Naturally spawning horses - The way you want it!
With the introduction of horses in Minecraft 1.6, horses may now spawn naturally in plains biomes. Although for most people, it is often extremely rare (at least in old chunks). This plugin tries to emulate the natural spawning of horses and allows you to configure when and how it happens.
How does it work?
When the server loads a chunk into memory, the plugin performs various checks to determine if horses should be spawned (simulating a natural spawn). You are able to choose where they spawn, how often and how many in each group/herd.
- Ignores ALL newly generated chunks (assumes 1.6 chunk generation will handle it).
- The whole chunk must be Plains biome (actually only all four corners are checked, for performance).
- Surrounding chunks must contain no living entities (configurable chunk radius).
- Horses/donkeys will only spawn on grass blocks
- Time delay between spawning anything in seconds (configurable)
- Random chance of spawning anything (configurable)
- Random chance of spawning donkey instead of horse (configurable)
- Choose how many horses can spawn per group/herd
- WorldGuard compatible (does not spawn in regions with "mob-spawning: deny")
- Lots of debug information! (can be disabled)
How to use it:
- Download the NaturalHorses.jar
- Put the file in your "plugins" folder on your server.
- Restart your server
- Make any changes to the "plugin/NaturalHorses/config.yml" config file
- Restart your server again
- Find horses! :)
Please see the configuration page for more info.
Development builds can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server.
These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
See this in action?
You can try out this plugin on our family friendly survival server:
- Date created
- Jul 01, 2013
- Last update
- Jul 18, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Recent files