Make anything drop anything, anyhow!
OtherDrops allows you to add anything from a simple "glass drops glass" or mob rewards, to a complex overhaul of your servers drops with drops differing depending on tools, biome, time, weather and much more, along with custom messages, actions and commands.
OtherDrops is lightweight* (it only acts on what you configure) and respects most protection plugins (eg. WorldGuard, Regios) settings. Many examples are included that you can enable and/or customize as you wish.
Getting Started (tutorials)
- Install & setup first custom drops
- Customising mob & block drops
- Customising money & XP rewards
- Customising fishing rewards
- Customising mob spawns
- Drop anything!* (*from Bukkit - if it doesn't, let me know)
- Use triggers such as block break, combat, fishing & more
- Conditions to fine-tune your drops such as tool, world, regions, weather, permissions & more
- Add actions including damage, healing, messages, potion effects & more
- Easy syntax allows you to quickly customize drops & rewards for your server
- Where-ever possible the official Bukkit lists are used so OtherDrops supports all current and future:
- blocks, items, mobs, enchantments, potion effects, biomes,
- spawn reasons, tree, villager professions, cat & skeleton types
- Custom names & lore text
- Enchanted weapons & armour (or add random enchantments)
- Enchant anything with unlimited levels (dirt with level 30 damage?)
- Enchanted books with any enchantment
- Written books (wtih custom title/author/pages)
- Leather armour colors
- Custom fireworks colors
- Skull types & custom player heads
- Custom names, HP (health) & equipment for any mob
- Baby animals (all "Ageable" mobs - chicken, cow, pig, zombie etc)
- Tame wolves (including collar color) or cats (& different cat types)
- Sheep colors (and sheared/unsheared)
- Villager professions, villager zombies, powered creepers & agressive level for pig-zombies
- Wither skeletons, Slime & lava-slimes of any size
- Support for all major economy plugins (see Vault project page)
- Players can gain, lose or steal money based on fixed amount or percentage
- Compatible with "MoneyDrop" to drop physical money items.
- Multi-world support - create separate files to handle each world
- Add super rare drops with chance values down to 0.000000001%
- Specify tools required (or a list of tools eg. [any sword, -diamond sword])
- Lorename, Heroes (class & level) conditions
- Apply actions alongside the drop (or even without a drop)
- Damage tools and/or consume items (eg. use dyes to color wool)
- Damage or heal the victim, player or even the whole world
- Apply potion effects to the victim, player, radius, world or server
- Display custom messages (or a list of messages with one selected at random)
- Create explosions, lightning, visual effects (including particles), sound effects
- Run commands
- Give leaves various chances of dropping apples, sticks, cocoa beans, saplings, etc on break and/or leaf decay.
- Make glass, stairs, and boats reclaimable (can be tool-specific if you wish).
- Allow gold and iron to be mined directly into ingots with a golden pickaxe.
- Allow users to right-click on cobblestone with vines in hand to turn the cobblestone mossy.
- Nerf mob traps by disabling drops from environmental damage.
- Unleash the zombie apocalypse by setting zombies to drop zombies when they die! (This can be world-specific.)
- Make mobs that don't normally spawn naturally spawn.
- Make mob spawning, drops, and events biome specific!
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
Would you like to help improve OtherDrops? Here are some ways to get involved:
- Media/art: OtherDrops could really do with some tutorial and example videos.
- Testers: Testers who are able to go through the plugin and rigorously check that things (both existing and new features) work as they should. PM Zarius your Skype (or other IM) details if you're interested or jump on the IRC channel.
- Programming: any assistance is welcomed - see the todo list here for some ideas. Anyone with refactoring and/or automated testing experience that wants to assist would be great.
Many thanks to these people who helped with OtherDrops:
- Cyklo: creator of the original OtherBlocks. OtherDrops is a continuation of Cyklo's original OtherBlocks (2011) plugin.
- Celtic Minstrel: many code commits and a major overhaul of the code moving into version 2.0. Moved on to create DropFactory.
- Rofang: major update of OtherDrops documentation.
- RugRats13: lots of testing and some documentation.
- Faldonboy & Steelsouls: currently maintaining and improving the documentation.
- OtherDrops uses Metrics for anonymous usage stats (learn more).
- Date created
- Aug 27, 2011
- Last update
- Jan 06, 2015
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files
- Optional dependency