MoneyDrop is back and better than ever!
MoneyDrop drops virtual money, represented by an ingame item, when a mob or player dies. This money can be picked up by players, but will go into their wallet instead of their inventory. Vault and an economy plugin supported by Vault are required to run MoneyDrop.
Help support the development of MoneyDrop: Donate today! Every little bit helps!
Note: MoneyDrop version 2 uses different settings than version 1. Read the following instructions before updating or things will break!
How to set up MoneyDrop
The steps in bold are for those updating from version 1.
Step 1: Make sure you've got one of the supported economy plugins set up on your server.
Step 2: Download and set up the Vault if you haven't already.
Step 3: Download the latest MoneyDrop and place it in your plugins folder.
Step 4: Back up your existing .yml files, then delete the original ones.
Step 5: Start up your server and shut it back down again.
Step 5: Edit the .yml files in the plugins/MoneyDrop folder with your favorite text-editor. This page tells you what does what.
Step 6: Start up your server and you're good to go!
MoneyDrop can be easily customized with other plugins.
For a list of plugins that make MoneyDrop even more awesome: Check here!
For information on how to create your own MoneyDrop extension: Check here!
I found a bug!
Post a ticket and I'll try to fix it asap!
Bugs that allow players to get more money than intended should be PM'd, not ticketed.
Please don't discuss money duplication in the comments.
Something isn't working, can you help me?
I'll try, but I'll need the following info:
- The version of MoneyDrop you're using.
- A list of other plugins you're using.
- Any errors that pop up (the entire error message).
- Your MoneyDrop config files.
I can't pick up money when my inventory is full.
This bug has been around since the day MoneyDrop was made and is one of the few bugs that can't be fixed due to the way bukkit handles item pickups.
Why did you get rid of the WorldGuard and Spout stuff in version 2?
To increase the stability of MoneyDrop.
Don't worry, the features are still available, but in the form of an extra plugin. That way, if one of the other plugins isn't playing nice with MoneyDrop anymore, you can just remove the plugin that links the two.
I'll donate if you add this!
Donate because you like the work I've done, not because you want me to do something.
If you want a feature added, post it as a suggestion or hire me to make you a custom version.
Asking me to value your suggestion higher because you promise to donate is disrespectful to both me and your fellow users.
What's new in version 2
- You can now set the damage values to further customize your drops.
- Money is now easier to configure and has better support for decimal values.
- MoneyDrop will automatically add new mobs to your config file when they're added ingame. No need to update each time Minecraft does!
- Features relying on other plugins have been removed to make MoneyDrop more stable. You can find those features again in the form of a MoneyDrop-extending plugin.
- Many under the hood optimisations.
- A new event system makes it even easier to create plugins that customize MoneyDrop's behavior.
- Fixed a money duplication bug
- Fixed more rounding errors
- Fixed a money duplication bug
- Fixed the rounding errors in chat
- Added some missing features in the api
- Added an option to send a chat message when the player dies
- Initial release
For info on the outdated version 1, check out this page.
A big thank you to the people who kept MoneyDrop alive during my year-long absence. You guys are amazing!
- Date created
- Aug 25, 2011
- Last update
- Apr 14, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU Lesser General Public License version 3 (LGPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files