Note: Update for 1.9
Due to the non-trivial changes in 1.9, both on the side of Minecraft itself as well as on the side of Spigot, MobArena unfortunately has a couple of issues that need to be addressed:
- Using the require-empty-inv flags will cause a NullPointerException ("Internal Server Error"). This has been fixed (and the repo is updated), but for now, with v0.97.1, the only way to use MobArena properly is with the flags set to false.
- Potions can't be parsed from the config-file. This requires a fairly big change to the item parser in MobArena, and I'll work on it as soon as I find some time. Until then, try Class Chests, and do without potions in upgrade waves.
- The armor slots in the Class Chests don't work due to a decision by the folks over at Spigot to break backwards compatibility with the inventory API instead of correcting the documentation for it. This has been fixed (repo is updated), but there is no workaround, so armor must be manually equipped if using Class Chests.
I don't want to give an ETA that I can't hold, so "when it's done" is the only answer I can give to "when is it ready?". In the meantime, feel free to hop on github and debate some of the existing issues (especially potions), and make suggestions as to how they can be resolved. If you're a developer, feel free to send some pull requests (but don't expect me to blindly pull them).
If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game MobArena!
Heavily inspired by Deminetix' now inactive 'Fight'-plugin, MobArena is a PvE-take on arena-gameplay, with a similar class-based system. Instead of fighting other players, you team up with them to beat oncoming waves of monsters, earning lots of rewards in the process. MobArena can be played alone, or with as many friends as you like!
- Fight oncoming waves of monsters!
- Play on your own, or team up with friends!
- Earn glorious prizes!
- Build your own arena!
- Completely customizable classes, waves and rewards!
- Easy to set up!
- Extremely easy to use!
- Very few user commands!
- Uses Vault for permissions and economies!
This plugin utilises Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
Opting out of this service can be done by editing plugins/Plugin Metrics/config.yml and changing opt-out to true.
MobArena will automatically check for updates for you, so you get a notification when a new version is out! It works by querying the dev.bukkit.org page for the file list, and checking if the newest file is newer than the one you're currently using. If you prefer to check for updates yourself, or if you just don't want MobArena to check for them, you can opt out by editing plugins/MobArena/config.yml and setting update-notification (under global-settings) to false.
Note: All of the information on the github Wiki will eventually be transfered to this project page.
Setting up MobArena is easy, but it is a little involved. To make your life much easier, I've set up a Wiki for MobArena. It contains a bunch of information and guides on how to set up and customize arenas, an overview of all the commands, how to set up Permissions, frequently asked questions, and more. So head on over to the Wiki, to get MobArena set up right away! :)
MobArena has its own IRC channel (#mobarena @ EsperNet). Click here for a web-based IRC client. Feel free to stop by to get help setting everything up if you really don't understand the Wiki and the instructional video, or to have a chat about MobArena (or anything else, for that matter) :)
- Bosses and waves - a collection of interesting bosses and waves!
- Arena schematics - post your arena schematics for others to use!
HOOKING INTO MOBARENA
MobArena currently has several custom events. You listen to them as you would any normal Bukkit event. For an idea of how to set it up, see these links to dasbreen's ArenaGodPlus plugin:
- MobArena "set up" which at this point is just registering the class that is the MobArena Listener
- MobArena Listener class
If you are experiencing problems with MobArena, please try to follow these simple steps before posting a ticket or asking on IRC, as it will make everything much, much easier for everyone in the troubleshooting and debugging process:
1. Check the server log
The first thing you must do is check the server log for any exceptions (don't know what an exception looks like? Click here). If the exception looks like the following, you are using tabs instead of spaces in your config-file (which is punishable by death):
[SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\MobArena.jar' in folder 'plugins': while scanning for the next token found character '\t' that cannot start any token in "<reader>", line 15, column 1: Tank: ^
If it doesn't look like that exception, just copy it into a pastebin or a pastie, and include it in your bug report ticket. Please don't post bug reports on the forums, as they are more likely to get lost between all the other posts.
2. Try your setup on a fresh server
If at all possible, try setting up a local test server (don't know how? follow this guide), on which you install nothing but MobArena. Now copy the config-file that you're using on your live server where you experienced the problem, and see if you can reproduce it. If not, you most likely have a conflicting plugin (read the next section).
3. Find possible plugin conflicts
Try removing all other plugins from your server. Do this by stopping the server, moving all the .jar files into a different folder than the plugins-folder, and then starting up the server again. If the problem persists, it's a problem with MobArena, but if not, it's a conflicting plugin, and if so, try to add half of the plugins back at a time (binary search), and test every time you do, so you can figure out which plugin is causing the conflict.
I develop MobArena for the fun of it and the positive feedback is all it takes to make me happy, but a few people have asked for a link, so if you're one of them, here's a link: Donate - You can donate as much (or as little) as you want. Any amount is greatly appreciated! :)
- Date created
- Aug 25, 2011
- Last update
- Aug 23, 2015
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Reverse relationships
- Recent files