stage
- MIT License
- Curse link
- Recent files