Welcome to MCBans
MCBans is a global banning solution for Minecraft, provided through the Bukkit plugin. The aim of the plugin is to provide server owners with a method of assisting in the prevention of griefers on their own and other's servers, using both local and global bans.
Currently, we're flying using the MCBans 4.21 plugin and CraftBukkit 1.6.2, and all is well!
MCBans Website: http://mcbans.com
Please remember the following things while using our plugin!
- MCBans is maintained constantly by a team of staff, but we're not miracle workers! Like everyone, we need time to perform our tasks and can't do everything on demand.
- MCBans isn't always 100% clear from invalid bans - but, we're well on our way. Your help is always thanked in removing invalid bans and we try our hardest to monitor everything.
- MCBans has a small dedicated development team - We do only have a few dedicated developers, but they do have other commitments as well.
- MCBans staff don't always have good memories! email. [email protected]
A Global ban is a ban that effects a user on a permanent scale by reducing their reputation from 10 downwards with every ban, the deduction depends on the server's own reputation. For the reason that, when users reach 0 reputation they get banned from accessing any MCBans server, there are strict guidelines that regulate the usage of such bans.
These bans are meant for high severity offences in order to prevent griefers violating the same rules on other servers, and they are always monitored by the MCBans Staff so we can quickly remove any invalid bans.
So.. How does this all work then?
During the connect phase of logging into a server, the plugin asks the main server for information on the users (Reputation, No. of alt accounts etc.) which it then uses to determine if a user is eligible to access the server or not. If they are, then we don't do much else except inform the user if they have bans on record, any disputes and things like that. Otherwise, if they aren't eligible to login, then they get kicked with the ban reason that caused them to be disallowed access.
But, what if I want to let someone on who is banned?
You can always add players or reasons to an exception list located in your server control panel.
Help! Something wont work!
Hey, hey! Don't get all worked up, you only need to do one of the following to get help: Check out our forum at http://forums.mcbans.com Or finally, check in for a chat via our IRC chatroom at irc://irc.esper.net/mcbans
Local Ban Variations
- /ban <playername> <reason> - bans the player
- /rban <playername> <reason> - rollback and ban
- E.G. /ban Firestarthe breaking my sign *
Global Ban Variations
- /ban <playername> g <reason> - global ban
- /gban <playername> <reason> - global ban
- /rban <playername> g <reason> - rollback and global ban
- E.G. /ban g Firestarthe griefing *
Temporary Ban Variations
- /ban <playername> t <int> <m/h/d> <reason> - temp bans a player
- /tban <playername> <int> <m/h/d> <reason> - temp bans a player
- /rban <playername> t <int> <m/h/d> <reason> - temp bans a player and rolls them back
- E.G. /tban Firestarthe 15 m you are banned for 15 minutes *
IP Ban Variations
- /banip <IP> [reason] - bans an IP address ( /unban <IP> to unban ip address)
- /lookup <playername> - checks players ban history (local/global bans)
- /banlookup <banID> - checks ban details
- /kick <playername> [reason] - kicks a player from the game
- /unban <playername|IP> - unbans the player/IP from your server
- mcbans.admin (default: op) - Admin privileges to mcbans
- mcbans.ban.global (default: op) - Allow global ban player
- mcbans.ban.local (default: op) - Allow local ban player
- mcbans.ban.temp (default: op) - Allow temp ban player
- mcbans.ban.rollback (default: op) - Allow use rban command
- mcbans.ban.ip (default: op) - Allow use banip command
- mcbans.unban (default: op) - Allow unban player
- mcbans.view.alts (default: op) - Show notification of a players alts on connect
- mcbans.view.bans (default: op) - Show previous ban information on player connect
- mcbans.view.staff (default: true) - Show notification of a mcbans staff on connect
- mcbans.hideview (default: false) - Hide player view alts/previous bans on connect
- mcbans.lookup.player (default: op) - Allow lookup player ban history
- mcbans.lookup.ban (default: op) - Allow lookup ban details
- mcbans.lookup.alt (default: op) - Allow lookup alt account
- mcbans.kick (default: op) - Allow kick player
- mcbans.kick.exempt (default: op) - Exempt from kicks
- Download the latest MCBans jar file and put on your plugins directory
- Run your server
- Go to http://my.mcbans.com/servers
- Copy your API key
- On your server, open /plugins/MCBans/config.yml in a text editor
- Enter your apiKey: 342903849263048203874 (this number is an example of your APIkey)
- Change any configurations that you want
- Restart your server or type /mcbans reload
We'll always be able to help and will try to the best of our ability to resolve any questions or issues you may have!
MCBans Staff Debug Commands
The plugin contains commands which give descriptive data to help diagnose issues that your server may have. These commands are strictly readonly and provide only information. the commands include ones that send permissions debug data + mcbans variable sizes, a message sent to admins verifying that they are mcbans staff, as well as apikey info and minrep settings. This data is only probed when your server has requested support regarding issues with the mcbans plugin.
Table of contents
- 1 Welcome to MCBans
- 1.1 Expectations
- 1.2 Global Ban?
- 1.3 So.. How does this all work then?
- 1.4 But, what if I want to let someone on who is banned?
- 1.5 Help! Something wont work!
- 1.6 Commands
- 1.7 Permission Nodes
- 1.8 SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
- 1.9 MCBans Staff Debug Commands
- Date created
- Aug 24, 2011
- Last update
- Jul 20, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files