Capture mobs and get eggs legitimately:
MobCatcher allows players to capture mobs and get the corresponding spawn eggs. This is useful for trading and transporting mobs from player to player or even across worlds. As well as having a configurable capture item, MobCatcher also boasts configurable mob types and item costs per capture, bringing a new economic value to mob types both peaceful and hostile. MobCatcher is able to store and recall mob specific data saved to specific spawn eggs. This means things like capturing and spawning colored sheep, baby animals, and tamed wolves is possible! This is done via a separate .dat file which saves data for each mob and removes it when that mob is spawned.Try it out on your server today!
v3.1 Video Preview
- Capturing configurable mob types
- Saves mob data to specific spawn eggs (color, age, tamed, etc.)
- Spout custom spawn eggs
- Spout textures via automatic dropbox download. May be disabled in config file
- Respects Towny regions
- Getting spawn eggs without creative mode
- Makes spawn eggs throwable
- Configurable capture item, including projectiles
- Configurable costs for every mob type
- Sign-based mob protection
- Vault Economy support!
- Percent Chance for captures
- Eggs are used up after spawning a mob
- Dispensers can shoot spawn eggs at higher speeds
- Doesn't interfere with players in Creative Mode
All you have to do is hold an egg (configurable) and left click on the mob you wish to capture. Its really that easy.
/mobc - Displays all command usage
/mobc item - Displays Capture item setting
/mobc clean - Removes data from a spawn egg itemstack.
/mobc projectiles - Displays current projectile settings
/mobc settings [mob type] - Displays settings
/mobc worlds - Displays which worlds MobCatcher is enabled in
/mobc area - displays how many Protection Signs the player is within the radius of
/mobc resetsigndata - Deletes all saved sign data
For help with the config file and permissions nodes, see the corresponding pages here.
- Updated for 1.7.5-R0.1 Dev #3039
- Updated for 1.7.2-R0.3 Beta
- Mobs within protection sign radius are now also protected from player damage.
- Fixed bug: spawning mobs from dispensers now works correctly
- Fixed bug: mobc clean command doesn't work on eggs in the new ID system
- Fixed bug: cost ammounts of 0 now work as expected
For earlier changes, see Files Page
MobCatcher will NOT work if you are not using the version of CB it was intended for. Due to the Bukkit "safeguard' system, MobCatcher will break every version change. Do NOT post tickets or comments about ClassNotFoundExceptions or infinite spawning glitches as these are caused by you using the wrong version.
Before posting a bug, check your server console for a giant red error message.
- Date created
- Feb 02, 2012
- Last update
- Apr 06, 2014
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files