Capture mobs and get eggs legitimately:
MobCatcher allows players to capture mobs and get the corresponding spawn eggs. This is useful for trading and transporting mobs from player to player or even across worlds. As well as having a configurable capture item, MobCatcher also boasts configurable mob types and item costs per capture, bringing a new economic value to mob types both peaceful and hostile. MobCatcher is able to store and recall mob specific data saved to specific spawn eggs. This means things like capturing and spawning colored sheep, baby animals, and tamed wolves is possible! This is done via a separate .dat file which saves data for each mob and removes it when that mob is spawned.Try it out on your server today!
v3.1 Video Preview
- Capturing configurable mob types
- Saves mob data to specific spawn eggs (color, age, tamed, etc.)
- Spout custom spawn eggs
- Respects Towny regions
- Getting spawn eggs without creative mode
- Makes spawn eggs throwable
- Configurable capture item, including projectiles
- Configurable costs for every mob type
- Sign-based mob protection
- Vault Economy support!
- Percent Chance for captures
- Eggs are used up after spawning a mob
- Dispensers can shoot spawn eggs at higher speeds
- Doesn't interfere with players in Creative Mode
All you have to do is hold an egg (configurable) and left click on the mob you wish to capture. Its really that easy.
/mobc - Displays all command usage
/mobc item - Displays Capture item setting
/mobc clean - Removes data from a spawn egg itemstack.
/mobc projectiles - Displays current projectile settings
/mobc settings [mob type] - Displays settings
/mobc worlds - Displays which worlds MobCatcher is enabled in
/mobc area - displays how many Protection Signs the player is within the radius of
/mobc resetsigndata - Deletes all saved sign data
For help with the config file and permissions nodes, see the corresponding pages here.
- Updated for 1.6.4-R0.1 Beta #2889 (not for use with any other version)
- Fixed bug: Renamed horses would throw exceptions and lose saved data.
- Fixed bug: Renamed cost will no longer allow free captures. Can no longer be used at all
- Fixed bug: All horses spawned with no data had max health and jump height; speed cannot be fixed at this time due to bukkit api limitations.
- Updated for 1.6.2-R0.1 #2812 (not for use with any other version)
- New: Horses now fully supported.
- New: Saved data for horses variant, style, color, jump strength, tameness, health, age, name, saddles, armor, chests, and chest contents
- New: Saved data for max health of all mobs
- New: Health is now displayed as a fraction (current/max)
- Fixed bug: Untamed ocelots data saved incorrectly
- Fixed bug: Exceptions when using mobc reload command from the console
- Fixed bug: Horse eggs from the creative mode only spawn default horses.
For earlier changes, see Files Page
MobCatcher will NOT work if you are not using the version of CB it was intended for. Due to the Bukkit "safeguard' system, MobCatcher will break every version change. Do NOT post tickets or comments about ClassNotFoundExceptions or infinite spawning glitches as these are caused by you using the wrong version.
Before posting a bug, check your server console for a giant red error message.
- Date created
- Feb 02, 2012
- Last update
- Oct 01, 2013
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files