Now every MineCraft server can track the playtime (current login, daily, weekly, monthly, and all time) for all players with this powerful, full function plugin. With OnTime a “top 10” list can be generated in game, current and total playing statistics can be displayed (also in game), and daily/weekly/monthly reports of all players can be generated and viewed (off line).
Administrators can define OnTime Rewards which will result in econ amounts, items (including enchanted items and potions), item kits, group add/delete, group promotion/demotion, permission grant/denial, command executions, loyalty points, personalized messages, and XP to be automatically issued to a player when they have achieved a specified amount of daily, weekly, monthly, or total playtime on the server.
Rewards can also be issued when players refer other players to the server, voted for the server, played for a specified number of different days, been absent from the server for a specified number of days, shops with their accumulated points or wealth, upon player's death, or they achieve status as a top player. A built in Votifier Listener makes issuing of rewards for web-site voting a snap. Vault is used so OnTime Rewards and permissions are supported by multiple economy and permission plugins.
SUBSCRIBE TO GET LATEST UPDATES
Don't forget to subscribe to OnTime to make sure you are automatically made aware of OnTime updates,which will give you the link to download the latest version even before it is approved by BukkitDev moderators!
IMPORTANT NOTES on V3.12.x
The "online tracking" function DOES NOT WORK properly in a multi-server configuration. If you are using a single OnTime MySQL database to store data from multiple servers, conflicts will arise between the servers, and errors and some server lag may result. Until I can get this corrected, please disable this function on all multi-server systems.
# Enable if Online player status should be tracked in MYSQL Table onlineTrackingEnable: false
OnTime v3.12.x is compatible with Bukkit v1.2.5! So Tekkit Classic or other Bukkit v1.2.5 based servers can now enjoy the FULL CAPABILITIES of the OnTime and its companion plugins!
I have (hopefully) made reward management easier by expanding the use of the "rewardTag". A "rewardTag" is a string name that admins can assign to each reward they define. Then we executing other commands for that reward they can use the "rewardTag" in place of the "rewardID". "rewardID"s sometimes were confusing because they can change over time as rewards are added and removed, while the 'rewardTag' is fixed and will not change unless the admin changes it.
OnTime will automatically modify the contents of your config.yml, playerData.yml, output.yml and rewards.yml when you upgrade from any release previous to v3.12.0. OnTime will put a copy of your current versions of these files into the plugins/OnTime/backup folder prior to this update, so you can revert back if you find the need to downgrade back to an earlier version of OnTime.
If you are using OnTime V3.9.0 or later with CraftBukkit 1.6.2-R1..0, the definition and use of enchanted items as rewards will not function correctly. There was a change in the CraftBukkit enchantment functions that make it incompatible with OnTime, and I have not had time yet to address this issue.
Please see the release notes page for additional information about changes that have occurred since your last upgrade.
"ontime.*" Permission Group
In v3.11.0 support for the "ontime.*" wildcard permission has been removed. This was causing problems based on how OnTime sometime uses negated permissions. This has been replaced with better defined 'recommended' wildcard permission sets for 'admin', 'moderator', and 'player' roles.
In v3.10.0 a new permission string ("ontime.track") was added, which allows admins to enable/disable OnTime tracking of individual players. When this is set to "false" OnTime will not process players upon login, nor will it create OnTime records for new players. This permission is "true" by default, and most permission plugins will pick up this default setting, and server owners will see no change from previous versions of OnTime. But some permission plugins (e.g. bPermissions, others?) do not pick up the default and treat this as "false" for all players, which effectively disables the OnTime plugin. In this case of such permission plugins, the "ontime.track" should be added to the base set of permissions for all groups whose users are to be tracked by OnTime.
bpermissions plugin compatibility
- Please make sure you are using a version of Vault (v1.2.24) or later in order to maximize the compatibility between OnTime and bpermissions.
- If you are going to use OnTime rewards, make sure that the "groups:" keyword is set to "- all" instead of "- global" when using bPermissions.
- Make sure to add the permission string "ontime.track" to your base group, or all groups for which you want tracking enabled.
Integration with AFK Terminator
I have an independent plugin "AFKTerminator" that detects and potentially eliminates AFK Machines. An "AFK Machine" allows a player to avoid "AFK" detection through continual movement. See the [|Other Function] page for more details.
Integration with OnSign
There is a second companion plugin for OnTime, which I have named OnSign. OnSign allows players to create MC signs that will show a player's current online/offline status, time of last login/logout, and their daily/weekly/monthly and total scores for playtime, votes, and referrals. With OnSign you can also create signs showing the "top" players for playtime, votes, and referrals. With OnSign v1.3.0 or later OnSign supports signs that interact with the OnTime Shop rewards, allowing players to pick their own rewards by spending Points or 'coins'.
OnSign and OnTime version compatibility
- OnTime v3.8.1 or earlier will work with OnSign v1.0.0
- OnTime v3.8.2 - v3.9.0 will work with OnSign v1.1.0
- OnTime v3.9.1 - v3.10.3 will work with OnSign v1.2.0
- OnTime v3.11.0 or later will work with OnSign v1.3.0
Automated Update Check
OnTime performs an automated check to see if there is a new version of the plugin available for download. It will NOT download new versions, but simply notify the server administrator that one exists via console messages. By default, this function is enabled, but can be disabled by setting "updateCheckEnable" in the OnTime/config.yml to 'false'.
(Items in BOLD are new in the latest 3.12.x release of OnTime)
- ^Player Statistics
- Display your own OnTime data: (configurable) plugin default: current login, daily, weekly, monthly, and total time on the server
- Display anther player's OnTime data: (configurable) plugin default: days since first login, different days on server, current login time, AFK status, AFK time for login, today, week and month; current day, week, and month play time, total OnTime, points accumulated, econ balance, next OnTime reward(s), and voting and referral statistics.
- Display all online players’ current session and total time
- Display ‘top #’ players, ranked by play time
- Display ‘top #’ players, ranked by total time for the day, week, and month
- Display 'top #' players, ranked by total points
- Display 'top #' players who have voted for your server for today, week, month or total
- Display the 'top # sites' to see where the votes are originating
- Display the 'top #' players who have referred other players for today, week, month or total
- Display the 'top #' players who are logging AFK time on your server for today, current week, and current month
- Display list of players referred by a specified player.
- Define rewards issued to players for their time played on the server:
- Cash! (Economy)
- MineCraft Items
- Enchanted Items
- Item sub-types (e.g. Chiseled Stone)
- MineCraft Item Kits
- Permission Group Add/Remove
- Permission Group Promotion/Demotion
- Give Permissions
- Take Away Permissions
- Execute (almost) any command
- XP (experience points)
- 'Loyalty' Points
- Send a message
- Issue Rewards based on daily, weekly, monthly, or total playtime
- Define Econ, Item, Command, and XP rewards as recurring or perpetual
- Define rewards for referring new players to the server
- Define reward to be issued when a player identifies who referred them.
- Define rewards to be issued when players vote online for your server (via Votifier)
- Define rewards to be issued when a player has been absent from the server for a specified number of days
- Define rewards to be issued when a player dies
- Define rewards that players can purchase using Points or 'coins'
- Definition of Individual (or indi) Rewards, which can be issued to a specific player at a specified future time.
- Issue some rewards to only members of certain permission groups. e.g. donors
- Issue rewards to the 'top' playtime, points, voting, or referring players daily, weekly, monthly, and/or overall total
- Give ‘temporary’ rewards such as rank/group memberships or permissions
- Enable/disable display of 'reward issued' messages to all players
- Enable/disable display of ‘reward issued’ messages on a per-reward basis
- Customize displayed ‘reward issued’ message on a per-reward basis
- Broadcast a message to all Online players when someone else receives a reward. (Good way to advertise rewards issued for voting and referring players.)
- Display of the next rewards to be issued to all online players
- Ability to suspend issue of rewards while a player is AFK.
- Define rewards that are only issued when player is in a specified world
- Make purchase of a 'shop' reward for a specified player via admin command
- Pre-define messages that can be issued to players at login, or based on time
- Define messages adhoc (on the fly) that can be issued to players at login, or based on time
- Assign customized messages to be displayed when rewards are issued
- Send a message to a player based on play time (daily, weekly, monthly, or total play time)
- Define 'welcome' messages to the player, and server announcements on player's login showing OnTime data
- Enable/Disable server broadcast announcements per player via permissions node
- Manage messages set via edit of .yml file or in-game/console add/remove/list commands.
Manipulate a Player's Data
- Manually add a player to the OnTime database
- Set a player's total OnTime
- Set a player's number of different days on server
- Set a player's first login to the server date
- Set a player's total points
- Add or subtract time to/from a player's total OnTime
- Add or subtract points to/from a player's total points
- Remove a player from the OnTime data files
- Configure plugin to exclude players time 'AFK' from total and daily/weekly/monthly calculations
- Import player names and their total OnTime (play time) data from YML files, OnTime Reports, or LogBlock plugin.
- HTML, TXT, and MYSQL Report format options
- Generate a report file of all players total time and time stamp of last login event
- Generate a report file of all players time on your server today, for the week, or for the month
- Generate a report of player's AFK time daily, weekly, and monthly
- Configure the 'first day of the week' for weekly reports
- Configure the 'first day of the month' for monthly reports.
- Auto generation of total, daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Auto purge/delete of old report files/tables you no longer want
- Generation of an 'OnLine Report' which stores an admin defined set of data for all online players to a MYSQL table
Manage The OnTime Plugin
- Automated detection of the availability of a new version of OnTime
- Select method for storing the OnTime player data: .yml files (default), or MySQL database
- Auto-purge inactive or players with low total OnTime from the data files
- Execute admin defined commands when players are purged from the OnTime data files.
- Scheduled saves of OnTime data to disk
- Auto update of all online players data, file save, and data purge on server shutdown/reset
- 'test’ commands to simulate login/logout events; creating fake OnTime records; test daily reports; test votifier rewards
- Logging of OnTime auto purge activity, player login and quit events, and reward system events
- Manual and Automated Generation of Backup versions of OnTime '.dat' files.
- Import playername and total OnTime data from a .yml file.
- Importplayername, total OnTime and last login data from the 'logblock plugin' MySQL database.
- Configure OnTime Report file names and location
- Administrator defined "help" information that players can easily access.
- Suspend/Resume all OnTime activity while administering rewards or other OnTime data manipulation
- Enable/Disable/Configure OnTime LogFile and Console data in game or from the console
Other Plugin Integration
- Use of Vault for support of multiple economy and permission plugins [REQUIRED]
- Integration with Vault Permissions for group changes and permissions add
- Import playername, total OnTime and last login data from the 'logblock plugin' MySQL database.
- Issue rewards when players vote for you server on website which also support Votifier.
- Integration with "AfkTerminator" for discounting time spent AFK while using an AFK Machine
- Integration with OnSign, to display player information, top players, build Reward shop, all on user defined signs.
- API: OnTime offers an APIto allow other plugin integration with access to OnTime's collected data for player's time on the server, votes, and referrals.
- Execute other plugin console commands when players are auto-purged by OnTime
Please see the pages for permissions, configuration, commands, etc.
- Place ontime.jar in your plugin folder
- Download vault.jar and place that also in your plugin folder
- (Option) Download a Vault supported permissions plugin and place that in your plugin folder
- (Option) Download and install the AFKTerminator plugin
- (Option) Download and install the OnSign plugin
- (Option) Download and install the votifier plugin
- Modify permissions groups to enable OnTime functions. (click here for permission nodes)
- Reset your server
If the optional Permissions plugin is installed:
- Edit /plugin/ontime/rewards.yml, listing the permissions groups from lowest to highest under the 'groups:' keyword
If the optional commands rewards are to be used:
- Edit /plugin/ontime/rewards.yml, defining the commands that can be 'rewarded' under the 'commands:' keyword
If the optional 'kit' rewards are to be used:
- Edit /plugin/ontime/rewards.yml, defining the kits that can be 'rewarded' under the 'kits:' keyword
If the optional MySQL database is to be used to maintain the player data:
- Edit the /plugin/ontime/config.yml, enabling the use of mysql and setting up the definition of the MySQL database.
If the you want to change the output the plugin sends a player:
- Edit /plugin/ontime/output.yml, following the instructions found in that file.
If the optional OnTime Messages is to be used to displayed timed messages to players:
- Edit the /plugin/ontime/messages.yml, to add any pre-defined messages you need. (editing this file is not required to use this feature.)
- If the config.yml, output.yml and/or rewards.yml have been modified, then you must reload this data with the command "/ontime reload all"
Future Enhancements Under Consideration
- See BukkitDev Tickets tab for OnTime
If you want to request a feature to be added to this plugin, or you think any of the above should be given a higher priority, please submit a ticket or vote for existing ones.
Please Leave Comments
I'd love to hear what you think (good and bad) about this plugin. It will help me know if it's worth keeping up on the maintenance. Thanks. Edge
Compiled/Tested with Bukkit 1.7.2-R0.3; Java7; Vault 1.2.31;Votifier 1.9
- Corrected error in saving vote data in playerdata.yml (Ticket #417)
- Fixed issue where votes rewards not issued properly when votes made on multiple web sites (Ticket #419)
- Fixed issue with player 'online' status tracking when '/ontime reload players' command is executed (Ticket #423)
- Fixed spelling error in AFK message (Ticket #430)
- Fixed issue where vote and referral counts were incorrectly counted in multi-server systems (Ticket #439)
- Fixed issue where server would hang if online resource needed to check for new plugin versions is unavailable. (No Ticket)
- Fixed issue where JDBC library was not auto-loaded when missing (No Ticket)
- Fixed problem where 'ontime import yml' was not working with new playerdata.yml format (No Ticket)
- Fixed issue with online player report that sometimes resulted in duplicate entries (No Ticket)
- Added 'lastVote' (date) to data set available via OnTime's API (Ticket #424)
- Improved error handling of corrupt playerdata.yml files (Ticket #423)
- Added command so "shop" rewards can be purchased for a specified player via command (Ticket #420)
- Improved online reporting to update based on players in that table (improved performance) (Ticket #410)
- Improved task scheduling for online reports to improve performance (Ticket #410)
- ontime rewards purchase <RewardID/RewardTag> <playerName>
Compiled with Bukkit 1.7.2-R0.2; Java7; Vault 1.2.29;Votifier 1.9
- Fixed NPE when "/ontime <playerName>" is executed for players without "ontime.track" permission. (Ticket #400)
- Fixed start up error when MySQL stored server data held unexpected values (Ticket #405)
- Fixed issue where errors generated on player login when 'rewards' are disabled (Ticket #407)
Compiled with Bukkit 1.7.2-R0.2; Java7; Vault 1.2.29;Votifier 1.9
- Fixed NPE on auto-report when MySQL connection is dormant (No ticket)
- Fixed issue with playerData.yml failing on player names that have special characters. (Ticket #253 and Ticket #342)
- Fixed issue where Essentials kicked players not handed by OnTime correctly (Ticket #333)
- Fixed problem with 'top weekly votes' OnSigns not working (Ticket #388)
- Addressed problem of NPE on player logout event on busy servers during a server restart (Ticket #386)
- Fixed problem of duplicate player entries in Online Tracking Report (Ticket #394)
- Corrected endless loop when 'days on' rewards are issued (Ticket #396)
- Fixed server lag issue seen when OnLine Tracking reports are enabled (Ticket #397)
- Fixed issues with 'top total' vote and referral rewards failures (No Ticket)
- Fixed problem with player re-login following a full plugin reload (No Ticket)
- Added rewards that are world specific (Ticket #224 & Ticket #373)
- Added tracking of server hostName for players upon first login (requires MySQL) (Ticket #371)
- Added storage of votifier stats per day, week, & month to dataStorage: YML (Ticket #379)
- Added option to output server time in "/ontime" and "/ontime <playerName>" commands (Ticket #381)
- Added support for 'exclusive' Votifier rewards (Ticket #390)
- Added 'top total points' reward support (Ticket #392)
- Improved configuration of output of time until a players next reward (No Ticket)
- Added "world" info to "reward info" command output (Ticket #224 + Ticket #373)
New Configuration Parameters
- totalTopPointReward - Default = disable; specifies when top point total rewards should be issued
- ontime rewards add (parameters) world=<worldName>
- ontime rewards edit <rewardID/rewardTag> world <worldName>
- ontime rewards edit <rewardID/rewardTag> tag <rewardTag>
- ontime rewards top <rewardID/rewardTag> points total <place>
New Output Variables
- [serverTime ] - Used to display the current date/time for the server
New Configurable Output
- rightWorld: output when world specific reward is issued
- otherWorld: output when world specific reward is earned, but player is not in that world
- timeToReward: made more configurable the output of the time until a players next reward
Table of contents
- 1 OnTime
- 2 SUBSCRIBE TO GET LATEST UPDATES
- 3 Plugin Notes
- 3.1 IMPORTANT NOTES on V3.12.x
- 3.2 "ontime.*" Permission Group
- 3.3 ontime.track Permission
- 3.4 Online Support
- 3.5 bpermissions plugin compatibility
- 3.6 Integration with AFK Terminator
- 3.7 Integration with OnSign
- 3.8 Automated Update Check
- 3.9 Features:
- 3.10 Installation
- 3.11 Future Enhancements Under Consideration
- 3.12 Feature Requests:
- 3.13 Please Leave Comments
- 3.14 Change Log
- 4 V3.12.2
- 5 V3.12.1
- 6 V3.12.0
- Date created
- Feb 25, 2012
- Last update
- Mar 05, 2014
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files