Now every MineCraft server can track the playing time (current login, daily, weekly, monthly, and all time) for all players with this powerful, full function plugin. With OnTime a “top 10” list can be generated in game, current and total playing statistics can be displayed (also in game), and daily/weekly/monthly reports of all players can be generated and viewed (off line).
Administrators can define OnTime Rewards which will result in econ amounts, items (including enchanted items and potions), item kits, group add/delete, group promotion/demotion, permission grant/denial, command executions, loyalty points, personalized messages, and XP to be automatically issued to a player when they have achieved a specified amount of daily, weekly, monthly, or total playtime on the server.
Rewards can also be issued when players refer other players to the server, voted for the server, played for a specified number of different days, been absent from the server for a specified number of days, shops with their accumulated points or wealth, upon player's death, or they achieve status as a top player. A built in Votifier Listener makes issuing of rewards for web-site voting a snap. Vault is used so OnTime Rewards and permissions are supported by multiple economy and permission plugins.
SUBSCRIBE TO GET LATEST UPDATES
Don't forget to subscribe to OnTime to make sure you are automatically made aware of OnTime updates,which will give you the link to download the latest version even before it is approved by BukkitDev moderators!
"ontime.*" Permission Group
In v3.11.0 support for the "ontime.*" wildcard permission has been removed. This was causing problems based on how OnTime sometime uses negated permissions. This has been replaced with better defined 'recommended' wildcard permission sets for 'admin', 'moderator', and 'player' roles.
In v3.10.0 a new permission string ("ontime.track") was added, which allows admins to enable/disable OnTime tracking of individual players. When this is set to "false" OnTime will not process players upon login, nor will it create OnTime records for new players. This permission is "true" by default, and most permission plugins will pick up this default setting, and server owners will see no change from previous versions of OnTime. But some permission plugins (e.g. bPermissions, others?) do not pick up the default and treat this as "false" for all players, which effectively disables the OnTime plugin. In this case of such permission plugins, the "ontime.track" should be added to the base set of permissions for all groups whose users are to be tracked by OnTime.
bpermissions plugin compatibility
- Please make sure you are using a version of Vault (v1.2.24) or later in order to maximize the compatibility between OnTime and bpermissions.
- If you are going to use OnTime rewards, make sure that the "groups:" keyword is set to "- all" instead of "- global" when using bPermissions.
- Make sure to add the permission string "ontime.track" to your base group, or all groups for which you want tracking enabled.
Integration with AFK Terminator
I have an independent plugin "AFKTerminator" that detects and potentially eliminates AFK Machines. An "AFK Machine" allows a player to avoid "AFK" detection through continual movement. See the [|Other Function] page for more details.
Integration with OnSign
There is a second companion plugin for OnTime, which I have named OnSign. OnSign allows players to create MC signs that will show a player's current online/offline status, time of last login/logout, and their daily/weekly/monthly and total scores for playtime, votes, and referrals. With OnSign you can also create signs showing the "top" players for playtime, votes, and referrals. With OnSign v1.3.0 or later OnSign supports signs that interact with the OnTime Shop rewards, allowing players to pick their own rewards by spending Points or 'coins'.
OnSign and OnTime version compatibility
- OnTime v3.8.1 or earlier will work with OnSign v1.0.0
- OnTime v3.8.2 - v3.9.0 will work with OnSign v1.1.0
- OnTime v3.9.1 - v3.10.3 will work with OnSign v1.2.0
- OnTiem v3.11.0 or later will work with OnSign v1.3.0
Automated Update Check
OnTime performs an automated check to see if there is a new version of the plugin available for download. It will NOT download new versions, but simply notify the server administrator that one exists via console messages. By default, this function is enabled, but can be disabled by setting "updateCheckEnable" in the OnTime/config.yml to 'false'.
DAT File Support
SUPPORT OF "*.DAT" FILES FOR PLAYER DATA WAS DISCONTINUED WITH V3.5.0. IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO UPGRADE FROM ANY VERSION EARLIER THAN V3.5.0, AND YOU ARE STILL USING .DAT FILES FOR STORAGE, YOU MUST DO A DATA CONVERSION IN ORDER TO RETAIN COLLECTED PLAYER DATA BEFORE YOU UPGRADE TO VERSION 3.8.x.
- PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DATA TO YML OR MYSQL. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/ontime/pages/other-functions/#w-data-export
IMPORTANT NOTES on V3.11.x
OnTime v3.11.x is compatible with Bukkit v1.2.5! So Tekkit Classic or other Bukkit v1.2.5 based servers can now enjoy the FULL CAPABILITIES of the OnTime and its companion plugins!
I have (hopefully) made reward management easier by expanding the use of the "rewardTag". A "rewardTag" is a string name that admins can assign to each reward they define. Then we executing other commands for that reward they can use the "rewardTag" in place of the "rewardID". "rewardID"s sometimes were confusing because they can change over time as rewards are added and removed, while the 'rewardTag' is fixed and will not change unless the admin changes it.
OnTime will automatically modify the contents of your config.yml and rewards.yml when you upgrade from any previous release. OnTime will put a copy of your current versions of these files into the plugins/OnTime/backup folder prior to this update, so you can revert back if you find the need to downgrade back to an earlier version of OnTime.
If you are using OnTime V3.9.0 or later with CraftBukkit 1.6.2-R1..0, the definition and use of enchanted items as rewards will not function correctly. There was a change in the CraftBukkit enchantment functions that make it incompatible with OnTime, and I have not had time yet to address this issue.
Please see the release notes page for additional information about changes that have occurred since your last upgrade.
(Items in BOLD are new in the latest 3.11.x release of OnTime)
- ^Player Statistics
- Display your own OnTime data: (configurable) plugin default: current login, daily, weekly, monthly, and total time on the server
- Display anther player's OnTime data: (configurable) plugin default: days since first login, different days on server, current login time, AFK status, AFK time for login, today, week and month; current day, week, and month play time, total OnTime, points accumulated, econ balance, next OnTime reward(s), and voting and referral statistics.
- Display all online players’ current session and total time
- Display ‘top #’ players, ranked by play time
- Display ‘top #’ players, ranked by total time for the day, week, and month
- Display 'top #' players, ranked by total points
- Display 'top #' players who have voted for your server for today, week, month or total
- Display the 'top # sites' to see where the votes are originating
- Display the 'top #' players who have referred other players for today, week, month or total
- Display the 'top #' players who are logging AFK time on your server for today, current week, and current month
- Display list of players referred by a specified player.
- Define rewards issued to players for their time played on the server:
- Cash! (Economy)
- MineCraft Items
- Enchanted Items
- Item sub-types (e.g. Chiseled Stone)
- MineCraft Item Kits
- Permission Group Add/Remove
- Permission Group Promotion/Demotion
- Give Permissions
- Take Away Permissions
- Execute (almost) any command
- XP (experience points)
- 'Loyalty' Points
- Send a message
- Issue Rewards based on daily, weekly, monthly, or total playtime
- Define Econ, Item, Command, and XP rewards as recurring or perpetual
- Define rewards for referring new players to the server
- Define reward to be issued when a player identifies who referred them.
- Define rewards to be issued when players vote online for your server (via Votifier)
- Define rewards to be issued when a player has been absent from the server for a specified number of days
- Define rewards to be issued when a player dies
- Define rewards that players can purchase using Points or 'coins'
- Definition of Individual (or indi) Rewards, which can be issued to a specific player at a specified future time.
- Issue some rewards to only members of certain permission groups. e.g. donors
- Issue rewards to the 'top' playtime, voting, or referring players daily, weekly, and/or monthly
- Give ‘temporary’ rewards such as rank/group memberships or permissions
- Enable/disable display of 'reward issued' messages to all players
- Enable/disable display of ‘reward issued’ messages on a per-reward basis
- Customize displayed ‘reward issued’ message on a per-reward basis
- Broadcast a message to all Online players when someone else receives a reward. (Good way to advertise rewards issued for voting and referring players.)
- Display of the next rewards to be issued to all online players
- Ability to suspend issue of rewards while a player is AFK.
- Pre-define messages that can be issued to players at login, or based on time
- Define messages adhoc (on the fly) that can be issued to players at login, or based on time
- Assign customized messages to be displayed when rewards are issued
- Send a message to a player based on play time (daily, weekly, monthly, or total play time)
- Define 'welcome' messages to the player, and server announcements on player's login showing OnTime data
- Enable/Disable server broadcast announcements per player via permissions node
- Manage messages set via edit of .yml file or in-game/console add/remove/list commands.
Manipulate a Player's Data
- Manually add a player to the OnTime database
- Set a player's total OnTime
- Set a player's number of different days on server
- Set a player's first login to the server date
- Set a player's total points
- Add or subtract time to/from a player's total OnTime
- Add or subtract points to/from a player's total points
- Remove a player from the OnTime data files
- Configure plugin to exclude players time 'AFK' from total and daily/weekly/monthly calculations
- Import player names and their total OnTime (play time) data from YML files, OnTime Reports, or LogBlock plugin.
- HTML, TXT, and MYSQL Report format options
- Generate a report file of all players total time and time stamp of last login event
- Generate a report file of all players time on your server today, for the week, or for the month
- Generate a report of player's AFK time daily, weekly, and monthly
- Configure the 'first day of the week' for weekly reports
- Configure the 'first day of the month' for monthly reports.
- Auto generation of total, daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Auto purge/delete of old report files/tables you no longer want
- Generation of an 'OnLine Report' which stores an admin defined set of data for all online players to a MYSQL table
Manage The OnTime Plugin
- Automated detection of the availability of a new version of OnTime
- Select method for storing the OnTime player data: .yml files (default), or MySQL database
- Auto-purge inactive or players with low total OnTime from the data files
- Execute admin defined commands when players are purged from the OnTime data files.
- Scheduled saves of OnTime data to disk
- Auto update of all online players data, file save, and data purge on server shutdown/reset
- 'test’ commands to simulate login/logout events; creating fake OnTime records; test daily reports; test votifier rewards
- Logging of OnTime auto purge activity, player login and quit events, and reward system events
- Manual and Automated Generation of Backup versions of OnTime '.dat' files.
- Import playername and total OnTime data from a .yml file.
- Importplayername, total OnTime and last login data from the 'logblock plugin' MySQL database.
- Configure OnTime Report file names and location
- Administrator defined "help" information that players can easily access.
- Suspend/Resume all OnTime activity while administering rewards or other OnTime data manipulation
- Enable/Disable/Configure OnTime LogFile and Console data in game or from the console
Other Plugin Integration
- Use of Vault for support of multiple economy and permission plugins [REQUIRED]
- Integration with Vault Permissions for group changes and permissions add
- Import playername, total OnTime and last login data from the 'logblock plugin' MySQL database.
- Issue rewards when players vote for you server on website which also support Votifier.
- Integration with "AfkTerminator" for discounting time spent AFK while using an AFK Machine
- Integration with OnSign, to display player information, top players, build Reward shop, all on user defined signs.
- API: OnTime offers an APIto allow other plugin integration with access to OnTime's collected data for player's time on the server, votes, and referrals.
- Execute other plugin console commands when players are auto-purged by OnTime
Please see the pages for permissions, configuration, commands, etc.
- Place ontime.jar in your plugin folder
- Download vault.jar and place that also in your plugin folder
- (Option) Download a Vault supported permissions plugin and place that in your plugin folder
- (Option) Download and install the AFKTerminator plugin
- (Option) Download and install the OnSign plugin
- (Option) Download and install the votifier plugin
- Modify permissions groups to enable OnTime functions. (click here for permission nodes)
- Reset your server
If the optional Permissions plugin is installed:
- Edit /plugin/ontime/rewards.yml, listing the permissions groups from lowest to highest under the 'groups:' keyword
If the optional commands rewards are to be used:
- Edit /plugin/ontime/rewards.yml, defining the commands that can be 'rewarded' under the 'commands:' keyword
If the optional 'kit' rewards are to be used:
- Edit /plugin/ontime/rewards.yml, defining the kits that can be 'rewarded' under the 'kits:' keyword
If the optional MySQL database is to be used to maintain the player data:
- Edit the /plugin/ontime/config.yml, enabling the use of mysql and setting up the definition of the MySQL database.
If the you want to change the output the plugin sends a player:
- Edit /plugin/ontime/output.yml, following the instructions found in that file.
If the optional OnTime Messages is to be used to displayed timed messages to players:
- Edit the /plugin/ontime/messages.yml, to add any pre-defined messages you need. (editing this file is not required to use this feature.)
- If the config.yml, output.yml and/or rewards.yml have been modified, then you must reload this data with the command "/ontime reload all"
Future Enhancements Under Consideration
- See BukkitDev Tickets tab for OnTime
If you want to request a feature to be added to this plugin, or you think any of the above should be given a higher priority, please submit a ticket or vote for existing ones.
Please Leave Comments
I'd love to hear what you think (good and bad) about this plugin. It will help me know if it's worth keeping up on the maintenance. Thanks. Edge
Compiled with Bukkit 1.6.4-R2.0; Java7; Vault 1.2.27;Votifier 1.9
- Fixed issue with hostName length MySQL Error (Ticket #384)
- Fixed issue with NPE error on player login during server startup or plugin reload (Ticket #384)
- Fixed issue with OnTime playerData table creation for new servers (Ticket #385)
- Fixed issue with reward commands not working while OnTime is in suspend mode (No Ticket)
Compiled with Bukkit 1.6.4-R2.0; Java7; Vault 1.2.27;Votifier 1.9
- Fixed reward.yml ‘rewardIDcounter’ increment problem (No Ticket)
- Improved handling of “ontime.track” permission (No Ticket)
- Fixed problem in output of "/ontime" when rewardsEnable and messageEnable both set to false. [Ticket #363]
- Fixed issue where players sometimes ended up with HUGE playtimes (Ticket #369)
- Fixed handling of kicked players (Ticket #333)
- Added ability to use RewardTag in addition to RewardID in all commands
- Expanded API to provide access to “total points”
- Added commands to set and modify RewardTags
- Added “reward shop” capabilities
- Added ability to set votifier “count” rewards to be single instance only (Ticket #360)
- Added ability to see RewardTags in “reward list” command
- Added recommended permission group settings (see below) (Ticket #361)
- Added collection and storage of player’s hostname upon first login
No permission strings were added, but sets of recommended permissions defaults were created.
(Click here for more information)
The permission group of "ontime.*" was removed becuase it was causing some problems when used incorrectly.
- ontime rewards edit <RewardId> tag=<RewardTag>
- ontime rewards shop [econ/points] <RewardID/RewardTag> <amount>
- ontime rewards add <parameters> tag=<RewardTag>
- ontime rewards list tags
- ontime rewards votifier <RewardID/RewardTag> count=xx [perpetual/single]
New Output Variables
- [balance] - Used to display player's econ balance
Table of contents
- 1 OnTime
- 2 SUBSCRIBE TO GET LATEST UPDATES
- 3 Plugin Notes
- 3.1 "ontime.*" Permission Group
- 3.2 ontime.track Permission
- 3.3 Online Support
- 3.4 bpermissions plugin compatibility
- 3.5 Integration with AFK Terminator
- 3.6 Integration with OnSign
- 3.7 Automated Update Check
- 3.8 DAT File Support
- 3.9 IMPORTANT NOTES on V3.11.x
- 3.10 Features:
- 3.11 Installation
- 3.12 Future Enhancements Under Consideration
- 3.13 Feature Requests:
- 3.14 Please Leave Comments
- 3.15 Change Log
- 4 V3.11.1
- 5 V3.11.0
- Date created
- Feb 25, 2012
- Last update
- Dec 07, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files