ANNOUNCEMENT 23 April 2015 MyChunk will return for Spigot! I will be picking MyChunk back up and creating a new version for Spigot. Watch this space (and the comments) for updates!
I realise there are land protection plugins out there already, and many of them link to the chunks inherent to Minecraft.
I have a lot of respect for the Towny team, and have used Towny on my server for quite some time. The issue I have with Towny is that players had to join or create a town to protect their land, which involved explaining town management to everyone who joined the server.
The idea of this plugin is to provide something which steps back from Towny by offering chunk based land protection for individuals, while offering more than other chunk based protection plugins (such as ChunkOwn) by offering some additional features.
This plugin does not REQUIRE the installation of any other plugins. However, if you want to make use of the economy options, such as charging to claim a chunk, the plugin requires the Vault plugin (and an economy plugin of course).
Thanks go to Tad Taylor (aka bittiez) for his series of quick and simply reference videos for the signs used in MyChunk!
- Claim a chunk for yourself by staking your claim with a [Claim] sign post
- Claim Server chunks to protect important areas
- Claim Public chunks to allow construction but prevent claiming of certain areas (useful for servers using "Protect Unclaimed")
- [ClaimArea] ans [UnclaimArea] signs to claim or unclaim multple chunks at once
- [Allow] and [Disallow] signs to extend permissions to other players to one chunk
- [Allow*] and [Disallow*] signs to extend permissions to other players to all your chunks
- [Lease] signs allow you to rent out a single door within your chunk to one player (like a hotel)
- Claimed chunk is marked in all corners with torches on the highest block
- Limit the maximum number of chunks a player can claim both globally and with individual/group permissions
- Option to limit building to claimed chunks only (Protect Unclaimed)
- Option to prevent claiming in Nether or End worlds
- (With Vault and an economy plugin) Charge players for claiming chunks
- (With Vault and an economy plugin) Option to give a refund for unclaiming chunks
- (With Vault and an economy plugin) Option to allow claiming above the max limit for an additional fee
- (With Vault and an economy plugin) Option to remove the overbuy fee when buying from another player
- (With Vault and an economy plugin) Sell chunks for profit using [For Sale] signs (and [Not For Sale] signs)
- Chunks you own are protected from griefing by other players or by creepers
- Doors, hatches, fence gates, buttons, levers, pressure plates, paintings and item frames are protected from griefers
- Doors are protected from being bashed in by zombies
- Chests, Furnaces, Dispensers and Brewing Stands are all protected
- Claim chunks for other players or for the server (with permission)
- Configurable PVP in owned chunks using [AllowPVP] signs
- Configurable mob spawning/damage in owned chunks using [AllowMobs] signs
- Fire cannot spread in owned chunks (including from lava)
- Automatic unclaiming of land for inactive players (Optional and configurable)
- Customise messages using the lang.yml file
- Works with Factions and Towny to prevent double claiming of chunks
- Commands available instead of signs if preferred
Installation and Configuration
- Drop the .jar file into your /pugins folder
- Restart the server (or reload plugins)
- Edit the config.yml file which is created in the /plugins/MyChunk folder. An explanation of the setting is included in the file.
- Rent your chunk to another player to make a profit
- Easy renting using a [To Let] sign
- Group together with other players to start a town, simply by claiming plots next to each other!
- Prevent clash with Towny by checking for chunks already claimed by Towny.
Language file to change message languageDONE PvP toggling on a per-chunk basisDONE
- PvE toggling on a per chunk basis (players can't hurt mobs either)
New since 2.3.0 : I have created a new plugin to display all claimed chunks on your dynmap (assuming you have it) colour coded depending on who owns the chunks (Player, Server, Public). The plugin can be downloaded from the following link:
Lead Developer: ellbristow
- Date created
- Feb 27, 2012
- Last update
- Jul 18, 2014
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Reverse relationships
- Recent files
- Optional dependency