As many people know, NoCheat was marked as abandoned, and will not be updated again. However, with permission from NoCheat's original author Evenprime, I have decided to update NoCheat myself, to each and every update of CraftBukkit.
Now, why would I do this? There are many clones to NoCheat, (NoCheat+), as well as other anti-griefing plugins (AntiCheat) out there, but very many people really like the look, feel, and reliability of NoCheat. Since the release of 1.3.1, NoCheat officially broke, so I have updated it completely I will not be adding anything, just keeping NoCheat in it's amazing and glorious as-is form.
NoCheat will try to identify illegal data sent by players and exploitation of bugs in the game based on the information the player sends to the server. Such illegal behaviour may be moving faster than normally possible, or breaking blocks that are clearly not within the normal reach of the player.
If such behaviour is identified, a multitude of actions will be executed automatically (customizable by you, read the Instructions.txt file that gets generated when you run the plugin the first time), that may include logging the incident, informing an admin, stopping the player from doing whatever he did, or something else (you have a lot of freedom here).
- Want to just monitor players and silently log their behaviour, without them noticing? NoCheat can do that.
- Want to automatically stop players from doing illegal stuff? NoCheat can do that too.
- Want throw a player in jail for breaking a specific rule, announce it to all the players on the server, strike him with thunder and finally ban him for lifetime? NoCheat can do that too (if you have relevant plugins that can jail, thunder and ban installed)
What can NoCheat do?
- Player Movement
- Prevent flying or limit flying speed
- Enforce the original movement speeds for walking, sprinting, sneaking, swimming
- prevent "nofall" hacks (players not getting fall damage)
- Block Breaking
- Limit the reach for breaking blocks
- Force players to look at the blocks
- Prevents "noswing" hacks (the player breaks blocks without showing the arm animation)
- Block Placing
- Limit the reach for block placing
- Force players to look at the blocks
- Player Chat
- Limit messages and commands a player can send within a specific timeframe to combat spam
- Filter colors from player messages
- Prevent players from dropping too many items within a short timeframe and therefore lagging the server
- Prevent players from charging and firing their bows too fast
- Prevent players from eating their food too fast
- prevent attacking of enemies that aren't in the line of sight of the player
- prevent attacking without first swinging your arm
- prevent attacking too many times within one second
- prevent attacking of targets that are too far away
- prevent players becoming invulnerable by exploitation of a design flaw of Minecraft
- prevent players from accelerating their health regeneration by food saturation
The download link is at the right side of the page.
- Updated to 1.4.6 CB compatibility, fixed all issues related to NMS.
- Fixed Exceptions in all checks, and fixed crashes
- Updated to latest CB build
- I stopped being lazy and finally rebuilt my computer so I could do all of this
- Added permission and check to stop players from bypassing flight/movement checks by attacking themselves (This was a must, public clients knew about it, so it had to be added)
- Compiled in JRE6; will stop unsupported mismatch errors.
- Updated to CB 1.3.1RB-1
Find a bug? Need help? Message me, and I'll help you out. Or, create a ticket, and I'll help you out. Do not, under any circumstances, attempt to contact Evenprime; he has explicitly stated that he will no longer be providing any support whatsoever.
- Permissions: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nocheat-classic/pages/permissions/
- Configuration: https://github.com/Evenprime/NoCheat/blob/master/Instructions.txt
If you would like to support me in any way, feel free to donate to me. The button is at the top right of the page. If you would like a shout out, go ahead and message me, provide a name and message. Thanks to everyone!
- Date created
- Aug 13, 2012
- Last update
- Jan 01, 2013
- Development stage
- Public Domain
- Curse link
- Recent files